Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 8, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #37,096 of 40,675
I just heard back from headphones.com and it sounds like they should receive their shipment either today or tomorrow. Based on this, I’d expect them to start shipping out to customers next week.
Yup, I heard from the headphones.com team yesterday that they were expecting to get their shipment today. They told me that if they got them in early enough in the day today they’d ship out same day. That didn’t happen evidently, but fingers crossed they ship tomorrow. Really looking forward to receiving them after the longer than initially anticipated wait and the encouraging impressions from those who have already hear or received theirs!

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #37,097 of 40,675
So my odyssey just came :) will try them over the weekend. Quick take for now. Or question.
They come with silicon tips. My ears itch with silicone tips. Used to have comply foam
Tips or I use the foam tips which came with my sennheiser ie900.

Do you guys have recommendations what I can use?
if normal silicon irritates your ears you should try some medical grade silicon tips.

Spinfits W1 (what i currently use for the Ody), Sednafit Azla Max, Acoustune AEX70 & Spiral Dots++ (AEX70 and Dots++ are made with same material, not sure if they're medical grade tho)

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #37,098 of 40,675
if normal silicon irritates your ears you should try some medical grade silicon tips.

Spinfits W1 (what i currently use for the Ody), Sednafit Azla Max, Acoustune AEX70 & Spiral Dots++ (AEX70 and Dots++ are made with same material, not sure if they're medical grade tho)
I suffer from sensitive ears with certain ear-tips and with my Odins have found the Azla SednaEarfit Max to both sound wonderful and thankfully not irritate. They say they are premium medical silicone if that helps.

Dec 9, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #37,099 of 40,675
Getting a good deep fit & really good seal with CP145s on the Odin. The Stormbreaker is alright. Would I pay US$1.2k for one ? No chance. The monitors though...Immersive. Guitars actually sound like guitars, crunch and all. Low end really solid. Like really solid. I've not found the upper mid thing to be too much. Anything from there up sounds very open, detailed. Accurate.

Edit to add - And that's not to dismiss a bunch of people finding those upper mids too much. I can totally see it, but my earholes seem to have a liking for that sort of thing/music (not volume) where it could be a dealbreaker for some people.

Extra edit to add - Actually, the cable reminds me of the cable above the splitter on my FostexTH500RP until I replaced it. Didn't like it much

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #37,102 of 40,675
Crazy good price. Legend X is a steal there.
Hey Sebastien it’s good seeing you in here! It was a pleasure taking care of your Odins and i'm glad we got them back to you! Hit me anytime you need anything!

ALSO Happy Friday everyone! It’s a pleasure to e-meet you all! My name is Leasah and i'm the customer service rep with Empire Ears. Should you experience any issues with our products please PM or email me at Support@empireears.com and i'll happily look into it! You can also reach me during office hours at 770-945-0065 ext 1007 (M-F, 10am-5pm EST).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #37,103 of 40,675
Hey Sebastien it’s good seeing you in here! It was a pleasure taking care of your Odins and i'm glad we got them back to you! Hit me anytime you need anything!

ALSO Happy Friday everyone! It’s a pleasure to e-meet you all! My name is Leasah and i'm the customer service rep with Empire Ears. Should you experience any issues with our products please PM or email me at Support@empireears.com and i'll happily look into it! You can also reach me during office hours at 770-945-0065 ext 1007 (M-F, 10am-5pm EST).

Hey Leasah, thanx for taking care of my legend x reshelling! Great communication from your side, looking forward to get them back! Cheers

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #37,105 of 40,675
It was my pleasure! Let me know if you need anything else :relaxed:
Hey @Leasahj --long time lurker, infrequent poster with a question for the EE family here. I know EE is located right in the US in Georgia, and handles repairs there. What's the repair process for the Odyssey, given that Astell and Kern is handling distribution? If there are any faulty units or issues, do customers have to ship their IEMs back to Korea, just for Astell and Kern to ship them back to Empire Ears in the US?

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #37,106 of 40,675
Hey @Leasahj --long time lurker, infrequent poster with a question for the EE family here. I know EE is located right in the US in Georgia, and handles repairs there. What's the repair process for the Odyssey, given that Astell and Kern is handling distribution? If there are any faulty units or issues, do customers have to ship their IEMs back to Korea, just for Astell and Kern to ship them back to Empire Ears in the US?
Hey there! Great question! Although it is manufactured by us it is an Astell & Kern product so it’ll need to be processed by them. In the case of US customers it’s possible the US distributor may be handling RMAs to avoid shipping them back to South Korea. Maybe @JasonNYC can chime in on this

Dec 9, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #37,107 of 40,675
Genuine impressions from Odyssey owners: does the cable 100%  need to be upgraded, or is it a nice to have? My only experience with stock cables was the one with the legend evos, so im curious on thoughts here.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #37,108 of 40,675
You would ship them to the nearest Astell&Kern authorized repair center for your region. If you are in the US or Canada, for repairs you would ship them to Astell&Kern's US office in Irvine, CA.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 9, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #37,109 of 40,675
You would ship them to the nearest Astell&Kern authorized repair center for your region. If you are in the US or Canada, for repairs you would ship them to Astell&Kern's US office in Irvine, CA.
Would Astell and Kern actually carry out any of the repairs though? Or would they just eventually ship them to Empire Ears anyway, given that that's where these are constructed (at least as I understand it)?

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #37,110 of 40,675
Would Astell and Kern actually carry out any of the repairs though? Or would they just eventually ship them to Empire Ears anyway, given that that's where these are constructed (at least as I understand it)?
My Rosie was sent to Irvine, then Korea, then J Harvey, then Korea, then Irvine and back to me. Quite a journey but it was handled very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back