Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 10, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #37,127 of 40,731
Thinking about getting lavricable for it. But all the suggestions I’ve seen so far, is to get a good copper cable. Lavricables are silver. Any thoughts on that?

In my experience,
Copper cable is better than silver with odyssey
But hard to find good match even though it's copper cable
(I matched genesis octa, atila, not good, perseus good)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #37,128 of 40,731
In my experience,
Copper cable is better than silver.
But hard to find good match even though it's copper cable
(I matched genesis octa, atila, not good, perseus good)
Thoughts on the Dunu Hulk Pro as a pairing?

Dec 10, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #37,132 of 40,731
I didn't get dunu hulk pro..~~~

I have that cable, but I never use it. It's not very ergonomic. I got it in mmcx, so it has even less utility for me.

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #37,133 of 40,731
I have that cable, but I never use it. It's not very ergonomic. I got it in mmcx, so it has even less utility for me.
The one I ordered is 2 pin. I like the swappable ends, but the price point is obviously much lower than other options people mention, so I don't know if it'd be considered too low grade with the Odyssey? I'm also a little confused as most people here seem to be recommending copper cable, and ares ii is copper, but some others recommended iliad silver cables. Is there a reason copper is preferred here?

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #37,134 of 40,731
The one I ordered is 2 pin. I like the swappable ends, but the price point is obviously much lower than other options people mention, so I don't know if it'd be considered too low grade with the Odyssey? I'm also a little confused as most people here seem to be recommending copper cable, and ares ii is copper, but some others recommended iliad silver cables. Is there a reason copper is preferred here?
I have the First Times Shielding paired with the Odyssey. Provides better control of Odyssey's amazing bass!

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #37,135 of 40,731
Good night.Elderly head Fier..Got my Odyssey here in Dublin (EU) last Friday from Hong Kong dealer.Initially found bass too heavy..So put it on loop on my trusted Robert’s Radio & Lotoo Paw 6000 .Today what a change..These are own personal notes..Excellent detail/soundstage/treble, very comfortable fit ..But ..beware getting tips on laborious task.I personally never swap cables ( my choice) but aware a hot topic on head Fi.I have Oriulus szalayi also superb IEM’S at a fraction of cost but Odyssey another level.Listened to rock/dance/classical/ambient etc all super in my opinion..But you may disagree! John

Dec 11, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #37,137 of 40,731

I think it's OK except aresii stock cable even though ares2 is copper.
Ares2 is too low grade to drive odyssey.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #37,138 of 40,731
I think it's OK except aresii stock cable even though ares2 is copper.
Ares2 is too low grade to drive odyssey.
Bloom Audio actually recommended the Eletech Iliad, which as I understand it is a pure silver cable with gold elements. Seems to be the opposite recommendation of the stock copper, although I don't know enough about cable theory to understand why.

For about the same price, I discovered a Chinese company that makes what's actually a fabric braided 22awg pure silver cable with gold and palladium plating. Wondering if it'd be overkill or if it'd pair well with the Odyssey. There were a couple reviews that said that paired well with the Odin though so it has me wondering.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #37,139 of 40,731
Bloom Audio actually recommended the Eletech Iliad, which as I understand it is a pure silver cable with gold elements. Seems to be the opposite recommendation of the stock copper, although I don't know enough about cable theory to understand why.

For about the same price, I discovered a Chinese company that makes what's actually a fabric braided 22awg pure silver cable with gold and palladium plating. Wondering if it'd be overkill or if it'd pair well with the Odyssey. There were a couple reviews that said that paired well with the Odin though so it has me wondering.
Dean Vang, the man who designed the Odyssey recommends First Times non-shielding. I can confirm that this pairing is glorious.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #37,140 of 40,731
Dean Vang, the man who designed the Odyssey recommends First Times non-shielding. I can confirm that this pairing is glorious.
I see you own the Laura. Have you tried it with the Odyssey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back