Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 30, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #38,987 of 40,671
I didn't bother to go, I just bought my Odin and it's an hour and a half drive in LA traffic to the site.

And my guess is no one is cable rolling the Raven at that table except for EE folks.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #38,988 of 40,671
For anyone interested that is at SoCal Canjam I'm going to be headed down to the lobby of the hotel with the full Empire Ears lineup including Raven if anyone would like some more time to listen to them. Just DM me if you need any help finding me.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #38,997 of 40,671
I just find it lame that people feel the need to come to this thread and try and crap on people who enjoy the brand and people behind it. Doesn’t make them right or wrong, it’s just a preference. There’s zero need for people to take it personally. Especially to the point that they feel the need to insult others or insinuate something insidious over it.
No idea if what you all are discussing is a big issue or not. I also read someone suggesting a thicker shell and they felt the shell was too thin. I am not trying to protect EA, but I will say at CanJam NY the thinner shelled IEM sounded better than the same IEM in a thicker shell due to the bone conduction. Maybe there is a correlation? In time it will all play out.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #38,998 of 40,671
Raven reminds me Gibson Les Paul. Out of my collection, I know that all my Fender guitars including vintage ones will take fall no problem. LPs and 335s will get head-stoke broken in the same situation. If you want that LP tone , it’s just part of the deal. There are some LPs style guitars out there which won’t have that fragile head stock….. Well none of them has true LP tone or vibe.
Obviously IEM has to be able handle cable swap without issues and sounds like this is getting addressed. As far as shell being fragile , I personally have no problem there. Let’s not forget we are talking about niche boutique luxury toy. I recently got my father custom top tier glasses and those won’t be able to take a fall either.
Please , I’m not trying say that product has to be inferior. My point is that some niche boutique products have very specific attributes to them. Ability to take a fall is not always one of them.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #38,999 of 40,671
Raven reminds me Gibson Les Paul. Out of my collection, I know that all my Fender guitars including vintage ones will take fall no problem. LPs and 335s will get head-stoke broken in the same situation. If you want that LP tone , it’s just part of the deal. There are some LPs style guitars out there which won’t have that fragile head stock….. Well none of them has true LP tone or vibe.
Obviously IEM has to be able handle cable swap without issues and sounds like this is getting addressed. As far as shell being fragile , I personally have no problem there. Let’s not forget we are talking about niche boutique luxury toy. I recently got my father custom top tier glasses and those won’t be able to take a fall either.
Please , I’m not trying say that product has to be inferior. My point is that some niche boutique products have very specific attributes to them. Ability to take a fall is not always one of them.
But let’s say you took your father‘s glasses Adjusted the ear hooks slightly as you would do on any pair of glasses, and it snapped in half 😅 replacing the cable is a very standard normal thing to do with an iem and should not break in half .. but I get your point :) looking forward to the replacement ravens and seeing if they’re more durable to regular things like changing a cable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back