Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,832 of 40,613
Hopefully mine is being upgraded as we speak!! 
redface.gif

keep me posted Jack - thanks

May 20, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,837 of 40,613
I don't have the Mojo with me, so I tried briefly with the Lotoo Paw Gold and the Hisoundaudio S6. It sounds really good with the S6 and not a hint of hiss. With the LPG, it sounds great but the hiss is still a bit much, even though less then on the first model. The cable itself is nice, not an fan of the ear guides or whatever they are call, and not to crazy about angled jacks as they are in general to large and heavy.

Anyways need to listen and compare, but no need to say I still love these. And maybe even more.

May 21, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,841 of 40,613
Jack, you should just start selling the Zeus-R bundled with the Chord Mojo. They are made for each other.

Indeed, the Zeus sounds fantastic with the Chord Mojo. I have no doubt the Zeus R would fare just as well, if not better. 
smile.gif

May 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,842 of 40,613
I will put in a vote for the Questyle Audio QP1R.  The QP1R sounds the most resolute with the Empire Ears lineup out of all of the DAPs, some quasi-DAC/Amps and some DAC/Amps that I have compared, to my ears including and not limited to; the Intermedia Lotoo PAW Gold, Altmann Tera-Player, Chord Mojo, latest Onkyo and Pioneer DAPs, all AKs (I haven't listened to the AK300 yet, though), HIFIMAN players and others, as compared in my QP1R review, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings.

With regards to the Mojo or any other add-on device, I would just rather not strap a device or add a device to my source that will automatically add bulk, an extra cable attaching to the source, and adding another device I need to charge or keep charged, especially when I feel the source sounds better to my ears (in my specific case, the QP1R).  

It's all good because I'm glad that there are products that take care of individuals' wants and needs, as there are a lot of people that don't mind the bulk/requiring extra cable/extra device to charge or keep charged and love the sound that the Mojo is able to create in a mandatory conjunction with a source. 

Funny thing, the m9XX that I own sounds very similar to the Mojo, so even if I went with the Mojo for strictly home use, I've got a very close in sound signature already that is the m9XX (not to mention it costs less as well).

May 21, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,844 of 40,613
  How much does the upgrade from base to R version cost?

Also, is there a Apollo-R version?

1. Do you own the original Zeus?

2. Not as far as I know, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back