Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 21, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #18,601 of 40,559
Does any one have new impressions on valkyries? )

I am about to get my phantoms back from ee shop Monday. Can you believe it I passed like 3 weeks no music, this is so hard (
Good times coming back soooonnn

Refit for customs I'm assuming? What you need to do is get the Valkyries as your main and have the phantoms as back ups so you never have to go through that again :p

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #18,602 of 40,559
Refit for customs I'm assuming? What you need to do is get the Valkyries as your main and have the phantoms as back ups so you never have to go through that again :p

I had a long story with my phantoms and had to redo the shell once EE really nailed it on the second try! Its absolutely perfect fit and comfortable to ware 8 hours a day.
The problem I experience now is ear pressure like there is no apex or adel technology and I believe in custom fit its a big welcome bonus.
It is the reason why I will buy valkyrie in universal and I have made eartips that are like symbio orange one butwith final type e and comply foam hybrid.

My issue with my current phantom is my faceplates they keep cracking on side and the tiny little air gap lifts the hole faceplate. Yes very sad and it always comes back. Dont even know what to do.

Maybe if EE can find a solution for future iem they can be more rigid and endurant for truck driver audiophile environments lol ) )

Yes I cant wait to have my hands on the new valkyrie they gona steal my soul from my favorite phantoms

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #18,603 of 40,559
Can you believe it I passed like 3 weeks no music, this is so hard (
Good times coming back soooonnn
The reason I rush order for my customs. A week with no music is hard enough as is, never mind 3!

The problem I experience now is ear pressure like there is no apex or adel technology and I believe in custom fit its a big welcome bonus.
It does, but I suspect there's a tuning aspect as to why Empire has done away with Adel.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #18,604 of 40,559
The reason I rush order for my customs. A week with no music is hard enough as is, never mind 3!

It does, but I suspect there's a tuning aspect as to why Empire has done away with Adel.

Aaaahh if you only could ease my pain with kind words hehe.
I am stuck listening to my truck stereo and boy its no near good. Just an idea bose qc 35 sounds better lol.

All I do is stair at my 1z and imagining how music is playing in my ears lmao

About adel and tuning i dont know. If they got away from it i trust empire ears on this then there must have been a reason for it.

To be honest EE is the first brand among all on the market that suits so well to my preferred sound signature love it. These days its so hard to find things that are really good. Once you find your perfect little haven try to enjoy it as much you can.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #18,605 of 40,559

Empire Ears could not get the sound they wanted in the EP and X lines either Adel, so they dropped it.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #18,607 of 40,559
@ajyagle It was nice meeting you at yesterday's Summer NAMM show. You and the rest of the Empire reps (Head-Fi's @Dellwolf, Josh and the last guy whose name I forgot, my apologies, so I will call him "Cool Mustache Dude") were a pleasure.

Just to throw in some simple impressions of the Valkyrie and Wraith for anyone interested. I personally found the Valkyrie too dark for my tastes, so my audition was extremely brief. To my ears, it is nicely detailed but the darker tone makes everything sound too mellow. Others have commented that it is like a cross between Phantom and Legend X. I've never heard Phantom, but I did own the Legend X. I can see at least from one side where that impression would come from. I do think Legend X is brighter and has more sparkle up top than the Valkyrie.

On the other hand, the Wraith is absolutely awesome. Coming from a Zeus-R guy, the Wraith is indeed the spiritual successor. The crystal clarity of the Zeus with a noticeable but not overly done uptick in bass. However, I personally did not think the Cleopatra cable was the best option. IMO, the Aries cable was a better match. Cleo made it a little too bright and slightly thin. Aries tamed the brightness just enough and slightly thickened the overall sound. Ultimately, the Wraith is excellent with either cable.

I had a hard time debating whether to go with the Wraith as my next purchase or the Clear Tunes Da Vinci X. It was a tough call. Sound quality alone, the Wraith was my pick, but the Da Vinci X is not too far behind. The price difference had me waffling. Congrats, Empire Ears, you guys win...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #18,608 of 40,559
@ajyagle It was nice meeting you at yesterday's Summer NAMM show. You and the rest of the Empire reps (Head-Fi's @Dellwolf, Josh and the last guy whose name I forgot, my apologies, so I will call him "Cool Mustache Dude") were a pleasure.

