Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 16, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #31,231 of 40,671
I’m sure the setup below sounds better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:At least till I get my DX300 Max later today. FedEx hurry up!!

EC19611B-3745-41CF-AC08-6D2832316E4D.jpeg

Not looking forward to return the Odins to @SeeSax.

1629161286215.gif

Aug 16, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #31,232 of 40,671
I own the LX and I did own the Odin for a short time. What I would like is for these two to have a child and call it EVO. From one parent EVO would have a certain warmth, lush precision from the mids and highs, and bass that could destroy a planet. From the other parent it would be able to delve into the layering of the music and pull out the most minuscule detail with absolute perfection and portray it with equal perfection. It will have highs that soar beautifully into the stratosphere, and such control down below that we might yet save that planet. It’s soundstage, just like its pedigree, will be vast, and while listening, our consciousness will get lost in a sea of musical bliss.

…Oh, and I’d like a nice cable as well please!

😀👍
You didn’t see the cable they are including?

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #31,233 of 40,671
Aug 16, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #31,235 of 40,671
Edit: More celebration on pairing with Odin, the Centurion slightly tamed a amount of sparkle of the Odin while not reducing the details. It also smooth out a bit of any sharp edges and gives a very pleasant listening experience overall .
The Odin doesn't exactly have a lot of sparkle to begin with and spending $4k to tame it, seems silly. Easily $6K saved to put towards something else.

EVO - the birth child of everyone’s feedback or wishlist about the LX and Odin, fused together. Strikes me as a statement piece from EE to show they respond to everyone’s feedback, good or bad. Top notch sound, Top notch tech, power efficient, amazing cable, 4.4mm termination. Then comes the price which I can’t reveal but yea.. they are sending a message with this one.
I'll wait to hear it myself. My wishlist to the LX would essentially be the Odin which takes aways from why people like the LX so much to begin with. I would think that a LX successor would be just "LX but better" rather than anything from the Odin with how different it sounds from the X line. It's interesting how Odin has not been positioned as either of the X or EP series.

I'm betting the EVO will have far wider appeal, and a far bigger reception, than Odin ever had. Just a hunch.
I agree. Odin hype was crazy. Then it seems many owners did not care for it after they purchased it.
I think the dual DD setup that was known about the Odin really drove up expectations that it would take after the LX in some degree. It turned out to not meet the expectations of the HF audience at least, hence the amount going in the classifieds here.

Evo seems to be positioned much closer than the Odin to HF tastes.

You could just keep them… I’m sure @SeeSax won’t mind? 🤭
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Collin didn't notice for a while

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #31,236 of 40,671
I'll wait to hear it myself. My wishlist to the LX would essentially be the Odin which takes aways from why people like the LX so much to begin with. I would think that a LX successor would be just "LX but better" rather than anything from the Odin with how different it sounds from the X line. It's interesting how Odin has not been positioned as either of the X or EP series.
As you should. I am not saying it sounds anything like the Odin.

It'll make sense once you hear it.

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #31,237 of 40,671
As you should. I am not saying it sounds anything like the Odin.

It'll make sense once you hear it.
Definitely waiting to hear it rather than make any decisions ahead of time.

Context-wise, what I always desired from the LX was more control in the bass. But inversely the level of control that I want would take away from the most integral part of the LX's character. At that point it would just be Odin for me.

I'm sure I'll find something to like about it even if I don't like the overall sound. Can't have my Empire fanboy status revoked.

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #31,238 of 40,671

Context-wise, what I always desired from the LX was more control in the bass. But inversely the level of control that I want would take away from the most integral part of the LX's character. At that point it would just be Odin for me.

I'm sure I'll find something to like about it even if I don't like the overall sound. Can't have my Empire fanboy status revoked.
I wish I could hear them before buying them. :frowning2:

Oh well, time for a good ol’ buy it before hear it for me again :)

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #31,240 of 40,671

Looking at your signature, we have a shockingly similar collection… I’m sure you’ll like the EVO, though I still insist that you try it out before purchasing…

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #31,242 of 40,671
Some more photos of the EVO from HKAV, it is a pretty big IEM… as thick as LXSE and with the faceplate area larger than the LXSE.
Oohh looks like there’s more vents on the bottom of the EVO. 👀

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #31,243 of 40,671
For a new flagship, the EVO has a pretty bland and boring faceplate though. I dislike the EVO branding on the faceplate and still prefer their signature eagle wings design...

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #31,244 of 40,671
For a new flagship, the EVO has a pretty bland and boring faceplate though. I dislike the EVO branding on the faceplate and still prefer their signature eagle wings design...
I imagine it’s just a placeholder demo faceplate. Or really just hope so lol because I do agree OG LX wings look better based off the EVO pics

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #31,245 of 40,671
I imagine it’s just a placeholder demo faceplate. Or really just hope so lol because I do agree OG LX wings look better based off the EVO pics
D53D6C22-6EFB-4D00-8D68-DFB2C9C0401A.png

They put this on the teaser so idk.. I do like the OG gold wings as well but then if they do it again it’ll just be same as LX so maybe they wanted to come up with something new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back