Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 16, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #31,218 of 40,670
I agree. It feels like it may be at or beyond the level of interest the Odin generated… and they sold over a thousand units to date I believe. EE may be about to have their hands full.
I'm betting the EVO will have far wider appeal, and a far bigger reception, than Odin ever had. Just a hunch.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #31,220 of 40,670
That applies to nearly every IEM in this hobby. Not unique by any means.
I agree! It just feels a bit weird that it got resold in such quantities and after such a short period of time of ownership given the anticipation for them. But nothing wrong with that, I still own my pair and it’s not going anywhere, at least until I listen to the EVO and Traillii.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #31,221 of 40,670
Idk I remember Odin hype was crazyyy leading up to its release. Everyone speculating on driver counts for pages, guessing the sound signature, and even placing fake (presumably) bets. Im speculating that the past year, with COVID and presumably more people home and active in the threads, member engagement has gone up and so has the expectations for summit-fi/TOTL IEM offerings. Meaning, the excitement is there but we’ve been exposed to many big releases so our reward systems are harder to satisfy. (Just my anecdotal take on it).

Also Odin was teased for ages, EVO charged up it’s batting stance and whacked us out of nowhere (in an exciting, surprising way).

I also distinctly remember that we had 69 members at once on this thread (52 at the moment). Random #, yeah I know.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #31,222 of 40,670
Idk I remember Odin hype was crazyyy leading up to its release. Everyone speculating on driver counts for pages, guessing the sound signature, and even placing fake (presumably) bets. Im speculating that the past year, with COVID and presumably more people home and active in the threads, member engagement has gone up and so has the expectations for summit-fi/TOTL IEM offerings. Meaning, the excitement is there but we’ve been exposed to many big releases so our reward systems are harder to satisfy. (Just my anecdotal take on it).

Also Odin was teased for ages, EVO charged up it’s batting stance and whacked us out of nowhere (in an exciting, surprising way).

I also distinctly remember that we had 69 members at once on this thread (52 at the moment). Random #, yeah I know.
I agree. Odin hype was crazy. Then it seems many owners did not care for it after they purchased it.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #31,223 of 40,670

And there was also a lot of shilling from a certain someone… *cough* @CL14715 *cough*… I guess some things never change 😂

I joke, Odin is the bomb and deserves all the hype it got. I’m expecting EVO to be nothing short of incredible. An easy blind buy from me.

In the meantime, Odin will keep me entertained with its new mate DX300 Max. Insane sounding DAP. The new benchmark pair up for Odin from my perspective.

9B6D299F-5083-4B62-AD05-B2A6EF71661C.jpeg

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #31,224 of 40,670

Yea I think that's what caused the hype. Odin was sort of "known" to be in development for a while which piqued a lot of mystery and excitement.

I've known about this damn EVO for a while now dating back to the alpha so I have been hyped lol. It was the first time I actually got to somewhat follow the progress and development of a major IEM release. Knowing now what I learned along the development of this thing... EE put a ridiculous amount of effort into making it. The R&D, engineering, setbacks, subtleties, cable pairing, accessories, etc. quite a pain in the ass to be honest. Then you put that all on top of COVID making things increasingly hard to facilitate and yea... they have some fortitude over at EE. That being said, I think it paid off.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #31,225 of 40,670
And there was also a lot of shilling from a certain someone… *cough* @CL14715 *cough*… I guess some things never change 😂

I joke, Odin is the bomb and deserves all the hype it got. I’m expecting EVO to be nothing short of incredible. An easy blind buy from me.

In the meantime, Odin will keep me entertained with its new mate DX300 Max. Insane sounding DAP. The new benchmark pair up for Odin from my perspective.

Ha! There certainly was, rightfully so too. I still remember listening to Odin at EE HQ and being blown away by it. Looks like you fancy it too, sir.

I've seen a few posts about the DX300 MAX synergy with Odin lately. It must be pretty great.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #31,226 of 40,670
Mulling over a EVO blind buy myself, and I say this as someone who has only ever heard the Valkyrie out of EE's lineup.

My audio buying plans have changed so much the past few months. 45 days ago I would've said it was a slamdunk I'd be getting the Jolene. I've since lost interest.

Then more recently I would've said, "well, maybe the VE EXT." Too much of an unknown for me, relatively speaking.

More lately, I've been really pleased with the IE 900, so started mulling over a new flagship-level DAP in lieu of new transducer, but I simply can't get over biases developed over years of spending on $$$$ battery-powered gear, so nope there too.

I have a kitchen re-model starting next week, and some here will appreciate that is not a cheap proposition, so yet another part of me was like "keep your powder dry, and wait til well into '22."

Then the EVO was announced.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #31,227 of 40,670
Mulling over a EVO blind buy myself, and I say this as someone who has only ever heard the Valkyrie out of EE's lineup.

My audio buying plans have changed so much the past few months. 45 days ago I would've said it was a slamdunk I'd be getting the Jolene. I've since lost interest.

Then more recently I would've said, "well, maybe the VE EXT." Too much of an unknown for me, relatively speaking.

More lately, I've been really pleased with the IE 900, so started mulling over a new flagship-level DAP in lieu of new transducer, but I simply can't get over biases developed over years of spending on $$$$ battery-powered gear, so nope there too.

I have a kitchen re-model starting next week, and some here will appreciate that is not a cheap proposition, so yet another part of me was like "keep your powder dry, and wait til well into '22."

Then the EVO was announced.
Oh yea, kitchens quickly add up to, "lets refinance or take a line of credit out on the house" costs lol.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #31,228 of 40,670

I’m sure the setup below sounds better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:At least till I get my DX300 Max later today. FedEx hurry up!!

EC19611B-3745-41CF-AC08-6D2832316E4D.jpeg

Not looking forward to return the Odins to @SeeSax.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #31,229 of 40,670
I’m sure the setup below sounds better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:At least till I get my DX300 Max later today. FedEx hurry up!!

EC19611B-3745-41CF-AC08-6D2832316E4D.jpeg

Not looking forward to return the Odins to @SeeSax.
You could just keep them… I’m sure @SeeSax won’t mind? 🤭

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #31,230 of 40,670
I own the LX and I did own the Odin for a short time. What I would like is for these two to have a child and call it EVO. From one parent EVO would have a certain warmth, lush precision from the mids and highs, and bass that could destroy a planet. From the other parent it would be able to delve into the layering of the music and pull out the most minuscule detail with absolute perfection and portray it with equal perfection. It will have highs that soar beautifully into the stratosphere, and such control down below that we might yet save that planet. It’s soundstage, just like its pedigree, will be vast, and while listening, our consciousness will get lost in a sea of musical bliss.

…Oh, and I’d like a nice cable as well please!

😀👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back