Edition 8 - my first hands on impression
Jan 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #46 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, which one do you finally prefer between your Edition 7 and the Edition 8 ?
wink.gif

Both
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't say it's apples and oranges, but they have their own strength.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #47 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't say it's apples and oranges, but they have their own strength.

Great
wink.gif

I can't wait to compare them with my Edition 9.

Is it true that Edition 8 have a better isolation than the Ed.7/Ed.9 ?

Cheers

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #48 of 142
Thank you for the review.

I was about to jump on the Esw10 but your comment get me re-thinking. What spark my interest being its light weight and other member's comment of its involving sound with great detail and tone, the latter of which I found somewhat lacking with the Pro 900. Also Headphoneaddict has compare the Esw10 favourably to full sized phones like RS-1 and Ed9 but without the prominent bass and soundstage.

If you found the Esw10 not even in the same league with the Ed8 it must be something, and dare it should at this price...

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #49 of 142
NSL has the Edition 8 price listed at a level worth looking into. I am not buying anything until the 800 and 8 have been out awhile though.

May 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #50 of 142
update nsl doesn´t seem to be allowed to sell them
frown.gif

May 31, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #51 of 142
Looks nice, need to eventually get around to visiting a dealer to listen to a pair. Nice write up, domo arigato Sasaki san.

tongue_smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #53 of 142
Hi,

Here's one - very compact (but better than nothing
redface.gif
) - opinion on the Edition 8 compared to the HD800 from a long-time Orpheus user in the German HiFi-Forum:
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...1&postID=99#99

Oh, "kalter Kaffee" means yesterday's news or water under the bridge.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #55 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, really compact would be an under statement, it is like "Ed.8 really excellent, HD800 old story" lol
eek.gif

Yes, or "Orpheus resembling Edition 8 one or two leagues above HD 800".....

The writer wonders about the ear and knack of the presenter at the Munich Highend exhibition (Sennheiser's senior acoustic engineer) for choosing just the Orpheus vs. HD 800.
He would better have taken an Edition 8 from the next Ultrasone's booth - instead of HD 800.
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #56 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by mopps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, or "Orpheus resembling Edition 8 one or two leagues over HD 800".....

I will receive my Edition 8 maybe next week and this headphone is on the Orpheus level !! THAT IS GREAT NEWS

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #59 of 142
I HAVE to assume that the Ed8 bass isn't even close to Pro 900. I found the bass of the Pro 900 to have some of the most emphasized bass I've ever heard. Like woah are you serious, Ultrasone? Quality aside, my Ed9 has less quantity than the Pro 900, so given that the Ed8 is supposed to have less bass than the 9, I would reason that the Ed8 has a sane amount of bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Admission of guilt: Despite Ultrasone's totally misguided move to cut off NS&L, alienating a bunch of customers, I'm personally somewhat addicted to their sound. I should be receiving my 8's from soundearphones.com any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back