Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #8,191 of 40,577
Discussion time! What would you guys like to see from us, product wise?
Jack I think something such as the XR, R or XIV, clarity, expanded stage, layering and transparency with sub bass ....

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #8,192 of 40,577
My wish list:

1. Hybrids. All that clarity in the mids and high ranges, and some serious thud in the bass.
2. Your take on a single / dual / whatever driver count all-dynamic driver IEM.
3. (Bear with me here) A closed back hybrid over-ear. Final did it with the Pandora Hope VI, using one BA to sharpen the sound going in to the ear cup. Wonder what 14 BAs would sound like if they were all firing into one enclosure?

Oh, and a hoverboard.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #8,193 of 40,577

New housing material silicone or metal etc to produce better sound and more comfortable. And I would like to see less drivers build that can match the Zeus SQ, custom BA drivers maybe.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #8,195 of 40,577
Body by Jack instructional videos on Blu-ray. Everyone here wants arms like those, even if they lie and say they don't.

From the audio realm? How about an Empire Ears Bluetooth cable with DSP specifically voiced for your line of products?

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #8,196 of 40,577
Similar to what you did with the Zeus. Have 2 tuning options for your next flagship.
- Tuning 'N' for Natural, which would focus on natural timbre and tone. This would have a smooth treble and a touch more low end.
- Tuning 'R' for Reference which would be focusing on Precision. This would be brighter with a more linear treble.
- The switch option so that people who like to have both could choose that.

I know the current XR sounds like what I suggested. But the XIV version still has more treble than what can be considered natural. And in the bass, XIV is tilted towards upper bass. So, a slight drop in upper bass and a few dB addition to the sub-bass would be nice. Also, the presentation could be slightly less forward.

Basically 'N' would have a tuning like how an individual would hear from a flat stere speaker in a living room, which includes the boundary gain from the walls. That is 1dB drop per octave going from 20hz to the 20kHz. And 'R' would be how you would hear from a flat stereo speaker if you were standing front of it in an anechoic chamber.

Just my 2c.
I'll echo this and also get a better handle on the hissing.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #8,197 of 40,577
All the things that are mentioned in the last minute of this song...and the hybrid that already has been mentioned before, as nothing can beat a well tuned DDs lows imo.
Besides that, an extra signature switch (like on the Zeus XR) would always be a welcome bonus on any iem imo. Two signatures in one iem...just gotta love that...brilliant! :thumbsup:

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8,199 of 40,577
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #8,200 of 40,577

I'm easy. Some EE branded headphone amp rubberbands and a smaller round carrying case for our prized IEMs. Other than that Jack just keep up the excellent customer service and create a new flagship that'll blow the competition outta the water! Lol :ksc75smile:

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #8,202 of 40,577
World's first custom fit full sized headphones. Who needs uncomfortable headphone pads? Ear cups molded straight into you ear hole...

Other than that a true wireless, bluetooth Zeus would be awesome. The stuff on the market at the moment is terrible. Not sure how you'd fit anything else into that shell, but that's your problem, not mine :ksc75smile:

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #8,203 of 40,577

Everybody always wants to see a TOTL product but I would like to see something that is more affordable in the mid-tier range - I love my Spartan's and would like to see more innovation in this area (e.g. look what Custom Art have started to do with their FIBAE range, where these have just one and two proprietary drivers at present). Maybe also something that is a hybrid (as mentioned before) with a DD driver(s). More customisation options / different shell materials for universals (metal etc).

It's also very hard to demo the Empire range within the UK (outside of going to canjam) - do you have any plans to pair up with a retailer in the UK where we could demo your ranges ?

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #8,204 of 40,577
An IEM without hiss :ksc75smile:

Absolutely will do! In regards to the other requests (besides the hoverboard and instructional blu-ray vid).......

giphy.gif

Keep them coming though! Great suggestions and ideas so far!

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #8,205 of 40,577

something that would not break the bank but managed to introduce new users to your wonderful IEMs that has something so good that will change their perspective of "expensive earphones" and gave them an unforgettable experience for their ears.

DITA The Answer did this to me before when I first started out the hobby.

I believe in whatever product you make next, will have just as big an impact. :)

hybrid, dynamic, BA, or any new drivers you developed that could change the game like Tia drivers, I would definitely look forward to another pleasant surprise like the last time I experienced Zeus R. :D

EDIT: Also, I want a hoverboard now. One that gives me a pack of Twisties. :3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back