Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #37,066 of 40,731
On that note, I'm selling my legend evos:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/empire-ears-legend-evo.37501/

Unfortunately I'm going to likely have to hold off on any IEMs, Odyssey included, for a while. Just signed a contract and am moving into a new place hopefully soon, and moving costs have dashed the hopes I had of being part of the Empire Ears club, at least for the immediate future. Will be following this thread and hoping to live vicariously.

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #37,067 of 40,731
On that note, I'm selling my legend evos:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/empire-ears-legend-evo.37501/

Unfortunately I'm going to likely have to hold off on any IEMs, Odyssey included, for a while. Just signed a contract and am moving into a new place hopefully soon, and moving costs have dashed the hopes I had of being part of the Empire Ears club, at least for the immediate future. Will be following this thread and hoping to live vicariously.
Life events take priority. It's hard to live vicariously in this hobby though.

If you liked the EVO's, find yourself a set of exceptionally priced Legend X for the time being. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised if you give them an extended listen from an appropriate source.

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #37,068 of 40,731
Has anyone's CC been charged yet for the US Odyssey release?
Headphones.com charged me day of preorder. I already paid it off and I don't have them yet. So ridiculous to ship a product made in the US overseas to only ship back to the US again. That is the definition of asinine, especially with shipping rates now.

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #37,069 of 40,731
Headphones.com charged me day of preorder. I already paid it off and I don't have them yet. So ridiculous to ship a product made in the US overseas to only ship back to the US again. That is the definition of asinine, especially with shipping rates now.
Yep. I agree.

Doesn’t sound like an EE decision. When EE has launched any solo flagship it’s always been much more direct and catered to their consumers. Even when they had a shortage that was beyond their control (genesis cable for EVO) they got the IEM to the customer base and sent the cable as soon as possible.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #37,070 of 40,731
Will be taking possession of the Odin in the next week or two. As someone who generally detests memory wire (understatement), can anyone comment on the quality/implementation of the memory wire (because obviously this can vary widely) on the Stormbreaker ? Cheers ears.
I guess I can answer my own question now I have the Odins & Stormbreaker. As far as memory wire goes, it's a pretty good implementation. The ear loops are very soft/flexible & don't take any work to shape to fit over your ears & just kinda drape themselves over your ear.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #37,072 of 40,731
So I had them in my ears for about an hour now.
What can I say... :) can't stop grinning. Hard to explain, but they sound amazing.

Just a question to fellow owners...when they are in my ear and I push on them...so to adjust the fit...pushing them further in.
It goes clack clack sometimes. What's that? but only if I push them in
Very normal for EE IEM’s, it’s the W9+’s flexing

Dec 8, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #37,075 of 40,731
Sell them, and get a cable for Odyssey :).

What source you use with Odyssey?
are you interested in a pair of Sennheisers? :D haha

Uhm..depends. On my desk I have an ifi pro idsd signature.
And then I am swapping in between a Fiio M17 and an AK SP3000

Yeah I heard the stock cable does not live up to the IEM itself...I am debating with myself whether I should get another cable or not. My dealer is sending me ALO reference 8 cable. But the Ode to Laura looks so nice...but so expensive as well

Dec 8, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #37,076 of 40,731
are you interested in a pair of Sennheisers? :D haha

Uhm..depends. On my desk I have an ifi pro idsd signature.
And then I am swapping in between a Fiio M17 and an AK SP3000

Yeah I heard the stock cable does not live up to the IEM itself...I am debating with myself whether I should get another cable or not. My dealer is sending me ALO reference 8 cable. But the Ode to Laura looks so nice...but so expensive as well
Haha, no dude, I'm waiting for my Odyssey! I've got message that delivery will be in early January..

That's really good setup! How you find M17 with Odyssey?

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #37,078 of 40,731
Haha, no dude, I'm waiting for my Odyssey! I've got message that delivery will be in early January..

That's really good setup! How you find M17 with Odyssey?
Good...but then again the ifi pro and the sp3000 are good as well. The difference is very subtle. And if you don't switch them back and forth all the time to compare...they are very similar I would say..some might argue with my opinion :)

I use the M17 mainly around the house...too big for a transportable solution

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #37,079 of 40,731
Good...but then again the ifi pro and the sp3000 are good as well. The difference is very subtle. And if you don't switch them back and forth all the time to compare...they are very similar I would say..some might argue with my opinion :)

I use the M17 mainly around the house...too big for a transportable solution
Wow, thanks man for honest opinion. I appreciate it. I'm asking about M17 because I'm looking for something to pair with Odyssey as well as with my Arya's. Both portable and home use.

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #37,080 of 40,731
Wow, thanks man for honest opinion. I appreciate it. I'm asking about M17 because I'm looking for something to pair with Odyssey as well as with my Arya's. Both portable and home use.
M17 is a gooooood DAP. Build like a tank. Only "downside" Roon samples down, because of the limitation of Android. Not sure what your sources are...ripped cd? tidal stream?
Oh and the M17 gets warm...but other than that, it's a very nice DAP, just a little big :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back