Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #31,186 of 40,724
So your initial fit issues are resolved and all is good to go now?
Yup - I posted about it 2-3 days after the initial post. I suspect the issue at first was due to aggravating my ear canals during insertion. Following days, with more careful insertion - I had no issues at all.

Open mouth a bit when getting impressions for tighter fit.
Are you supposed to bite "hard" on the mouth piece, or just hold it gently between your teeth? I suspect it would yield quite different molds...
(do not remember what I was instructed to do back then)

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #31,187 of 40,724
Yup - I posted about it 2-3 days after the initial post. I suspect the issue at first was due to aggravating my ear canals during insertion. Following days, with more careful insertion - I had no issues at all.

Are you supposed to bite "hard" on the mouth piece, or just hold it gently between your teeth? I suspect it would yield quite different molds...
You're supposed to just hold it between your teeth. I don't know if biting down hard on it and just holding it would yield different moulds, though. Your jaw muscles would technically be a bit more tense, but it wouldn't change the shape of your ear canal, which is more dependent on simply how open your mouth is. Besides, considering the bite block is usually made of a piece of styrofoam, I doubt biting hard on it without breaking it would be possible to do anyway.

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #31,188 of 40,724

Just normal jaw pressure. Dean had me rest my teeth on a taller foam block after asking fit I wanted. I opted for best sound quality aka tighter musician fit.

I believe a looser fit was the lower height foam block.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #31,189 of 40,724
EE Brothers, and Sisters if you are lurking, having an incredible Saturday afternoon, lawn mowed, kids gone, and wife shopping, and pairing my LX<Eletech Iliad<DX220 MAX<Grateful Dead Live at Bickershaw Festival, Wigan, UK>Having the most incredible transformation, heck, I’d be up doing the “Dead Dance, ” if I didn't have a broken ankle!

@Jack Vang , so looking forward to sharing the EVO with the AudioTiers Gang, plus I'd also love for the EVO to be the first reviewmpublished in thE upcoming launch of the AudioTiers Magazine, a site for members to publish their reviews, interviews with industry leaders, news on new product launches, and links to member reviews published on other sites. We have several fantastic writers who have contributed as AudioTiers has grown, but we are open to adding reviewers to the site. We are looking for both seasoned writers, and those are interested the opportunity to share their wordsmithing skills.

Please drop me a PM, or an email at kheine20@icloud.com if you are interested.

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #31,190 of 40,724
There are other options that the mainstream establishment doesn't want people to know about:

H-C-Q cured my 90+ year old in-laws that were getting hit hard by Covid so I'm a believer.

Please, I love HeadFi and the community, let's not go here, there is enough strife in the “real world, ” let's keep HeadFi, about good sound and fellowship of shared interests.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #31,191 of 40,724
Please, I love HeadFi and the community, let's not go here, theirs enough strife in the “real world, ” let's keep HeadFi, about good sound and fellowship of shared interests.
Lives aren’t important. Deleted.

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #31,192 of 40,724
There are other options that the mainstream establishment doesn't want people to know about:

H-C-Q cured my 90+ year old in-laws that were getting hit hard by Covid so I'm a believer.

Lives aren’t important. Deleted.
I respect your opinion, lives are important, clinical facts are important, the health and welfare of everyone reading this is important, this just isn't the forum for those conversations. Now back to EE!

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #31,193 of 40,724
I respect your opinion, lives are important, clinical facts are important, the health and welfare of everyone reading this is important, this just isn't the forum for those conversations. Now back to EE!
Understood. The vax was being discussed so I thought I would point out that there are alternatives endorsed by hundreds of doctors. I have a friend in the ICU right now with Covid so I’m not one of these quacks that believes it doesn’t exist or is simply the flu. Back to audio discussion.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #31,194 of 40,724
Understood. The vax was being discussed so I thought I would point out that there are alternatives endorsed by hundreds of doctors. I have a friend in the ICU right now with Covid so I’m not one of these quacks that believes it doesn’t exist or is simply the flu. Back to audio discussion.
I would rather pair an Orpheus cable with my BLON 03.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #31,195 of 40,724
Man you are stirring up some great concert memories, a buddy of mine who was trying to get me to play polio, so a couple big guys (I played linebacker for Arizona) saw Stevie Ray and Double Trouble with the Fabulous T-Birds at a little Holiday Ballroom in Odessa, TX. He and I stood three feet from Stevie, and he couldn't see over us, so he asked if we could move a couple steps to the side, so he could see the girls dancing!

you just reminded me of another one by mentioning count Bassie.

Jackie Wilson covered stevie wonder’s “I was Made To Love Her” with Count Bassie’s orchestra. The bass drives the whole song. Excellent stuff.

also count bassie with ray charles- standout track would be “Busted.”

back in 2012 I bought my first hifi setup- a cheap Fiio amp/DAC and some HiFiMan He300’s. “Busted” was the first track I ever heard that made me tell people around me “you need to hear this.”

cheers!

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #31,197 of 40,724
Has anyone A/B Hero and LX? I’m trying to finalize on whether I should get EVO or not as my endgame. I live in a rural area where it’s hard to demo stuff and was wondering if LX is really a step-up from hero.

Thanks!
I have done an A/B with everything EE offers.

LX is a step up from everything EE offers, besides Odin.

Odin is a hyper resolving, neutral-ish IEM with top performing bass and in no way was made to compete with the LX. Very complementary actually.

As far as the Hero and LX… LX all day.

EVO vs LX…. Uhhh EVO.

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #31,198 of 40,724
I have done an A/B with everything EE offers.

LX is a step up from everything EE offers, besides Odin.

Odin is a hyper resolving, neutral-ish IEM with top performing bass and in no way was made to compete with the LX. Very complementary actually.

As far as the Hero and LX… LX all day.

EVO vs LX…. Uhhh EVO.
Can’t wait for a blind buy. I need EVO NOW

Kinda figured LX would be a step up in any aspect but I’ve been hearing some people call Hero LX Jr. so was just wondering :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #31,199 of 40,724
Can’t wait for a blind buy. I need EVO NOW

Kinda figured LX would be a step up in any aspect but I’ve been hearing some people call Hero LX Jr. so was just wondering :)
Hero is Valkyrie-ish while not as smooth. That being said I prefer the Hero to the Valkyrie.

Regarding the LX and being a Jr to it… I don’t believe so. Very different level of capabilities and refinement. Just wait for EVO if you’re that torn.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #31,200 of 40,724
Hero is Valkyrie-ish while not as smooth. That being said I prefer the Hero to the Valkyrie.

Regarding the LX and being a Jr to it… I don’t believe so. Very different level of capabilities and refinement. Just wait for EVO if you’re that torn.
Well regarding technical capabilities yeah LX seems like it’s on different level compared to other iems in X series.

I think EVO can be an endgame for me. Thanks for the input :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back