Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #31,201 of 40,724
I have done an A/B with everything EE offers.

LX is a step up from everything EE offers, besides Odin.

Odin is a hyper resolving, neutral-ish IEM with top performing bass and in no way was made to compete with the LX. Very complementary actually.

As far as the Hero and LX… LX all day.

EVO vs LX…. Uhhh EVO.
So, you are saying, there are 2 buckets -- (1) Odin, and (2) Everything else at EE, and until EVO, LX ruled this one but now it's EVO?

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #31,202 of 40,724
So, you are saying, there are 2 buckets -- (1) Odin, and (2) Everything else at EE, and until EVO, LX ruled this one but now it's EVO?
There are a lot of buckets at EE. It kind of depends on what flavor you’re looking for in order to find the right bucket. So what do you like?

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #31,204 of 40,724
IMG_20210816_214503.jpg

Those who are in search for an upgrade cable for EE Odin or EE Legend X, it is highly recomended to try out the Effect Audio Centurion. For the Odin it slightly taimed the sparkely highs but keeps it detailness and the mids is where the Centurion shines, it makes the vocals more emotional while not loosing out any detail, it is a perfect does of mids. Whereas for the Legend X, its gives a really well controlled bass for the Legend X at the same time adds more mids to the laid back vocals.

Edit: More celebration on pairing with Odin, the Centurion slightly tamed a amount of sparkle of the Odin while not reducing the details. It also smooth out a bit of any sharp edges and gives a very pleasant listening experience overall .

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #31,205 of 40,724
No. EE manages to avoid overlap or redundancy in their line up.

Odin - A leap in a non traditional reference like direction. Amazing bass with instrumental and tonal accuracy and razor sharp resolution. Not extremely wide but great depth.

Valkyrie - V shaped but probably the most refined V shape I’ve heard.

LX - L shaped in standard form but responds more than any other IEM that I’ve ever heard to cables and sources. It’s a chameleon

Hero - V shaped with more forward mids than Valk.

Bravado 2 - Enjoyable fun tuning with powerful bass. There is some mid recession but not enough to throw off the balance. Crazy value to price.

Wraith - Kind of a flop because people underpowered it and crapped on it. In reality when powered properly it sounds amazing but lacks a bit of low end for my tastes.

EVO - the birth child of everyone’s feedback or wishlist about the LX and Odin, fused together. Strikes me as a statement piece from EE to show they respond to everyone’s feedback, good or bad. Top notch sound, Top notch tech, power efficient, amazing cable, 4.4mm termination. Then comes the price which I can’t reveal but yea.. they are sending a message with this one.

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #31,206 of 40,724
IMG_20210816_214503.jpg
Those who are in search for an upgrade cable for EE Odin or EE Legend X, it is highly recomended to try out the Effect Audio Centurion. For the Odin it slightly taimed the sparkely highs but keeps it detailness and the mids is where the Centurion shines, it makes the vocals more emotional while not loosing out any detail, it is a perfect does of mids. Whereas for the Legend X, its gives a really well controlled bass for the Legend X at the same time adds more mids to the laid back vocals.
Thanks for sharing your impressions of the centurion. It’s interesting that the same cable boosts the mids of the LX and makes it a perfect dosage for the already upper mids emphasized Odin. I would think it would also elevate Odin’s upper mids even more which can make it unbearable for some and can also give the perception of shrinking / narrowing the soundstage. There must be some EA magic going on!

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #31,207 of 40,724
Ok forget the EVO, those who can need to try the Odin's with the D300 MAX - tames the Odin entirely while giving it that bird like soundstage and for me much nicer mids and upper mids and emphasising the bass a lot better. I need to listen more, but I think there is much more emotion to the Odin's which I've never experienced with my other sources. To be clear the Bird is also taken up a notch, but the Bird sounds great with anything; however the gap changes to one of preference rather than a huge technical advantage.

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #31,208 of 40,724

Odin - A leap in a non traditional reference like direction. Amazing bass with instrumental and tonal accuracy and razor sharp resolution. Not extremely wide but great depth.

LX - L shaped in standard form but responds more than any other IEM that I’ve ever heard to cables and sources. It’s a chameleon

Bravado 2 - Enjoyable fun tuning with powerful bass. There is some mid recession but not enough to throw off the balance. Crazy value to price.

Wraith - Kind of a flop because people underpowered it and crapped on it. In reality when powered properly it sounds amazing but lacks a bit of low end for my tastes.

EVO - the birth child of everyone’s feedback or wishlist about the LX and Odin, fused together. Strikes me as a statement piece from EE to show they respond to everyone’s feedback, good or bad. Top notch sound, Top notch tech, power efficient, amazing cable, 4.4mm termination. Then comes the price which I can’t reveal but yea.. they are sending a message with this one.
Haven't heard Valkyrie II, but to my ears Hero is the "brightest" of the EE lineup.

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #31,209 of 40,724

Massive anticipation for the EVO is building. I can feel it. :smile:

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #31,211 of 40,724
Aug 16, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #31,212 of 40,724
IMG_20210816_214503.jpg

Edit: More celebration on pairing with Odin, the Centurion slightly tamed a amount of sparkle of the Odin while not reducing the details. It gives a very pleasant listening experience overall .
The Centurion is $3999. The EE Odin is $3399 at full retail. I cannot get over the cognitive dissonance of spending more on a cable than the IEM.

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #31,213 of 40,724
The Centurion is $3999. The EE Odin is $3399 at full retail. I cannot get over the cognitive dissonance of spending more on a cable than the IEM.
You can get a used odin and a LX for price of centurion and still have money left for a lobster dinner! But, i admit i do buy cables for 99% for looks and 1% for SQ. Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back