Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 9, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #37,112 of 40,731
Yup, I heard from the headphones.com team yesterday that they were expecting to get their shipment today. They told me that if they got them in early enough in the day today they’d ship out same day. That didn’t happen evidently, but fingers crossed they ship tomorrow. Really looking forward to receiving them after the longer than initially anticipated wait and the encouraging impressions from those who have already hear or received theirs!
Got an update on this. It looks like they’ll receive them to ship out to customers around next Wednesday. In the best case scenario, it looks like we’re going to be at least a week away from receiving them.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #37,113 of 40,731
Hey @Leasahj --long time lurker, infrequent poster with a question for the EE family here. I know EE is located right in the US in Georgia, and handles repairs there. What's the repair process for the Odyssey, given that Astell and Kern is handling distribution? If there are any faulty units or issues, do customers have to ship their IEMs back to Korea, just for Astell and Kern to ship them back to Empire Ears in the US?
I am not sure how they would handle the Odyssey, but I have used their repair service in the past. I sent it to California and they shipped it off to Korea and back to me, surprisingly fast.

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #37,114 of 40,731
Would Astell and Kern actually carry out any of the repairs though? Or would they just eventually ship them to Empire Ears anyway, given that that's where these are constructed (at least as I understand it)?
Doubt it. EE is the brainchild of Odyssey. They do the R&D, build them, tune them, produce the packaging and all else. AK is really just a marketing company when they do collabs with IEM manufacturers.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #37,115 of 40,731
Got an update on this. It looks like they’ll receive them to ship out to customers around next Wednesday. In the best case scenario, it looks like we’re going to be at least a week away from receiving them.
Yeah, I got the same update today too. Definitely disappointing (though not headphones.com's fault in any way), particularly when other dealers have been receiving their stock starting last week. The wait continues...

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #37,117 of 40,731
What is the purpose of EE to collaborate with AK if AK is doing nothing? I guess EE will earn more money by selling themselves?
Because it puts EE on the radar of existing AK customers who might not have considered buying an EE product before & vice versa ? Cross-marketing.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #37,118 of 40,731
Genuine impressions from Odyssey owners: does the cable 100%  need to be upgraded, or is it a nice to have? My only experience with stock cables was the one with the legend evos, so im curious on thoughts here.
It depends on whether you believe cable rolling changes sound or if you are just the aesthetics sort. Either way I would recommend cable upgrading.

If not, stock is fine!

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #37,119 of 40,731
What is the purpose of EE to collaborate with AK if AK is doing nothing? I guess EE will earn more money by selling themselves?

Because it puts EE on the radar of existing AK customers who might not have considered buying an EE product before & vice versa ? Cross-marketing.

^ exactly this.

Dec 10, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #37,120 of 40,731
If anyone is interested, I am going to let my 3 day old Bravado Mkii's go for $650. Just not my cup of tea. Woofer like bass, but dark treble, and I prefer a little brighter. Compared to Xenns Up, they have more sub bass and overall oomph (I don't think Xenns Up are particularly bassy, despite their reputation - Variations was much bassier as well), and they can take EQ to get more sparkle at the top, but given that they are similar enough to the Xenns Up, they feel redundant for my collection and the Xenns Up fit my ears slightly better. DM me if interested. I can throw in an extra 4.4 cable for free.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #37,121 of 40,731
Maybe AK will compensate us since they botched the delivery.
Meh. I’d rather have a system where I could just place 30% or so down, and could pull out at any time. Enough that I can show I’m serious, but not enough that out the full price until delivery.

A&K makes mostly DAPs. It’s probably easier to collaborate with IEMs than to try and crack the market on their own.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #37,122 of 40,731
Meh. I’d rather have a system where I could just place 30% or so down, and could pull out at any time. Enough that I can show I’m serious, but not enough that out the full price until delivery.

A&K makes mostly DAPs. It’s probably easier to collaborate with IEMs than to try and crack the market on their own.
Maybe you can cancel if you don't want it?

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #37,124 of 40,731
Nah.
I’m keeping the Ody, just I wish pre order was like a car, laptop etc where I don’t pay the final amount from the retailer until it’s ready to be delivered. Not pay full price and not see my items for months.
I ordered mine and haven't been charged. I won't be charged until it ships. I do understand your point.

Dec 10, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #37,125 of 40,731
Genuine impressions from Odyssey owners: does the cable 100%  need to be upgraded, or is it a nice to have? My only experience with stock cables was the one with the legend evos, so im curious on thoughts here.

Odyssey stock cable,
1000000% must be upgraded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back