1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. mr.karmalicious
    a little silver?

upload_2019-10-2_0-56-9.png

upload_2019-10-2_0-56-41.png

2. Giullian
    Pure Silver 8w? how did it go? I was thinking about a hybrid.

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  3. duaned
    They look amazing!

4. 8481
    Yup I did, I’ll drop them an email today to ask

5. mr.karmalicious
    yeah 8 wire silver. The LX socket is pretty tight with the EA cables—I'm not worried, but don't wanna just swap cables back and forth a ton. That said... I feel like (brace yourselves) this cable sounded different than my previous one. It could be due to the oxidation, it could be placebo, but... ugh. If I had like a little "go between" that I could plug in for easy cable swapping, I would do it, but as is I feel bad saying I heard any difference without testing (let alone serious testing), but wanted to put it out there. :shrug:

6. cr3ativ3
    what cable is that ? looks great :) nice that you hear the difference :)

7. mr.karmalicious
    Gu.Craftsman 6n silver, here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32982536849.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.3cee7895F0POKE

edit: while i'm at it, I razored out some of the foam in my Aegis case—I love the look, it's absolutely bulletproof, and it slots into a pocket in my backpack like it was custom made for it. But, people are right—at least for those of us with bigger ears, it's not tall enough. Clearing out some of the foam allows a little more orientational freedom and alleviates that somewhat.

upload_2019-10-2_13-44-34.png

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    danniao and Rozeqloud like this.
  8. Giullian
    Fair enough. Let's just pretend we are non believers and comment on the look. It looks great with your abalone's.

9. cr3ativ3
    it looks really great :) i noticed a difference from ares 2 - > thor silver 2 :) am i a believer ? :D or do i just trust my ears ? :D

10. Giullian
    I would like a cable that keeps straight after unrolling. just that...is that too much? :frowning2:

11. Rozeqloud
    It def. squishes down on them,the ears leave impressions on top of case

At risk of sounding ni picky,why was this not better thought out by EE? 1 case for all their iEMS,when they vary so much in size

But my LX sound amazing

12. Giullian
    Heads up to the ones on the fence about getting a Custom or not....be careful, doing it you won't want to use Universals anymore. :)

Just got a QDC Anole VX, but keep going back to my LX.

13. mr.karmalicious
    I guess that's part of why they made the new one :). It's probably secure enough, but it's not really smaller in a practical way, I don't like the total freefloating-ness of everything in there, and I don't like the little bit of exposed metal. In retrospect... perfect case design is pretty hard.

Rozeqloud likes this.
  14. Rozeqloud
    Indeed i dont like the free floating either,thats why i liked the case whick kept the ears divided

im still looking to rig something myself, maybe with soft foam and a big enough glasses case

15. 1Q84
    Please update me on these, am also interested with the zeus x drop. Thanks!

So do you like Gu craftsman better than the EA cables?