Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #8,206 of 40,357
Continued development of proto h please!!
Less hiss would be nice and more and cheaper collabs with effect audio
Side note:
We want the blu ray!!

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #8,207 of 40,357
In my brief time with the isine20, I really loved the sound. The fit and overall comfort was another story. So I would certainly love to see what you guys could do in the planar field, especially if it were lightweight and small enough for a custom version.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #8,208 of 40,357
IMG_1407.PNG
You really need that gun so that you can shrink full size can and made it into custom :ksc75smile:
In my brief time with the isine20, I really loved the sound. The fit and overall comfort was another story. So I would certainly love to see what you guys could do in the planar field, especially if it were lightweight and small enough for a custom version.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #8,209 of 40,357
In regards to the other requests (besides the hoverboard and instructional blu-ray vid)
We want the blu ray!!
Well, it wasn't about the vid (or blue-ray), but all about the text of that song. Some (imo hilarious) view on excessive consumption behavior and materialism in general. But hey, I'm guilty too :grinning:
And regarding hoverboards...they're just dangerous!
200w.gif

So yeah, probably better to stick to iems indeed :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #8,210 of 40,357
Absolutely will do! In regards to the other requests (besides the hoverboard and instructional blu-ray vid).......

giphy.gif

Keep them coming though! Great suggestions and ideas so far!

Head-Fi sure loves turning off my notifications from the Empire thread :D

Anyways, as far as suggestions are concerned, I'd recommend looking into open BA technology. Although it's now associated to 64Audio with their tia drivers, the tech has been long used by companies like UE and Soranik. I think it would be a great complement to the beautiful midrange of the Zeus and the awesome, visceral bass that the prototypes have displayed.

There's not much else I can suggest, you guys do most things pretty damn well :p Maybe more options for exotic faceplates, but I have a pretty apparent obsession with faceplates, so take from that what you will :wink:

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #8,211 of 40,357
Head-Fi sure loves turning off my notifications from the Empire thread :D

Anyways, as far as suggestions are concerned, I'd recommend looking into open BA technology. Although it's now associated to 64Audio with their tia drivers, the tech has been long used by companies like UE and Soranik. I think it would be a great complement to the beautiful midrange of the Zeus and the awesome, visceral bass that the prototypes have displayed.

There's not much else I can suggest, you guys do most things pretty damn well :p Maybe more options for exotic faceplates, but I have a pretty apparent obsession with faceplates, so take from that what you will :wink:
something like the broken holo finish from lime ears looks nice

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #8,213 of 40,357
Aug 16, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #8,214 of 40,357
Just got my shipping notice from Empire Ears! Fingers crossed this time.

Thanks in advance to Jack and the team.
welcome to the Empire fam :)

I sincerely wish you get a perfect fit and seal #nomoreordeal

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #8,215 of 40,357
speaking of tracking , this is like heaven & hell rolled into one

the agony of not seeing any tracking update for days and the bliss of seeing tracking refreshed and ciems brought one step closer to you

waiting for that elusive US --> Europe tracking update 6 days now , gotta love National Post right :L3000:

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #8,216 of 40,357
Aug 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #8,217 of 40,357
If anyone is interested, just popped some initial impression up on Audio Primate for the Athena - no idea why these don't have more of a buzz on here!

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/08/17/empire-ears-athena-unboxing-and-initial-impressions/

Full review should be done in a few weeks - need to get the Zeus-XR written up first! :wink:
Nice! Sounds like that would indeed fit my preferences (as jack had already advised me) and might have very good synergy with the regular Ares II. It did for my Ei.3, which have quite attenuated treble, but which did not pair well with an SPC because the mids were pushed too far back for my liking. Looking forward to the full review!

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #8,218 of 40,357
speaking of tracking , this is like heaven & hell rolled into one

the agony of not seeing any tracking update for days and the bliss of seeing tracking refreshed and ciems brought one step closer to you

waiting for that elusive US --> Europe tracking update 6 days now , gotta love National Post right :L3000:

Mine has an estimate delivery for Tuesday. One of the few times I'm glad my work place has a block on the internet during non work hours.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #8,219 of 40,357
I got my Zeus XRA from reshell couple weeks ago. The ADEL "chamber" is much much more tighter than the universal I have before (I almost send it back to refit because of that). But thanks for the perfect seal with the ADEL component, the bass is much more kicking and deeper. However, the different when I switch between R and X become very minor.

Zeus.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back