Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 3, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #24,736 of 40,575
No... EE doesn't sell the Odin direct yet. Retailers don't have them marked down.
That’s a shame because I found an EE authorised dealer in the UK that appeared to have the Odin. A discount of £680 would have been very nice. 😢

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #24,739 of 40,575
I can only imagine the amount of anger that would create from people who paid full price less than a month ago.
Agreed. Although it would be nice to get 20% off, it would be a kick in the teeth and not fair on the early adopters who were there at the beginning to support the launch. I would imagine that as the Odin has just been released it will not feature in any sale discounts for a quite a while yet.

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #24,741 of 40,575
Agreed. Although it would be nice to get 20% off, it would be a kick in the teeth and not fair on the early adopters who were there at the beginning to support the launch. I would imagine that as the Odin has just been released it will not feature in any sale discounts for a quite a while yet.
I don’t think this will be a big deal.
as @CL14715 said I’m pretty sure both the Odin and Hero are only available through dealers, not direct through EE, and so I would be shocked if dealers applied the 20% off on those IEMs.

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #24,744 of 40,575
Been listening to LX for a couple hours now. I put the Utopias aside and plugged into the TT2. This is the best bass imaginable. Stock cable of course. Prog On!

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #24,746 of 40,575
Spent some time today with the Odin so figured I’d post some initial impressions. I do this with every IEM I get to hear, regardless of burn in or not. So before the pitch forks come out, keep that in mind.

Frequency range is nicely extended and well represented from top to bottom. Really love the sub bass extension, stretches super low, wish it had more thump though or moved a bit more air around (or any at all for that matter), overall its pretty neutral to my ears and I prefer something with a bit more low end.

Mids are fine but come off a bit thin to my ears, coming from the Erlkonig though I pretty much expected this, as the mid presentation between both IEMs is quite different. They’re more laid back on the Odin and more in your face and thicker on the Erlkonig, I PREFER the latter. Are the Odin’s mids bad? No, just a preference thing here. I do notice that upper mid peak but I don’t find it being too much for my ears or problematic, I suppose I can see it bothering some people but I imagine that’ll be the ones with super sensitive ears. The biggest problem I have with the mids is the lack of body.

Treble to me is done pretty well, nice extension and smooth. Don’t really have anything to else to write regarding this. I don’t think it’ll exaclty please treble heads but I can’t think of many people having negative thoughts about it.

Build quality is great, the cable is stunning and makes me want to own 3rd party cables again. The ergonomics are also fantastic, super light shell and a good fit for my small ears, YMMV here.

Overall I think it’s a really good IEM, and I can see why a lot of people are very happy, but for my current tastes and preferences it’s not really for me. I prefer a bit more warmth to my sound. At this level in the TOTL game it all comes down to preferences, IMO.

All listening done using the DX220MAX, stock cable, and stock tips. I listen to mostly EDM.

Happy to answer any questions if there are any.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #24,747 of 40,575
Nice thoughts, evo.

Thanks for sharing!

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #24,748 of 40,575
Spent some time today with the Odin so figured I’d post some initial impressions. I do this with every IEM I get to hear, regardless of burn in or not. So before the pitch forks come out, keep that in mind.

Frequency range is nicely extended and well represented from top to bottom. Really love the sub bass extension, stretches super low, wish it had more thump though or moved a bit more air around (or any at all for that matter), overall its pretty neutral to my ears and I prefer something with a bit more low end.

Mids are fine but come off a bit thin to my ears, coming from the Erlkonig though I pretty much expected this, as the mid presentation between both IEMs is quite different. They’re more laid back on the Odin and more in your face and thicker on the Erlkonig, I PREFER the latter. Are the Odin’s mids bad? No, just a preference thing here. I do notice that upper mid peak but I don’t find it being too much for my ears or problematic, I suppose I can see it bothering some people but I imagine that’ll be the ones with super sensitive ears. The biggest problem I have with the mids is the lack of body.

Treble to me is done pretty well, nice extension and smooth. Don’t really have anything to else to write regarding this. I don’t think it’ll exaclty please treble heads but I can’t think of many people having negative thoughts about it.

Build quality is great, the cable is stunning and makes me want to own 3rd party cables again. The ergonomics are also fantastic, super light shell and a good fit for my small ears, YMMV here.

Overall I think it’s a really good IEM, and I can see why a lot of people are very happy, but for my current tastes and preferences it’s not really for me. I prefer a bit more warmth to my sound. At this level in the TOTL game it all comes down to preferences, IMO.

All listening done using the DX220MAX, stock cable, and stock tips. I listen to mostly EDM.

I second @toaster
You put your thoughts down well in a way that makes sense.

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #24,749 of 40,575

Thanks for the impression. Does this mean that you prefer the Erlkonig’s bass for EDM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back