1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last
  1. Mimouille
    Yes, from Effect Audio.

2. Mimouille
    I am listening  to the Zeus-R with the Mojo right now. The combo is indeed delicious. All that I loved about the Zeus is present with added space and clarity.

However allow me to mention that the hiss on the Zeus-R is only slightly lower to that of the Zeus. This hiss is quite strong on the LPG and still present on the Mojo. Even the AK100 mk2 hisses with the Zeus-R.

So far my only hiss-less source with the Zeus-R is the Hisoundaudio S6. It sounds nice, but I feel the Zeus-R can be pushed further (with the Mojo or LPG if you discount hiss).

So I have a question for people who are sensitive to hiss (who can clearly hear hiss on the Mojo with the Zeus-R), do you have a source that is hiss-less AND sounds great with the Zeus-R?

Thanks

3. Cotnijoe

I just suck it up and stick with the LPG haha

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ service@uniquemelody.org
  4. Kozato

I should try this combination soon. So far I am pairing it with Effect Audio Aegis and Leonidas.

5. Vaanres

thanks so much :*, it's really small (14 drivers iem):)

6. Cagin
    I can only repeat myself again hehe;
    Cowon Plenue D with JetEffect EQ + DSP, it's even more silent than the Onkyo DP-X1 which to me made hiss an issue of the past with my previous Zeus.

7. Mimouille
    @Cagin,thanks but will this unleash the full potential of the Zeus? I am having doubts....

8. Spamateur

I'm a big fan of the Cowon Plenue S running balanced to the Zeus-R. Using an Effect Audio Eros cable. I know you owned the P1 in there past, but this combo really takes it up a notch from the P1 with layering, depth and detail.

9. Vaanres

I visited effectaudio.com, they only have 2.5mm balanched termination type, i remember that the plenue S use 3.5mm balanced, did you use converter from 2.5 to 3.5 ?

10. Spamateur

They have a straight 3.5mm TRRS (balanced) termination option that they don't list on the website. Contact Suyang and he can set it up for you once you order. He was great to deal with and I love the cable with the Zeus-R.

11. Vaanres

Thank you, :beyersmile:

12. shotgunshane Contributor

I can't hear the hiss over the cacophony of voices in my head.

Docterror and Ethan Groover like this.
  13. Mimouille
    And completely black background? I am so annoyed by balanced cables. Is there really a benefit going balanced on the S?

It's one of the benefits of old, hum I mean mature age.

14. Tony1110
    Ever tried a portable amp? Vorzuge Pure II on low gain is very quiet.

15. Mimouille
    I am an anti stacker...mojo is the only exception. And is the pure II quieter than Mojo?

First

Back
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
Next

Last