Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #14,116 of 40,559
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #14,117 of 40,559
May I ask you a question, today I was vacuum/cleaning my ciem, I accidentally “poke” a little further than I should. Probably also moved a little backwards of the “sponge” thing inside the sound bore. May I know does it effect the sound?

https://imgur.com/a/fVQ4EnX

what did you use to clean it ?

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #14,118 of 40,559
Now after 2 days of excessive tip rolling and testing i still find the twin blade spinfits (red) sounding best with the LX. No doubt......but after 2 hours they really feel like an enormous pain in the ass. Man....they scratch and pinch....like a too large cork at a place where it definitely shouldn't be. After 2 hours i don't give a crap on good sounding music. I just feel the urgent need to pull these things out and put the small finger as deep as possible into my ear canal. A dilemma.

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #14,119 of 40,559
Now after 2 days of excessive tip rolling and testing i still find the twin blade spinfits (red) sounding best with the LX. No doubt......but after 2 hours they really feel like an enormous pain in the ass. Man....they scratch and pinch....like a too large cork at a place where it definitely shouldn't be. After 2 hours i don't give a **** on good sounding music. I just feel the urgent need to pull these things out and put the small finger as deep as possible into my ear canal. A dilemma.

Go custom.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #14,120 of 40,559
Now after 2 days of excessive tip rolling and testing i still find the twin blade spinfits (red) sounding best with the LX. No doubt......but after 2 hours they really feel like an enormous pain in the ass. Man....they scratch and pinch....like a too large cork at a place where it definitely shouldn't be. After 2 hours i don't give a **** on good sounding music. I just feel the urgent need to pull these things out and put the small finger as deep as possible into my ear canal. A dilemma.

Sell them and go custom :p

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14,122 of 40,559
I spent some time tip rolling this weekend as well and came back to the small size Final Audio E tips. They give a better seal than the double flange spinfits for me. With the spinfits, I find the sound is inconsistent as they don't isolate the same way each time, especially if you're moving around. You can test this by pulling your ears slightly outward after inserting the tips in your ears. The sound opens up and sounds better while holding my ears in that position than when the spinfits are inserted normally without touching my ears. With the Final Audio tips, this doesn't occur and they sound consistent each time regardless of ear movement.

I think with Final Audio, people may be using tips a size too big for their ears. The mediums also fit me but when I switched to the small, there was a slight veil lifted in the sound and they isolated just as good. You could even argue the SS will sound the best if your ears can hold them.

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #14,124 of 40,559
I spent some time tip rolling this weekend as well and came back to the small size Final Audio E tips. They give a better seal than the double flange spinfits for me. With the spinfits, I find the sound is inconsistent as they don't isolate the same way each time, especially if you're moving around. You can test this by pulling your ears slightly outward after inserting the tips in your ears. The sound opens up and sounds better while holding my ears in that position than when the spinfits are inserted normally without touching my ears. With the Final Audio tips, this doesn't occur and they sound consistent each time regardless of ear movement.

I think with Final Audio, people may be using tips a size too big for their ears. The mediums also fit me but when I switched to the small, there was a slight veil lifted in the sound and they isolated just as good. You could even argue the SS will sound the best if your ears can hold them.

it just sucks that with all the advanced tech in sound with iems we have only one solution in regards to overcome the issue of dam tips seal and comfort which is to go custom, and for me who lives overseas custom molds are not an option to nail by our audiologists

the guy who made the adel module who vanished into thin air had a great concept for inflated tips, but i do not know if his concept will ever come to light, all i see him jumping from company to company with his adel module

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #14,125 of 40,559
it just sucks that with all the advanced tech in sound with iems we have only one solution in regards to overcome the issue of dam tips seal and comfort which is to go custom, and for me who lives overseas custom molds are not an option to nail by our audiologists

the guy who made the adel module who vanished into thin air had a great concept for inflated tips, but i do not know if his concept will ever come to light, all i see him jumping from company to company with his adel module

Adel is definitely a joke.

Have you tried custom tips? Customart , ambient acoustics, perfect seal are a few that offer custom tips

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #14,126 of 40,559

Have you tried custom tips? Customart , ambient acoustics, perfect seal are a few that offer custom tips
as i mentioned where i live i simply can't guarantee making custom molds for my ear let alone custom tips

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #14,127 of 40,559
as i mentioned where i live i simply can't guarantee making custom molds for my ear let alone custom tips

No audiologist?? If your ballsy enough you can order your own ear impressions mold solution and ask friend/family to perform it on you..... After some basic goofling and you tubing you guys can self educate enough to give it a shot.

Where ever you live .. I'm sure you have a postal service of sorts. And with that you can reach any corner of this earth.

I guess it depends on your level of determination

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #14,128 of 40,559
No audiologist?? If your ballsy enough you can order your own ear impressions mold solution and ask friend/family to perform it on you..... After some basic goofling and you tubing you guys can self educate enough to give it a shot.

Where ever you live .. I'm sure you have a postal service of sorts. And with that you can reach any corner of this earth.

its not that bad were i live :)

its just when i read about custom iems issue with fitting and the front and back to perfect it i just backout from the idea

i live in jerusalem people are busy debating to whom it belongs to :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #14,129 of 40,559

forget the adel i was interested in his inflated tips concept and not the adel module

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #14,130 of 40,559
u should see my ingenious self made custom tips i made for my ibasso it03 which drove that thread nuts :) using molding materials

9481580.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back