Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Sep 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

Zedd1

New Head-Fier
This is my first thread as a member of head-fi. I'd like to start my contribution to the community with a post showing the differences between the real and the fake monster turbine pro copper. I won a pair on auction on ebay and it turned out to be a fake. The seller KNEW it was a fake when I contacted him as soon as I received the package. I settled on keeping them for $30 and got refunded the rest of my money, hoping to get my hand on a real pair and do a comparison review. Once I got my pro copper from amazon I compiled pics of all the differences...and the fake looks and feels very close to the original, and sounds descent too but not as good though. Check for yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedd_01/sets/72157624943782258/

http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/13083/user_id/159922

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 116
thank you very much for taking so much time to take very good pictures and accurate observations, mind blowing first post (applauds) took a $30 hit for all prospective monster turbines (more digital clapping)

James

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 116
by the way, welcome to head-fi, with your purchase of the coppers, you're well on your way to completely draining your wallet

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 116
Wow!!  You did such a massive service to the community w/ your first post!  Thanks a bunch.  This is sticky worthy.  Cheers!

beerchug.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 116

Quote:
by the way, welcome to head-fi, with your purchase of the coppers, you're well on your way to completely draining your wallet

x2

Tip, find the right tips!
tongue_smile.gif
 Play w/ insertion depth, you can alter sonic temperature and attenuate treble to your tastes by doing so w/ the Coppers.

BTW, next year is right around the corner.  Hehe.

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #10 of 116
Man, without the comparisons, I doubt anyone would suspect they had bought fakes -- the differences are clear when compared, but otherwise the fakes look pretty good!

As useful as this info is, the problem is that found ONE set of fakes -- if more companies start producing such near-quality fakes, it will be harder and harder to spot the difference.

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #11 of 116
The earphones with the biggest buzz and attention will certainly always have their share of fakes. The extensive marketing and publicity from monster cable is an open call for piracy. The fakes are getting better and better. I have personally encountered fakes of the IE8 from Sennheiser and have read that there are tons of counterfeits of this brand. It's a shame. I have owned 3 pairs of Sennheiser and loved them all. Now Monster turbine!?!. The fakes come sealed and are spot on on almost every detail. 

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #12 of 116

I for YOU. 

I am thinking ´bout them, but after that...well
confused_face.gif
I am affraid a lot. thx again.

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 116
Do you know which seller on Ebay is serious and does sell to a cheap price but authentic Coppers? Or another good internet seller where I can get them below 250 $.
Best regards Guys, rock your ears
L3000.gif

BTW thanks for your analyzation of these damn fakes :wink:

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 116
I've seen some "like new" (returned from buyers, but still new) on amazon for under $250. Amazon's Warehouse Deals also sells it 'like new' when available (visit from time to time), I'd recommend it because you can return them easily if you don't like them, if you live in the US. Other Amazon sellers may have a stricter return policy. On ebay, I don't know what seller to recommend you, there seems to be many frauds selling them for cheap or suggesting best offers, go for authorized dealers. You can also find a list of authorized dealers on Monster cable web site if you really want to take advantage of their replacement warranty. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #15 of 116

Quote:
This is my first thread as a member of head-fi. I'd like to start my contribution to the community with a post showing the differences between the real and the fake monster turbine pro copper. I won a pair on auction on ebay and it turned out to be a fake. The seller KNEW it was a fake when I contacted him as soon as I received the package. I settled on keeping them for $30 and got refunded the rest of my money, hoping to get my hand on a real pair and do a comparison review. Once I got my pro copper from amazon I compiled pics of all the differences...and the fake looks and feels very close to the original, and sounds descent too but not as good though. Check for yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedd_01/sets/72157624943782258/

http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/13083/user_id/159922

Hey I bought These Monster Turbine Pro Copper from FUTURE SHOP in Canada,  They have the original 1/4" adapter real supertips,  Super tips Holder,

the earbuds are gun metal and not the brushed silver,  the lengths are the same as the real ones.

But there is one thing...  the box model number says MH TBB-P IE CPR   .....  and on the monster website it says MH TRB-P IE CPR .

do you think its fake??

i dont know why the box would say MH TBB-P IE CPR .. and do big stores like FUTURE SHOP would sell fakes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back