Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #8,161 of 40,629
True dat :grinning:. Personally I don't argue about cables anymore. I just state my position and leave at that.
Yeah, I don't see much sense in arguing about cables either. It all seems far too polarised. All I know is that the difference is blatantly obvious to me even at the lower price range such as the Ares II and I can but dream of ever owning a Leonidas... Thank you very much to the aforementioned Mr. @flinkenick for introducing me to the world of high-end cables. :D
Yall should try talking about cables over at Reddit. Way to get well roasted

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #8,164 of 40,629
Yall should try talking about cables over at Reddit. Way to get well roasted
I'm not going anywhere near that place, I'm done with mindless online arguments. I used to "discuss" science (e.g. evolutionary biology, methodological naturalism) with American Evangelists... :scream: Now I just want to have fun joking around with friends (be it online) and talk about stuff my wife won't let me afford unless I bribe her with puppies. :D

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #8,165 of 40,629
I am going to be very busy for these few weeks...something finally arrived to my house... :D

My_Supra.jpg

So glad to finally join the family officially. =)

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #8,167 of 40,629

Spent some quality time with Spartan yesterday. Such an impressive IEM.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #8,169 of 40,629
When it comes to cables, I have found this video to be the most helpful over the last years.
First time I visited this thread in a long while. Saw an interesting post with link. Clicked..
..Aand, I got Nic-rolled. Again.

Goodbye thread :frowning2: Such a cruel world.

@flinkenick Whence I came. And whither I'm gone. All thanks to ye..

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #8,170 of 40,629
IMG_20170813_171444114.jpg
IMG_20170813_172012074.jpg

My review projects for the next few weeks (to be fair, been writing up the Zeus for weeks already). Life is good. :wink:

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #8,171 of 40,629
I'm not going anywhere near that place, I'm done with mindless online arguments. I used to "discuss" science (e.g. evolutionary biology, methodological naturalism) with American Evangelists... :scream: Now I just want to have fun joking around with friends (be it online) and talk about stuff my wife won't let me afford unless I bribe her with puppies. :D

Yea it's when you become a man/adult that you stop giving a crap about what other people believe or think, I used to get into arguments as well but now I don't have time or desire to care what others think/believe and my life is much better for it.

My review projects for the next few weeks (to be fair, been writing up the Zeus for weeks already). Life is good. :wink:

STUNNING Iems, thank you for the pics. I like the black/white ones, I ordered mine with the abalone as well but I went with blue shells.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #8,172 of 40,629
Yea it's when you become a man/adult that you stop giving a crap about what other people believe or think, I used to get into arguments as well but now I don't have time or desire to care what others think/believe and my life is much better for it.

STUNNING Iems, thank you for the pics. I like the black/white ones, I ordered mine with the abalone as well but I went with blue shells.

Cheers! The black and white swirl are the Zeus-XR, and the Abalone are the Athena. The guys at Empire have done a stand up job on both of them - very happy with the designs. Unfortunately the light in my study at home wasn't the best to show off the Zeus, but glad you liked them.

Getting used to the Athena sound signature now, and it is really growing on me. It's a nice luxury to have the Zeus for more "concentrated" listening and the Athena for the times when you just want something richer and smoother to switch off and relax with.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #8,173 of 40,629
Aug 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #8,174 of 40,629
Oh, it was never about what people believed as such, I have no problem with that. It was more that as a scientist I felt I had an obligation to learn about and understand criticism of science, as well as a responsibility to try and contribute something constructive to the debates. Turned out most people just want to argue and I considered that a waste of time. These days I just focus on my research, lecturing and presenting an open door to anyone interested.

Also, I categorically refuse to become an adult. Why do you think I have Calvin & Hobbes on my IEMs? :D

I agree, btw, those black and white ones look really nice!

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #8,175 of 40,629
Oh, it was never about what people believed as such, I have no problem with that. It was more that as a scientist I felt I had an obligation to learn about and understand criticism of science, as well as a responsibility to try and contribute something constructive to the debates. Turned out most people just want to argue and I considered that a waste of time. These days I just focus on my research, lecturing and presenting an open door to anyone interested.

Also, I categorically refuse to become an adult. Why do you think I have Calvin & Hobbes on my IEMs? :D

I agree, btw, those black and white ones look really nice!

I've often wished someone made a cable splitter for IEMs, imagine you have one two pin going into the IEM, but coming out of that is a splitter with 2 spate 2 pin connections. That way you could just flip a switch and go back and forth between cables. Would make demoing cables much easier and the different much more readily apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back