Just to throw in some simple impressions of the Valkyrie and Wraith for anyone interested. I personally found the Valkyrie too dark for my tastes, so my audition was extremely brief. To my ears, it is nicely detailed but the darker tone makes everything sound too mellow. Others have commented that it is like a cross between Phantom and Legend X. I've never heard Phantom, but I did own the Legend X. I can see at least from one side where that impression would come from. I do think Legend X is brighter and has more sparkle up top than the Valkyrie.

On the other hand, the Wraith is absolutely awesome. Coming from a Zeus-R guy, the Wraith is indeed the spiritual successor. The crystal clarity of the Zeus with a noticeable but not overly done uptick in bass. However, I personally did not think the Cleopatra cable was the best option. IMO, the Aries cable was a better match. Cleo made it a little too bright and slightly thin. Aries tamed the brightness just enough and slightly thickened the overall sound. Ultimately, the Wraith is excellent with either cable.

I had a hard time debating whether to go with the Wraith as my next purchase or the Clear Tunes Da Vinci X. It was a tough call. Sound quality alone, the Wraith was my pick, but the Da Vinci X is not too far behind. The price difference had me waffling. Congrats, Empire Ears, you guys win...

That is very good news for me )
Darker valkyrie and slightly less sparkles then lx but more then phantom also a spot on for me to.
Could you share some impression on the w9 weapon from valk vs lx? Please

I actually didnt find lx w9 tuning to my liking and phantom was more defined and precise to vs lx dd. Well some might disagree but thats how it was for me. I love phantom way more then lx.
When I learned valk is a tri hybrid and in between phantom and lx I had an immediate alarm this gota be the jewel of sounds this is it! I found it!

Thanks for the impressions @TheOracle

Jul 22, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #18,609 of 40,559
Darker valkyrie and slightly less sparkles then lx but more then phantom also a spot on for me to.

I actually didnt find lx w9 tuning to my liking and phantom was more defined and precise to vs lx dd. Well some might disagree but thats how it was for me. I love phantom way more then lx.
When I learned valk is a tri hybrid and in between phantom and lx I had an immediate alarm this gota be the jewel of sounds this is it! I found it!

Dark = good, that is all. The Wraith's bass worries me still.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #18,611 of 40,559

I wish I could give you a more accurate impression, but it has been a while since I owned the LX and my audition of the Valkyrie was brief. The best explanation I could give is the LX has a V-shaped sound. Take the ends of the V, turn them down a few notches (the treble more than the bass) and you have my impression of the Valkyrie.

In the process of tuning down the bass and treble, I don't, however, get the impression the midrange is any more forward on the Valkyrie than it was on the LX.

I hope that helps to some extent.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #18,613 of 40,559
I wish I could give you a more accurate impression, but it has been a while since I owned the LX and my audition of the Valkyrie was brief. The best explanation I could give is the LX has a V-shaped sound. Take the ends of the V, turn them down a few notches (the treble more than the bass) and you have my impression of the Valkyrie.

In the process of tuning down the bass and treble, I don't, however, get the impression the midrange is any more forward on the Valkyrie than it was on the LX.

I hope that helps to some extent.

Its pretty good Its sounds more and more like a super refined phantom tuning then anything else frankly.
Lx was not my top preferred.

The Wraith is definitely not for you :)

Ohhh yes phantom is super dark and thick like a molasses haha then valkyrie should be very nice in that regard.

Maybe I should stick with my ares 2 bespoke since it will add even more caramely thickness to valks ) you know it never gets warm enough for me haha

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #18,614 of 40,559
Its pretty good Its sounds more and more like a super refined phantom tuning then anything else frankly.
Lx was not my top preferred.

Ohhh yes phantom is super dark and thick like a molasses haha then valkyrie should be very nice in that regard.

Maybe I should stick with my ares 2 bespoke since it will add even more caramely thickness to valks ) you know it never gets warm enough for me haha

Because there are too much bass and dark sound I switched Ares II 8wire to Eros II 8wire my Phantom has opened up more in the high and midrange with details and separation of instruments when listening to DX229. :smile_phones:

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #18,615 of 40,559
Because there are too much bass and dark sound I switched Ares II 8wire to Eros II 8wire my Phantom has opened up more in the high and midrange with details and separation of instruments when listening to DX229. :smile_phones:

Lets see how it opens even more when the dx220 max comes out muhahah )

Maybe changing to silver cable do bring air and brighten things up a bit. But definitely dont wanna lose that phantoms bass uh uh no no ) its really fast and velocitive it can dive pretty deep and fast decay. When in trznce mode with edm music holly molly things fly fast every direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back