Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #14,132 of 40,587
its not that bad were i live :)

its just when i read about custom iems issue with fitting and the front and back to perfect it i just backout from the idea

i live in jerusalem people are busy debating to whom it belongs to :)

There’s such thing called perfect fit for custom? My phantom in my opinion i felt is not perfect fit. The guy that made the impression told me there’s no perfect fit as long as it doesn’t hurt. I’m not sure as this is my first custom. Some times fits okay some times keep adjusting to get the seal

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #14,133 of 40,587
That's actually cool, give me better pictures and angles, genuinely interested

i have made many custom tips for almost all different silicone tips, using molding material.

it took many trials, I trashed them all due to looks, so i do not have old pics other than this i posted in ibasso thread

I also did molds without silicone just using molding material and the fit was good but dam ugly

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #14,134 of 40,587
I using jodi vac

since i am waiting one for my Zeus XR , was this filter thing a mistake from your mis-use ?

or is it the jodi vac's fault , and i should be worried about using it ?

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #14,135 of 40,587
I can't believe Jerusalem doesn't have an audiologist

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #14,136 of 40,587
I can't believe Jerusalem doesn't have an audiologist

there is but i have not seen audiophiles here go for customs iems, and also the iem market here is so small and we only have the big brands like sennheisers and the cheapo ones in stores, just recently we have campfire audio into our country and jhaudio by order

what is detering me more is that the mold would not be perfect and that i have to go through headache with customs officials and the possibility to be taxed again

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #14,137 of 40,587
since i am waiting one for my Zeus XR , was this filter thing a mistake from your mis-use ?

I have one for my Zeus. Just don't jam it in there. Any more than you would jam a Q-tip into your ear.

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #14,138 of 40,587

There’s 1 of the hole is opening is slightly smaller than the vacuum needle so I trying to push it in and the moment the needle goes in too fast I didn’t control the needle enough and it hit the filter thing. I’m. It sure either how far the filter moved. I’m listening now seems the sound is still okay.. but I’m worry as **** as this iem is not cheap

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #14,139 of 40,587
There’s 1 of the hole is opening is slightly smaller than the vacuum needle so I trying to push it in and the moment the needle goes in too fast I didn’t control the needle enough and it hit the filter thing. I’m. It sure either how far the filter moved. I’m listening now seems the sound is still okay.. but I’m worry as **** as this iem is not cheap

If sound is still the same then I think it’s ok. Plus we’re in singapore so shipping takes a while

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #14,140 of 40,587
Now after 2 days of excessive tip rolling and testing i still find the twin blade spinfits (red) sounding best with the LX. No doubt......but after 2 hours they really feel like an enormous pain in the ass. Man....they scratch and pinch....like a too large cork at a place where it definitely shouldn't be. After 2 hours i don't give a **** on good sounding music. I just feel the urgent need to pull these things out and put the small finger as deep as possible into my ear canal. A dilemma.

cp-240 is smoler and goes in deeper, the bore is roughly the same size.

247A6850-E9ED-4E0E-84E0-37F0525F7E01.jpeg

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #14,141 of 40,587
There’s such thing called perfect fit for custom? My phantom in my opinion i felt is not perfect fit. The guy that made the impression told me there’s no perfect fit as long as it doesn’t hurt. I’m not sure as this is my first custom. Some times fits okay some times keep adjusting to get the seal

A perfect fit IMO should mean a full, comfortable seal - where you get a balanced sound - with no significant leaks into your ear canal. If you have to keep adjusting the seal, it may suggest an imperfect fit. But, if this is your first custom, try pushing it further in whilst pulling down on your ear lobes. Give yourself a couple weeks to adjust to a custom fit. If the issue persists, then you may have to send it back.

In my experience, ear wax should never reach anywhere near the filter unless the wax was pushed in or the filter is right at the opening of the bore. As long as you don't go crazy with it, you'll be absolutely fine. Besides, the Zeus-XR doesn't have any acoustic filters anyway, so go HAM, dude. :D

If it still sounds fine to you, then I wouldn't be too concerned about sending it back. You probably only moved it a bit if you did at all.

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #14,142 of 40,587
A perfect fit IMO should mean a full, comfortable seal - where you get a balanced sound - with no significant leaks into your ear canal. If you have to keep adjusting the seal, it may suggest an imperfect fit. But, if this is your first custom, try pushing it further in whilst pulling down on your ear lobes. Give yourself a couple weeks to adjust to a custom fit. If the issue persists, then you may have to send it back.

Initially, I thought that my left side wasn’t big enough to get the seal as easy as my right for about 2 weeks. Then I learned to push the iem like you said whilst pulling down and sides and top. It becomes the right side can go further in and get a deep seal. Now the same technique doesn’t work on my right because the iem is slightly bigger and my ear hole does not allow it to go in further. So now it’s my right side that keeps need to adjust =.=

So at times I get seriously confused whether the iem is perfect fit or not.

Also, if the filter pushed backwards will the sound become brighter? Or it’s just my brain doing the trick thinking must be something wrong since I pushed it.. probably 1-1/2 mm in

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #14,143 of 40,587
If sound is still the same then I think it’s ok. Plus we’re in singapore so shipping takes a while

I don’t mind if I have to ship back to get check. I will probably get it done at Euphoria Audio since I got my phantom there.. probably also will do a re ear impression. Just hoping the repair doesn’t cost another kidney!

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #14,144 of 40,587
I don’t mind if I have to ship back to get check. I will probably get it done at Euphoria Audio since I got my phantom there.. probably also will do a re ear impression. Just hoping the repair doesn’t cost another kidney!

why new impressions? current fit isn't good? Not sure how much its cost, but i think it won't be cheap

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #14,145 of 40,587
I’m still within the refit period so they will do it for me free.. but the filter issue I’m not sure how much it gonna cost..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back