Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #2,371 of 40,565
Nobody in this thread talks about anything other than Zeus. I wish I'd just coughed up the few extra quid and bought Zeus instead of Athena - though I wonder how much better it would actually sound.

If you prefer a warm and smooth sound, Zeus-R would be too far a deviation from that. Getting the right sound signature for you is the most important part. If something is techinically better but not a good sig for you, it doesn't make sense to think about it IMO.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #2,374 of 40,565

Zeus R is cold and harsh?

the Zeus R, let me tell you this, forget about all the confusing terminologies, the Zeus R is really the best you can get to enjoy music.

I tried so many iems, and with no doubt the best iem I ever heard is the Zeus R, it just has everything that makes listening to music so enjoyable

forget about descriptions such as is it cold, harsh , warm, lush or whatever, the Zeus R is the best iem peroid

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #2,375 of 40,565
  the Zeus R, let me tell you this, forget about all the confusing terminologies, the Zeus R is really the best you can get to enjoy music.

I tried so many iems, and with no doubt the best iem I ever heard is the Zeus R, it just has everything that makes listening to music so enjoyable

forget about descriptions such as is it cold, harsh , warm, lush or whatever, the Zeus R is the best iem peroid

i want to believe you but people also told me IE800 was the best single dynamic driver iem in the world, it wasnt, it was schiit.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,376 of 40,565
Has anyone that has heard the empire ears line heard Dita the answer? Be curious how close the answer is to ee iems.

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #2,377 of 40,565
  You went HAMMMM on the bling there! 
etysmile.gif

normal_smile .gif

Congratulations, @moedawg140 !  Great unboxing video, and cool looking Zeus-R.  

Thanks, @Jazzi, appreciate the comments!

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of watch-based faceplates myself, but I can recognise class when it's there. And yeah, you have one hell of an awesome looking Zeus. Enjoy them! 
smile.gif

Thank you sir!

@Moe,

​  killer Zeus-R, you sure did put the CUSTOM in CIEM on those.

Mad skills and props go out to all at Empire Ear for the work that they do.

It's a testament to the lengths Empire Ears will go to deliver an exemplary experience.

a master piece

Appreciate the kindness, @Sound Eq!

I don't want to make this sound too sappy, but...

London has been great up to this point (will leave in a couple of days), but the trip really started on a sour note.  I was held in customs for a better part of the day, and detained with all of my items (audio gear/means of communication) confiscated while I was with UK customs (I did absolutely nothing wrong).  Other things happened as well during my detainment that weren't very festive (anyone who talked to me at CanJam knows specifically what I went through).  I was pretty sad and thinking that I may not even get to go to CanJam, let alone be able to get out of the airport.  The lady who was with me in the detainment area (for a lame reason) was crying her eyes out because they told her that she may not be able to get into the country.  Even I was told initially it didn't look good for me.  

Why do I say all of this?  It's because right after I got out of the detainment area, I could check my phone, and while I was relived to be out, I was angry, and frustrated at the situation that just transpired over the course of the entire day.  Once I checked my internet and SMS messages, I read the Empire Ears thread.  I seriously did not know if anyone would like the fact that I have a unique CIEM, let alone say anything at all for whatever reason one may choose to not say anything.  Of course I shouldn't care what people think, but hey, I am human.  The above quoted posters seriously made me happier, and the encouragement and nice words allowed me to divert my attention from possible resentment of some of the people that dealt with me at customs, to diverting my attention to friendship and positivity.

For this, I truly say: thank you.

Have a great start of your week everyone.

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,379 of 40,565
Has anyone that has heard the empire ears line heard Dita the answer? Be curious how close the answer is to ee iems.

I owned the DITA Truth Edition, and I think @shotgunshane heard or owned a DITA Answer as well if memory serves. It's been three years or more since I had them, but if memory serves the DITA was very treble-focused and bass-light. I remember thinking it was bright and dry, but without any harshness in the treble. I thought it had great detail retrieval for an IEM as well as impressive clarity, but it was certainly bright and thin-sounding.

The Zeus-R is such a different sound signature that it's hard to compare the two. It is a bit warmer than neutral and therefore MUCH warmer than the DITA. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #2,380 of 40,565

There's at least four Zeus Remastereds at CanJam that I personally spotted - all look amazing and all owners are supremely awesome (not counting myself, but great if people think so theirselves).

The Zeus R owners not attending CanJam are also awesome.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,381 of 40,565
Thanks @moedawg140
 and good luck on the return. Keep your head up brother. Guess it's true what they say...there's no place like home! :xf_eek:

Thanks, and it's all good, my man!

The Zeus R owners not attending CanJam are also awesome.  :D

I know that you are joking (if you are not, my apologies in advance). My point was that Empire Ears did not officially attend CanJam London and there was great representation at the event, regardless.

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,382 of 40,565
@moedawg, i am gutted i didn't get to meet you yesterday, no idea why, time flew and missed the ruffle prize draw too:joy:
it is looking like im gonna go for the new Savage 9 , without having heard Z, but going for more bass as i would hate lighter bottom end(not saying Z is light, but apparently S9 has got the sub bass)
Sorry to hear about your London troubles earlier:beers:

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,383 of 40,565
Nobody in this thread talks about anything other than Zeus. I wish I'd just coughed up the few extra quid and bought Zeus instead of Athena - though I wonder how much better it would actually sound.

