Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 12, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #14,147 of 40,560
I’m still within the refit period so they will do it for me free.. but the filter issue I’m not sure how much it gonna cost..

yea, just wondering what about the fit you didn't like? I'm actually quite worried for my own order since i ordered both on a set of impressions. Haven't done CIEMs for bout 5 years already, and since i have small ears, not sure how it would turn out

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #14,148 of 40,560
Initially, I thought that my left side wasn’t big enough to get the seal as easy as my right for about 2 weeks. Then I learned to push the iem like you said whilst pulling down and sides and top. It becomes the right side can go further in and get a deep seal. Now the same technique doesn’t work on my right because the iem is slightly bigger and my ear hole does not allow it to go in further. So now it’s my right side that keeps need to adjust =.=

So at times I get seriously confused whether the iem is perfect fit or not.

Also, if the filter pushed backwards will the sound become brighter? Or it’s just my brain doing the trick thinking must be something wrong since I pushed it.. probably 1-1/2 mm in

If you’re still within the refit period, then everything will pretty much be complimentary. Give Euphoria a visit and have Eric help you see whether or not the IEM is seated correctly. If not, he can send them back to EE instantly. Since the IEMs will be reshelled anyway, I’m sure EE will be able to fix the filter issue in the middle of the reshell process. It shouldn’t cost you anything. It’s very possible that any minute difference you hear is placebo effect. If you can forget the difference after some time, then it’s most likely fine.

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #14,149 of 40,560
If you’re still within the refit period, then everything will pretty much be complimentary. Give Euphoria a visit and have Eric help you see whether or not the IEM is seated correctly. If not, he can send them back to EE instantly. Since the IEMs will be reshelled anyway, I’m sure EE will be able to fix the filter issue in the middle of the reshell process. It shouldn’t cost you anything. It’s very possible that any minute difference you hear is placebo effect. If you can forget the difference after some time, then it’s most likely fine.

Thanks for the advice!

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #14,150 of 40,560
Thanks for the advice!
stop listening to it and try again after a couple of days and see if you still like it. End of the day if you still like it its fine. Else its also worth to send it back to get it fix be it placebo or not, a peace of mind is worth the wait

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #14,151 of 40,560
Legend X is as worthy to me as this birthday gift I received 2 years ago, a signed depeche mode cd by Martin Gore which is the pic of my user name avatar here, It was on one of the humanitarian meetings we work together. Martin is very much involved in Humanitarian work .

The guy besides Martin is a business colleague of mine where I challenged him to get me this as a birthday gift. He succeeded :)

InkedMartinGore (1)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #14,152 of 40,560
stop listening to it and try again after a couple of days and see if you still like it. End of the day if you still like it its fine. Else its also worth to send it back to get it fix be it placebo or not, a peace of mind is worth the wait

Okay I’ll try this too thanks for the advice!

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #14,153 of 40,560
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #14,154 of 40,560
@Deezel177 , any advice on using this Jodi I just got? I don't want to ruin my Phantoms, trying to keep them in tip top shape, lol...thanks.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #14,155 of 40,560
there is but i have not seen audiophiles here go for customs iems, and also the iem market here is so small and we only have the big brands like sennheisers and the cheapo ones in stores, just recently we have campfire audio into our country and jhaudio by order

what is detering me more is that the mold would not be perfect and that i have to go through headache with customs officials and the possibility to be taxed again

Have a chat with them either in person or on the phone. Take in the instructions printed on the Empire Ears website or show them videos on youtube and ask if that is something that they would consider doing? From my personal experience the two main differences in hearing aid impressions and ciem impressions are a)the depth of the insertion (steady) and b)having the tragus part covered for the socket placement.

Don't do impressions yourself unless very very confident, just not worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #14,156 of 40,560
@Deezel177 , any advice on using this Jodi I just got? I don't want to ruin my Phantoms, trying to keep them in tip top shape, lol...thanks.

All I’d advise is to not go too deep - any wax or debris should (unless it was pushed in there intentionally) only exist near the surface of the bore/tips - and do not use too much force when pushing the needle down the tubes/bore. You might puncture the sound tube(s) or damage the bore if you do so.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #14,157 of 40,560
the stock cable is Ares II and not II+. my mistake.

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #14,158 of 40,560
Eric, I'm in need of a 26 y.o. with balanced C-cup female to single 33 y.o. male adapter. For recreational use mostly. Could you help a brother out? For a friend of course.

Wrong thread but Nic is here. Nic, I’m sure we can all help you out when you come back to the US.

All I’d advise is to not go too deep - any wax or debris should (unless it was pushed in there intentionally) only exist near the surface of the bore/tips - and do not use too much force when pushing the needle down the tubes/bore. You might puncture the sound tube(s) or damage the bore if you do so.

Thanks so much. I’m going to practice on my Savants first lol.

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #14,159 of 40,560
Legend X is as worthy to me as this birthday gift I received 2 years ago, a signed depeche mode cd by Martin Gore which is the pic of my user name avatar here, It was on one of the humanitarian meetings we work together. Martin is very much involved in Humanitarian work .

The guy besides Martin is a business colleague of mine where I challenged him to get me this as a birthday gift. He succeeded :)

Here's one from SOTU times to compliment yoursFB_IMG_1528825358729.jpg

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #14,160 of 40,560
I have 5 customs and use non of it due to fit related sound or comfort issues so id never go down that route especially that my last 4,5 unis are semi custom fit just like the LX, absolutely zero issues.

I have just ordered the double spinfits following @Sound Eq posts.
I find the large Finals are great for me and deepest bass, Spiral dots are actually good, but no point, bit less bass, tried some Sony, not sure what they are called, the latest filled on inside ones, fine too, but again Finals are top sound and never ever discomfort. Spent £20 on 2 sizes of the cp240 but not sure itll work for me, double ones or triples have never given me a good fit or sound tho these do look different

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back