Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 1, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #19,906 of 40,360
That's what you heard. Just head to drop.com

well i already have a custom Zeus XR so i am covered , but for those looking for a neutral-ish beast of imaging/transparency - at that price this is a 'get my money' 100% thing

wow. just wow.

Oct 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #19,908 of 40,360
For a grand it's a really good deal. For $750 it's a what are you waiting for?

Tempting!

When I go to drop.com, it still shows as $1,000. Maybe there is a coupon code to get it for $250 off?

Just go to the payment page it will show $250 off but they add ~$60 tax. So the final price $808 and some cents with free shipping 5-10 days.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #19,911 of 40,360
As other's have said, just head to drop.com and add it to your cart and the discount should apply.
Capture.JPG
If it doesn't work for you, it might be targeted by account. Super tempted at that price for brand new, but as a basshead I'm afraid I won't like it.

Oct 1, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #19,913 of 40,360
Hey guys, just want to ask:
Is the massdrop zues still have hiss like zues-R?
Any difference between XIV and R?
I have R but 750 is so temping! :)

I have XR , there is a sonic difference as R is the more 'flat' signature and is also a bit 'back' in your head (so maybe bigger sound stage?) while XIV brings the mids closer upfront and the lows gets a tad more , while making the sound stage a bit smaller

i use both signatures , depending on the music i am hearing , if i had to choose one i would probably pick XIV as it feels more musical

those of you who will get XIV for just 800$ , lucky buggers

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #19,917 of 40,360
I ended up returning the Valkyrie. It just didn't have the impact I was hoping for, and combined with a lot of treble became a turn-off to me.

Hey there, I can't remember your IEM history, but have you tried the Legend X?

Also, if I remember correctly, did you have (and sell) a Nemesis a while back?
Can't remember if that was you, but I do remember I was *this* close to buying it!

But I needed to listen to the whole X-series line up at CanJam first, as I'd never actually heard any of them.
After doing so, I settled on the Nemesis, as I was looking for maximum bass impact with that particular purchase.

But if it *was* you who had the Nemesis, can you tell me what you liked and disliked about it? It would be interesting to know!

And if Nemesis was too bass-heavy and Valkyrie too bass-light, then I think Legend X does fit exactly in between those two (bass-wise) and could be ideal for you? :)

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #19,920 of 40,360
Also, Zeus hisses with some but not all DAPs. Perfectly fine with my SP1000, but everyone has said it does his with a LPG. And mostly just between songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back