Edition 8 - my first hands on impression
Jun 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #61 of 142
Interesting, I thought Edition 8 would get buried under HD 800 and to some extent PS 1000. Seems like it isn't the case. Will be looking forward to some really nice and proper impressions.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #62 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by mopps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, or "Orpheus resembling Edition 8 one or two leagues above HD 800".....

The writer wonders about the ear and knack of the presenter at the Munich Highend exhibition (Sennheiser's senior acoustic engineer) for choosing just the Orpheus vs. HD 800.
He would better have taken an Edition 8 from the next Ultrasone's booth - instead of HD 800.
biggrin.gif

Well, that's a single reviewer's opinion...I would wait for some more impressions before coming to a conclusion. Especially as he isn't giving any details to justify his opinion: he just keeps saying they are better in every post. I would have expected something more from a guy who owns an Orpheus tbh...I can write such statements too.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #64 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why?

Because I expect someone willing to spend such an amount on an headphone system to have enough knowledge to elaborate a bit more than just saying "it's better" and keeping repeating it in following posts too without any further detail. Why is it better? There must be a reason. Just saying "it's better" doesn't help anyone, except maybe Ultrasone.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #65 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I expect someone willing to spend such an amount on an headphone system has enough knowledge to elaborate a bit more than just saying "it's better" and keeping repeating it in following posts too without any further detail. Why is it better? There must be a reason. Just saying "it's better" doesn't help anyone, except maybe Ultrasone.

People who are able to spend that kind of money on headphones very often don't have to think twice about it.
It tells me a lot if someone who is used to listening to HE90 is impressed by the Edition 8.
Further details I am not really interested in. The mere fact that he owns HE90 does not imply he needs to put more effort in describing them to us. It would be kind of him if he is willing to answer your questions, but he doesn't have to do that.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #67 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is assuming he really does own HE90 of course...

Indeed. That's where I was heading to.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #71 of 142
Quote:

Is it a habit of yours to lie about things like that?

No need to start attacking ppl. If you're convinced, I'm happy for you. I'm not, that's all.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #72 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to start attacking ppl. If you're convinced, I'm happy for you. I'm not, that's all.

I guess that was meant for yourself and SleepyOne, you started to attack someone by doubting the truth of his statement.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #73 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
?? I don't konw the person so I just question is it true or not, do you believe in everything without question things?

I trust everybody until I'm proven wrong.
Do you only believe people you know?
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #74 of 142
Quote:

I guess that was meant for yourself and SleepyOne, you started to attack someone by doubting the truth of his statement.

Not even worth a reply. Hope this made your day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #75 of 142
i got to try the edition 8 at canjam for about 5 minutes.

they sounded colored to me like most other ultrasone; im not fond of ultrasone's sound signature (most of them have sharp treble and a high contrast sound to my ears). The cnc frame and overall construction is nice and it fit my head well. Comfort and portability is good.

I also tried the edition 9 at the rudistor table and that is the only ultrasone that i would want to own. Sadly it is discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back