1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. BBGirl

DADDY !

2. singleended5863
    Get more DAPs based on matching well to your taste. :smile_phones:

BBGirl likes this.
  3. Barra
    The Valkyrie is amazing, just got the US Tour kit yesterday and listened through my Legend X, the Valkyrie, and the Wraith and can see reasons to own all three. In the beginning, I only had the Hidition NT6pro CIEMs - then one day it broke....and I had nothing to listen to....worse, I was on my way to RMAF CANJAM to try out some gear. Even worse, sending it back to Korea for repair was going to take months shipping each way and in the shop. That convinced me I needed more than one. However, the differences between them became fascinating and how they changed up my library to make them exciting again. Now I rotate through many to keep my musical excitement high. Not great for the wallet, but so, so much fun. The good news is that the Valkyrie is on the cheaper side of TOTL CIEMs making it a very good value for that level of performance.

4. Barra
    If anyone is interested, I just got the Valkyrie and Wraith US Tour Kit and put up a little unboxing video to kick off the tour.

Deezel177 likes this.
  5. BBGirl
    oh so pretty !

6. dlegendkiller
    Sounds fair. What I liked about the Valkyrie is that the base and rumble is just the right amount for me.

Son?

I can only imagine the agony of waiting for the package to arrive! Haven't tried any CIEM yet so this could probably my first. Keep the Andro for universal fit then Valkyry for custom. *Insert Here We Go Again meme here*

7. Progisus
    I also have both X and Fourte. For analytical listening it’s the Fourte. For shear enjoyment it’s the bass of the X. If I had to keep one it would be the Fourte.

8. BBGirl
    I agree 100%

9. cr3ativ3
    which tips are u guys using with LX ?

10. Progisus
    I use the silicone tips that came with my Fourte. They expose all the sound tubes and provide for more of the ciem sig I think.

11. cr3ativ3
    78F7D799-FB90-4A7E-B29E-293136854D6A.jpeg 201A4A5C-6C04-4208-A131-7A805DB798F6.jpeg Like this ?

Progisus likes this.
  12. CANiSLAYu
    Check out this article by Crinacle.

13. Progisus
    IMHO dynamics is all about the amplifier section being able to provide short burst of power beyond the continuous power rating. That is what gives an "effortless" drive feeling to certain pairings. i.e. the original Chord TT(1) with it's super caps provides a better pairing with my Utopias than the Hugo 2 providing more body and less fatigue.

14. mr.karmalicious
    Yeah, just saw that this morning—how timely. The article basically says everything I already thought, no more, no less...

CANiSLAYu likes this.
  15. cr3ativ3
    you can check it yourself... listen from your phone after that from a decent source .... with a good amp .. and tell me you hear no difference :D