There is a tendency on Headfi especially recently to focus on the flagship models, the Zeus, K10 and so on and so forth.  At the end of the day it's about system synergey and what you are personally happy with, regardless of budget.  I learned early on not to get too caught up in "upgradeitis" as there is no way most of us mere mortals could afford all the nice gear that is out there (wait's for someone to jump in :p) much as we would like to.  For me I learned that it's not so much a question of affording it (to a point) as to justifying a purchase.  If I can do that (and with the levels of audio coming out these days that is getting harder and harder to do.  Better to buy right once if possible then constantly upgrading.  Of course in Europe that is much harder to do as there are so few places in the uk at least that offer that sort of facility. 

normal_smile%20.gif

, but the trip really started on a sour note.  I was held in customs for a better part of the day, and detained with all of my items (audio gear/means of communication) confiscated while I was with UK customs (I did absolutely nothing wrong).  Other things happened as well during my detainment that weren't very festive (anyone who talked to me at CanJam knows specifically what I went through).  I was pretty sad and thinking that I may not even get to go to CanJam, let alone be able to get out of the airport.  The lady who was with me in the detainment area (for a lame reason) was crying her eyes out because they told her that she may not be able to get into the country.  Even I was told initially it didn't look good for me.    
Why do I say all of this?  It's because right after I got out of the detainment area, I could check my phone, and while I was relived to be out, I was angry, and frustrated at the situation that just transpired over the course of the entire day.  Once I checked my internet and SMS messages, I read the Empire Ears thread.  I seriously did not know if anyone would like the fact that I have a unique CIEM, let alone say anything at all for whatever reason one may choose to not say anything.  Of course I shouldn't care what people think, but hey, I am human.  The above quoted posters seriously made me happier, and the encouragement and nice words allowed me to divert my attention from possible resentment of some of the people that dealt with me at customs, to diverting my attention to friendship and positivity.

Unfortunate experience I'm sure, but with the heightened levels of security in and around Europe, London and the uk in general I'm not really surprised that you got pulled over with the equipment that you would probably have on you.  Personal audio awareness is not at the same sort of level over here as it is in the states or china/hong kong imo.  Maybe next time there's a way for you to get in touch ahead of your flight with someone at the airport so you can avoid such general unpleasantness.  Still glad you had a good time at Canjam.

To also end on a more upbeat note, it was also pleasing to see you be almost defeated by EE's case.  That proved one tough **** to get into!

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2,384 of 40,565
normal_smile%20.gif

Thanks, @Jazzi
, appreciate the comments!

Thank you sir!

It's a testament to the lengths Empire Ears will go to deliver an exemplary experience.

Appreciate the kindness, @Sound Eq
!

[rule]
I don't want to make this sound too sappy, but...

London has been great up to this point (will leave in a couple of days), but the trip really started on a sour note.  I was held in customs for a better part of the day, and detained with all of my items (audio gear/means of communication) confiscated while I was with UK customs (I did absolutely nothing wrong).  Other things happened as well during my detainment that weren't very festive (anyone who talked to me at CanJam knows specifically what I went through).  I was pretty sad and thinking that I may not even get to go to CanJam, let alone be able to get out of the airport.  The lady who was with me in the detainment area (for a lame reason) was crying her eyes out because they told her that she may not be able to get into the country.  Even I was told initially it didn't look good for me.  

Wow, that sucks about detainment. Glad you got out and were able to enjoy canjam.

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #2,385 of 40,565
There is a tendency on Headfi especially recently to focus on the flagship models, the Zeus, K10 and so on and so forth.  At the end of the day it's about system synergey and what you are personally happy with, regardless of budget.  I learned early on not to get too caught up in "upgradeitis" as there is no way most of us mere mortals could afford all the nice gear that is out there (wait's for someone to jump in :p) much as we would like to.  For me I learned that it's not so much a question of affording it (to a point) as to justifying a purchase.  If I can do that (and with the levels of audio coming out these days that is getting harder and harder to do.  Better to buy right once if possible then constantly upgrading.  Of course in Europe that is much harder to do as there are so few places in the uk at least that offer that sort of facility. 

Unfortunate experience I'm sure, but with the heightened levels of security in and around Europe, London and the uk in general I'm not really surprised that you got pulled over with the equipment that you would probably have on you.  Personal audio awareness is not at the same sort of level over here as it is in the states or china/hong kong imo.  Maybe next time there's a way for you to get in touch ahead of your flight with someone at the airport so you can avoid such general unpleasantness.  Still glad you had a good time at Canjam.

To also end on a more upbeat note, it was also pleasing to see you be almost defeated by EE's case.  That proved one tough **** to get into!

I am well aware of the heightened security, but that does not mean that I have to be treated the way that I was. You were not there so please do not try to patronize me (it seems like you are since you were not there to actually experience what I did).

As for getting in touch ahead with someone, thanks for the suggestion, but I went alone and I will not attempt to coordinate anything of the sort (especially based on what I specifically experienced, as you have not gone through my specific experience).

Pleasing to see me open a box? Are you okay? Rhetorical questions.

Anyways, happy that CanJam went well and being able to see the sites today. Tomorrow will be Stonehenge and an outside of London tour with a group of Head-Fiers.

Wow, that sucks about detainment. Glad you got out and were able to enjoy canjam.

Thank you! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back