Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #19,876 of 40,675
Hello everyone. I just listened to Legend X, Valkyrie, and Wraith yesterday.
I found Valkyrie as my preference among the three but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I already own CA Andromeda. I really like my Andros, and I know they're both different but I'm trying to justify why I should have both and not be contended with just one since I only have two ears.
My behaviour so far is if I like something new, I get it then sell the old one. From Bose QC35 to CA Comet then Andro. However, this time I really don't like to sell my Andros I find it very special and distinct from Valkyrie.

To anyone having more than one IEMs, how did you convince yourself to buy another pair?

I plan to visit the shop later today in Singapore.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #19,877 of 40,675
To anyone having more than one IEMs, how did you convince yourself to buy another pair?

Thanks!

I like having different sounding IEMs for the purpose of matching them with genres that fit them best. I also like the option to listen to a different tuning based on my mood.

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #19,880 of 40,675
Hello everyone. I just listened to Legend X, Valkyrie, and Wraith yesterday.
I found Valkyrie as my preference among the three but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since I already own CA Andromeda. I really like my Andros, and I know they're both different but I'm trying to justify why I should have both and not be contended with just one since I only have two ears.
My behaviour so far is if I like something new, I get it then sell the old one. From Bose QC35 to CA Comet then Andro. However, this time I really don't like to sell my Andros I find it very special and distinct from Valkyrie.

I plan to visit the shop later today in Singapore.

Thanks!
The Valkyrie is amazing, just got the US Tour kit yesterday and listened through my Legend X, the Valkyrie, and the Wraith and can see reasons to own all three. In the beginning, I only had the Hidition NT6pro CIEMs - then one day it broke....and I had nothing to listen to....worse, I was on my way to RMAF CANJAM to try out some gear. Even worse, sending it back to Korea for repair was going to take months shipping each way and in the shop. That convinced me I needed more than one. However, the differences between them became fascinating and how they changed up my library to make them exciting again. Now I rotate through many to keep my musical excitement high. Not great for the wallet, but so, so much fun. The good news is that the Valkyrie is on the cheaper side of TOTL CIEMs making it a very good value for that level of performance.

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #19,881 of 40,675
If anyone is interested, I just got the Valkyrie and Wraith US Tour Kit and put up a little unboxing video to kick off the tour.

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #19,883 of 40,675
I like having different sounding IEMs for the purpose of matching them with genres that fit them best. I also like the option to listen to a different tuning based on my mood.
Sounds fair. What I liked about the Valkyrie is that the base and rumble is just the right amount for me.

Son?

The Valkyrie is amazing, just got the US Tour kit yesterday and listened through my Legend X, the Valkyrie, and the Wraith and can see reasons to own all three. In the beginning, I only had the Hidition NT6pro CIEMs - then one day it broke....and I had nothing to listen to....worse, I was on my way to RMAF CANJAM to try out some gear. Even worse, sending it back to Korea for repair was going to take months shipping each way and in the shop. That convinced me I needed more than one. However, the differences between them became fascinating and how they changed up my library to make them exciting again. Now I rotate through many to keep my musical excitement high. Not great for the wallet, but so, so much fun. The good news is that the Valkyrie is on the cheaper side of TOTL CIEMs making it a very good value for that level of performance.
I can only imagine the agony of waiting for the package to arrive! Haven't tried any CIEM yet so this could probably my first. Keep the Andro for universal fit then Valkyry for custom. *Insert Here We Go Again meme here*

Sep 29, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #19,884 of 40,675
I have a set of legend x,eh there ok.. i personally enjoy my 64audio fourte more tho. i will be unloading the legendx soon on here.
I also have both X and Fourte. For analytical listening it’s the Fourte. For shear enjoyment it’s the bass of the X. If I had to keep one it would be the Fourte.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #19,887 of 40,675
which tips are u guys using with LX ?
I use the silicone tips that came with my Fourte. They expose all the sound tubes and provide for more of the ciem sig I think.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #19,888 of 40,675
I use the silicone tips that came with my Fourte. They expose all the sound tubes and provide for more of the ciem sig I think.
78F7D799-FB90-4A7E-B29E-293136854D6A.jpeg
201A4A5C-6C04-4208-A131-7A805DB798F6.jpeg
Like this ?

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #19,889 of 40,675
I do want to talk about power sources re: the LX and in general a bit, though... can anybody explain this to me? More power ostensibly just means a higher max volume, so that certainly can't be it. People talk about "dynamics", but I don't understand what that has to do with power. My best guess as to what the relevance of power output is is that amplifier output isn't perfect across the power spectrum—perhaps at levels near the min and max possible by the amp, it's not outputting flatly across the frequency spectrum? Maybe given different impedances across the frequency spectrum (as discussed before, particularly in multi-driver sets), you need to put more power into certain frequency bands, so it's better to have the headroom? I dunno, but I'm interested in knowing.
Check out this article by Crinacle.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #19,890 of 40,675
IMHO dynamics is all about the amplifier section being able to provide short burst of power beyond the continuous power rating. That is what gives an "effortless" drive feeling to certain pairings. i.e. the original Chord TT(1) with it's super caps provides a better pairing with my Utopias than the Hugo 2 providing more body and less fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back