Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Dec 8, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #46 of 116

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I recently obtained Turbine Golds, and I know for sure that they are authentic, but are there reported fake Turbine Golds yet? Just curious.

Yes, the whole Turbine lineup has fakes including the MD.

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #47 of 116
Awesome post-thanks so much. This will be useful Monday! I'm meeting with a guy who is selling is Coppers for only $50 because he 'got them as a gift'. We'll see, if they're real I'm super lucky! And thanks to you, I'll be able to identify them properly :) 

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #48 of 116
Hey wanted to reply on here see what you guys think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220717986447&si=PKXLhMvjQSxNleqLnBRgLlaCiWA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Real or Fake?

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #51 of 116

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I recently obtained Turbine Golds, and I know for sure that they are authentic, but are there reported fake Turbine Golds yet? Just curious.

Just check the grills on the your golds and the accessories. These are the few obvious pointers which shows whether they are real or fake.

Apparently, there hasn't been any reports on fake golds in this forum. (I bought them for $179 from eBay, I thought that they were fake but apparently they were genuine.)

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #53 of 116
Fake Monster Turbines do have some of these traits in common. Particularly the mesh grill facing in rather than popping out, the lack of a serial number at the splitter, and the narrower, shallower diagonal cuts in the metal. I have also heard that they feel heavier, but I cannot personally attest to that.

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #54 of 116
Can someone take a look at these and see if these are fakes; it would be greatly appreciated 
biggrin.gif
:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MONSTER-TURBINE-PRO-COPPER-EDITION-HEADPHONES_W0QQitemZ250769308549QQcategoryZ112529QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #55 of 116
Feb 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #56 of 116
There is really no way to tell as it is only the box. also 100% feedback doesn't mean jack especially when 95% of the gen pop arent aware of fakes or how to spot them, nor can they hear a difference most of the time. I would never buy unless I can see all the accessories, particularly the 1/4 adapter, how the box opens up/colour of the box inside, package with "Supertips" marked on them, and if possible, the grill of the phones themselves. I have seen those "Top Rated Power Sellers" selling fakes and it is so damn obvious with teh fake adapter. But that just goes to show you how most don't know how to distinguish b/w fake/real.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #58 of 116
one of the ways to tell is by looking at the shrinkwrap. based on the monsters I've had, all of them seem to have a little hole at the top where the tab for the shelf hooks sticks out(they are exposed). on the fakes, the shelf tabs are sealed inside the shrinkwrap

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #59 of 116
Also, don't forget, guys. the pictures you see on eBay could easily have been copied off another listing. Just because the seller posts pictures of real Turbine Coppers, doesn't mean that what he's sending you are real. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back