Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #40,561 of 40,591
If you can get the OG LX for around £1300 then do people think its still worth waiting for the Trinity to see if it has improvements worth paying more for?
Depends. What genres you're using it for and then what's that money delta mean to you :L3000: Sometimes the price is right (i got my LX for 1500 sold for 900 2 years after)

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #40,562 of 40,591
If you can get the OG LX for around £1300 then do people think its still worth waiting for the Trinity to see if it has improvements worth paying more for?

It definitely has improvement worth paying for if you favor them.

I assume the vast majority of people will favor the Triton for its performance, especially at the price. Of course there will be some here and there who prefer the LX. I ran them A/B against my LX and it was clear what improvements were made and how the overall experience benefits from the new Sonion BC drivers. I can see how many would perceive Triton as a LX type successor.. but, to me it’s more of an affordable Raven in terms of characteristics.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #40,564 of 40,591
Mainly listen to Trance and Techno.
Current iem is Campfire Dorado 2020. Like the signature but sadly the bass muddys the mids and it lacks details.
The LX is notably darker compared to the EVO and Raven. I believe the Triton will be a fresh of breath air in exactly what you're looking for (especially vocal trance with female singers)

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #40,565 of 40,591
Same here with the Odyssey, came back to the stock final E. I must add I have now paired the Odyssey with the code 24 and oh my what a difference, I never gave cable swapping much credence until the 24 and it has opened the Odyssey right up now to a point that I'm not even curious about trying anything else......for now 😉
I’ve been pretty happy with the Corerir Aluminum tips. But bass hits hard with the stock E. Cables I’m still at a loss for what to get and I’ve had the IEM for more than a year now.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #40,566 of 40,591
It was your earlier post that got me looking into the Code 24
Yeah, I’m in the camp of keeping my Odyssey. I’ll probably pair it with Code 24 later on
Please I did, it made a huge difference straight away. I have not put the Odyssey down since I paired it with the 24, it seems to bring them to life. I'm in a fortunate position to have heard most of the bands I listened to live at some point. The Odyssey and code 24 bring that memory flooding back unlike any other pairing I have had :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #40,567 of 40,591
It definitely has improvement worth paying for if you favor them.

I assume the vast majority of people will favor the Triton for its performance, especially at the price. Of course there will be some here and there who prefer the LX. I ran them A/B against my LX and it was clear what improvements were made and how the overall experience benefits from the new Sonion BC drivers. I can see how many would perceive Triton as a LX type successor.. but, to me it’s more of an affordable Raven in terms of characteristics.
do you know if EE is abandoning WeaponX BCD in future models?

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #40,571 of 40,591
Yea, these new Sonion drivers are pretty compact. Basically a BA size and they put out a very perceivable effect.
Do you think there's any chance of a Novus in your near future?... and if so, of it overtaking Raven in your lineup? Just curious.

The gold aesthetic is not my taste. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't weighing whether or not to give it a go anyway. The thought of a Raven with a little more low end and tad more holographic top end is... tempting.

I wonder if the Novus low-mids are any more pronounced than the Raven's. Like... would the Novus with its increased lows be considered an overall warmer IEM than Raven... including the low-mids? Would it be an overall L or W shaped frequency response?... or a U/V response?

Would Novus be a contender for the most "audiophile" "basshead" IEM ever?

I kinda hope the decision gets made for me by Novus selling out before I can make up my mind. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #40,572 of 40,591
Do you think there's any chance of a Novus in your near future?... and if so, of it overtaking Raven in your lineup? Just curious.

The gold aesthetic is not my taste. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't weighing whether or not to give it a go anyway. The thought of a Raven with a little more low end and tad more holographic top end is... tempting.

I wonder if the Novus low-mids are any more pronounced than the Raven's. Like... would the Novus with its increased lows be considered an overall warmer IEM than Raven... including the low-mids? Would it be an overall L or W shaped frequency response?... or a U/V response?

Would Novus be a contender for the most "audiophile" "basshead" IEM ever?

I kinda hope the decision gets made for me by Novus selling out before I can make up my mind. :ksc75smile:
Honestly, no. I’m done with those price ranges for IEM’s. The Novus is great in the ways you are weighing compared to Raven but not great enough to justify moving the needle for me. Raven is perfect for me and there’s no need for me to try and chase the 1%.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #40,574 of 40,591
Honestly, no. I’m done with those price ranges for IEM’s. The Novus is great in the ways you are weighing compared to Raven but not great enough to justify moving the needle for me. Raven is perfect for me and there’s no need for me to try and chase the 1%.
chasing the dragon is what keeps audiophile accessory companies in business 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back