Europe Deals Thread
Jan 8, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #376 of 2,497
"Casque" is indeed "headphones", yes (that's also, literally "helmet", by the way).  But "écouteurs" is used for IEMs or earbuds, if that's what you're looking for.
Further useful vocabulary :
"Enceintes" is "speakers"
"Amplificateur" is "amplifier" ("amplificateur de casque", shortened as "ampli casque" is "headphone amp"). "Préamplificateur" or "préampli" is "preamplifier", obviously
"Convertisseur" is "DAC" (but most shops use "DAC" nowadays)
"Platine vinyle" is "turntable". "Cellule" is "cartridge"
"platine CD" is "CD player"
"câbles" is "cables" (note the nifty accent).

But, again, don't get your hopes up.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #378 of 2,497
  Godd***it that Amperior is so tempting but I shouldn't buy it cuz I need my money for a dap upgrade.

I know how you feel... The Amperior is calling me like a Siren on the rocks, but I've comitted to a friend who runs a portable audio store online to buy a V-Moda M100 from him, so my toy-fund is all tied up...

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #379 of 2,497
Yay, now we are totally ready to go shopping for head-fi on amazon.fr.

The Amperior is indeed tempting, but I just bought a pair Noble 4 universals, so I don't really need them. And also, i do already have the old hd25-1 mkIIs. :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #380 of 2,497
It seems that the Amperior is only for shipment within France!

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #384 of 2,497
Have you checked on Cobrason's (the marketplace seller) own website ? They might ship out of France.

I had already picked up the Amperior on Redcoon.de, thanks.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #385 of 2,497
Ahah it's lol that Head-fiers shop in France while we in France look everytime on amazon.jp and .com in crying... If people need something on amazon.fr let me know it in PM, I could perhaps help

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #386 of 2,497
  Ahah it's lol that Head-fiers shop in France while we in France look everytime on amazon.jp and .com in crying... If people need something on amazon.fr let me know it in PM, I could perhaps help

Yeah, HDP R10 but dang, you sold it already and I wasn't aware of it
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #387 of 2,497

Yeah, HDP R10 but dang, you sold it already and I wasn't aware of it
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

I tell you, it's not a very good deal even at 430€. Find an excellent amp like a balanced RSA and take a good on the go source like the DX50 or the future X5/DX90

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #388 of 2,497

I tell you, it's not a very good deal even at 430€. Find an excellent amp like a balanced RSA and take a good on the go source like the DX50 or the future X5/DX90

Wow, thank you for your honesty mate. I think I can totally say I will skip brick size daps like R10, HM901 etc. I will most probably land on X5 or DX90 and my heart goes to X5 for the moment. We will see I guess, I wanna read in depth reviews of both of them. X5 so far has very positive feedback, although it is a bit limited due to lack of availability.

Anyway let's not derail the thread, but, I appreciate your suggestion
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #389 of 2,497

Users who are viewing this thread

Back