Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Nov 7, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #31 of 116
I know it is blasphemous to ask, but how is the sound quality on the fakes? For $36 shipped on DX, the accessories and build quality appears to best those OEM selling at that price range. 

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #32 of 116

Quote:
I know it is blasphemous to ask, but how is the sound quality on the fakes? For $36 shipped on DX, the accessories and build quality appears to best those OEM selling at that price range. 

They don't sound bad actually. On par with my regular turbines at the very least. Not as good as my Golds but they sound surprisingly good. 

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #33 of 116

Quote:
They don't sound bad actually. On par with my regular turbines at the very least. Not as good as my Golds but they sound surprisingly good. 

Wow. As good as the regular Turbines for $36? I think we might have found ourselves a new budget-fi champ!
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #34 of 116

Quote:
Not sure where my pictures are but

After spending over an hour doing comparisons literally EVERYTHING checks out EXCEPT the contents of the box. The adapter matches the one from the fake box and the plastic bag with two ear buds matches the fake as well. Literally EVERYTHING else checks out. I even compared to my Pro Golds and the grooves are identical in both size angle and depth. The end pieces are definitely polished gunmetal. I checked the splitter and the control code is not upside down and the digits are large (even though there are more of them than the real pair) also at the base of the splitter the little end piece on mine is longer just like the real ones and not stumpy like the fake posted.

I cannot upload images, anybody know why? 

If anyone in the south bay area wants to take a look and poss shoot some good hi res shots let me know. If these are fakes they need to be circulated because they look DARN good. Since the guy is not answering my calls I presume he isn't giving a refund so they are burning in as we speak. Like I said, literally zero bass in the left side. Who knows though, the driver may just be stiff.

I would love some input here, honestly I bought them because if they ARE fakes the community should see them. Oh and the box was sealed in plastic (I know means nothing). 

Here is the CL ad that I replied to http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2038617566.html

They are fakes for sure.  You should avoid buying headphones on CL, because 99% of the time its a fake.  Even when the price is close to retail, they are usually fakes also. Another way to tell if they are fakes right away is to look at the shrink wrap that was on the box. There is a little plastic tab on the box that is made for stores to hang the package.  The real package will have a perfect cut out around that area that has shrink wrap wrinkles around it while the fakes will have that area covered with shrink wrap plastic or it is cut out very sloppy with a razor blade. 

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #35 of 116
WOW!  Thank you so much.  It's so good, there really really hard to tell.

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #37 of 116
Nov 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #39 of 116
Nov 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #40 of 116
Dec 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #43 of 116
Thanks for your informative post!
So good to know how to differentiate fakes/real

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #44 of 116

Quote:
This guy is motivated! Ad after ad. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/2056435071.html  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sys/2046680429.html  Any chance I can get him arrested? Will monster do anything? I keep trying to trap this guy but he seems to be able to sniff me and my friends out. Keeps trying to sell though so I assume people are contacting him to buy these. Has to be making money. Very upsetting. 

cant you report it to a CL mod and have them ban his IP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back