Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Oct 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #16 of 116
here's another one off Ebay Australia, are these fake or real?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-Headphones-Earbuds-GOLD-/270644127946?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item3f03a5a8ca

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 116

Quote:
Hey I bought These Monster Turbine Pro Copper from FUTURE SHOP in Canada,  They have the original 1/4" adapter real supertips,  Super tips Holder,

the earbuds are gun metal and not the brushed silver,  the lengths are the same as the real ones.

But there is one thing...  the box model number says MH TBB-P IE CPR   .....  and on the monster website it says MH TRB-P IE CPR .

do you think its fake??

i dont know why the box would say MH TBB-P IE CPR .. and do big stores like FUTURE SHOP would sell fakes?

Best Buy bought Future Shop  a few years ago. Yours should be real.
The model number on mine is "MH TBB-P IE CPR 129396-00"
You can see Future Shop is a part of Best Buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Privacy-Policy/pcmcat204400050062.c?id=pcmcat204400050062&DCMP=rdr0002305

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 116

Quote:
here's another one off Ebay Australia, are these fake or real?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-Headphones-Earbuds-GOLD-/270644127946?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item3f03a5a8ca

With the low feedback rate, generic pictures, it looks to be guaranteed to be fakes. Bottom line, to play if safe or safer, don't buy from eBay when the price is too good to be true.  One can buy these things for $20-30 a box from a so called Chinese wholesales site and resell them to be the real deal.  Not worth the trouble.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 116
Do the supertips seem identical or are they different too?  How many supertips do you get and what size?

It's funny, I have a real one but the box has a misspelling in the patent section.  It worried me for a while.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 116
Very nice. I myself purchased some fakes from eBay about 2 months back and luckily was informed of a member here before I opened them. As soon as they came in the mail I opened a case and had them refunded that sane week.
If I still had them and didn't read this thread I would have thought I had gotten the real things; great first post man.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #22 of 116
I love these comparison threads! Keep up the good work!
Bought a pair of fake Pumas on ebay once. Was gutted!

Take it easy,

cheers Ed

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #24 of 116
I also bought a fake from ebay, but from UK! Your photos were big help, thx!

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #25 of 116
I first bought the fakes from feebay, but I did really like them, especially for 50$. I did end up buying some real ones on Amazon for a good price and did all the comparisons. I am not getting old yet, but the sound difference wasn't 100% night and day. It was noticeable but not $250 difference noticeable.

I know, worst first post ever!

Nov 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #26 of 116
Hey guys, picked up a pair of supposed coppers off a guy on CL. I think they are fake, after doing some comparisons the ONLY things that make me suspect boil down to the adapter and the bag the ear buds come in. I took reference pics of everything with some comparison pics to my copper golds.

The barrels are legit copper, not goldish copper. The end pieces are polished gunmetal, I checked the grooves and everything. It all checks out as being legit as far as I can tell.

Checked the box against the fake box against my box and the box checks out as real. 

But when I opened the box the adapter matches the adapter in the fake box and also the baggy containing the high end ear buds matches the fake. 

What do you guys think? They sound great except no bass at all in the left side. 

Paid $100 for these btw. 

After some more examining, the end pieces are definitely polished gunmetal, on the tips the mesh matches real copper mesh as per the pictures. The grooves in the barel are definitely as deep and clear cut as they should be. Going down to where the main wire splits into two the Monster sign is stamped correctly and the control number is not upside down and reads M0728. 

The possible fakes are 4 inches longer cable wise than my golds. The wire is thinner yet more stiff. 

Comparing side by side to my golds, man the barrells definitely match in terms of build and the groove cut depth and shape etc. The color is DEFINITELY copper and not goldish copper, the end pieces are def polished gunmetal. 

If these are fakes I will be shocked because they look fantastic. Sound amazing as well. I am starting to think they are real save for the lack of bass in the left ear piece. THoughts??

Nov 6, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #28 of 116
Not sure where my pictures are but

After spending over an hour doing comparisons literally EVERYTHING checks out EXCEPT the contents of the box. The adapter matches the one from the fake box and the plastic bag with two ear buds matches the fake as well. Literally EVERYTHING else checks out. I even compared to my Pro Golds and the grooves are identical in both size angle and depth. The end pieces are definitely polished gunmetal. I checked the splitter and the control code is not upside down and the digits are large (even though there are more of them than the real pair) also at the base of the splitter the little end piece on mine is longer just like the real ones and not stumpy like the fake posted.

I cannot upload images, anybody know why? 

If anyone in the south bay area wants to take a look and poss shoot some good hi res shots let me know. If these are fakes they need to be circulated because they look DARN good. Since the guy is not answering my calls I presume he isn't giving a refund so they are burning in as we speak. Like I said, literally zero bass in the left side. Who knows though, the driver may just be stiff.

I would love some input here, honestly I bought them because if they ARE fakes the community should see them. Oh and the box was sealed in plastic (I know means nothing). 

Here is the CL ad that I replied to http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2038617566.html

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #30 of 116

Quote:
So having examined the adapter and comparing for sure mine are fake. So sad right now. Will monster do anything for me? 

They didn't make it, so it's not their product and therefore have no obligation to do anything unless you bought from an authorized dealer, which you did not. Just as Senn won't do anything other than shrug if I try to send them a fake IE8 I bought off of DealExtreme for $0.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back