1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. singleended5863
    Tempting!

Just go to the payment page it will show $250 off but they add ~$60 tax. So the final price $808 and some cents with free shipping 5-10 days.

proedros and mwhals like this.
  2. olddude
    The XR was $2400 list. The XlV, which is the Drop version, was $1900. $750 and tax? All you need is a better cable and Bob's your uncle wearing TOTL IEMs.

mr.karmalicious and proedros like this.
  3. singleended5863
    I know and got the Ares II 4wire and 8wire. :yum:

4. CANiSLAYu
    As other's have said, just head to drop.com and add it to your cart and the discount should apply.
    Capture.JPG
    If it doesn't work for you, it might be targeted by account. Super tempted at that price for brand new, but as a basshead I'm afraid I won't like it.

Aslshark, Wes S and proedros like this.
  5. baiyy1986
    Hey guys, just want to ask:
    Is the massdrop zues still have hiss like zues-R?
    Any difference between XIV and R?
    I have R but 750 is so temping! :)

6. proedros
    I have XR , there is a sonic difference as R is the more 'flat' signature and is also a bit 'back' in your head (so maybe bigger sound stage?) while XIV brings the mids closer upfront and the lows gets a tad more , while making the sound stage a bit smaller

i use both signatures , depending on the music i am hearing , if i had to choose one i would probably pick XIV as it feels more musical

those of you who will get XIV for just 800$ , lucky buggers

Aslshark and baiyy1986 like this.
  7. baiyy1986
    upload_2019-10-1_11-21-20.png
    Well, one thing great about living in a small town :)
    No Tax lol

proedros likes this.
  8. davidcotton
    My right ear to accept iems like other people :frowning2: :p

9. 8481
    Looks targeted unfortunately, no discount for me :frowning2:

10. Layman1
    Hey there, I can't remember your IEM history, but have you tried the Legend X?

Also, if I remember correctly, did you have (and sell) a Nemesis a while back?
    Can't remember if that was you, but I do remember I was *this* close to buying it!

But I needed to listen to the whole X-series line up at CanJam first, as I'd never actually heard any of them.
    After doing so, I settled on the Nemesis, as I was looking for maximum bass impact with that particular purchase.

But if it *was* you who had the Nemesis, can you tell me what you liked and disliked about it? It would be interesting to know!

And if Nemesis was too bass-heavy and Valkyrie too bass-light, then I think Legend X does fit exactly in between those two (bass-wise) and could be ideal for you? :)

11. baiyy1986
    Have you clicked buy, then you can see your discount

12. olddude
    Email Drop and ask.

13. olddude
    Also, Zeus hisses with some but not all DAPs. Perfectly fine with my SP1000, but everyone has said it does his with a LPG. And mostly just between songs.

14. singleended5863
    Anyone owns DX220 and N6ii that are using with Zeus XIV? Any hisses? Thanks.

15. duaned

Yes I have tried the Legend X, and I agree that is my type of sound signature. I did have the Nemesis but in the end I sold them due to the unusual treble peak that annoyed me, however I believe a different DAP (lower impedence) does settle this down a bit. I'm enjoying the Bravado now, and the Legend X would be my ideal IEM but I cannot justify $3499 AUD on a pair of IEM's. That's just plain ridiculous to pay that in my opinion.

Layman1 and davidcotton like this.