Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Mar 13, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #1,621 of 1,687
Quote:

I found that without the filters, some songs that I listened to had a little too much sparkle and harshness from the treble while others had just the right amount or just enough. Basically it was really subjective as to which song and which genre you're listening to in my experience. In a way it makes sense,... well sort of since the sound of the SM3s are like a chameleon anyhow. So maybe the filters are there for the sake of consistency? That's just my uninformed guess.. 
biggrin.gif

That pretty much mirrors my experience. I used them without the filters for about 3 months, and I felt it added too much harshness overall. I EQed the treble down a little but it seemed like the harshness wasn't tied to a frequency, if that makes sense. When I switched back to the filters a while back I felt that it sounds better overall with them in. Smoother and more natural. They did sound more open and clear without the filters, but sort of in an artificial way. Maybe EDM sounds better without the filters, but rock and metal sounds a lot more like a real performance with them in.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,622 of 1,687

Hi guys, i bought my SM3 V2 about a year ago through jaben singapore, and the shell broke off due to regular use and when i sent it for warranty through jaben singapore, apparently they forgot to note that my warranty was still in effect and now i am charged an absurd S$198 for the repair of this broken shell!!?? This is absurd!!

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,623 of 1,687
Yep.
Quote:

Hi guys, i bought my SM3 V2 about a year ago through jaben singapore, and the shell broke off due to regular use and when i sent it for warranty through jaben singapore, apparently they forgot to note that my warranty was still in effect and now i am charged an absurd S$198 for the repair of this broken shell!!?? This is absurd!!

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,625 of 1,687
I think they have plenty of shame, or at least their sales director seemed to when I spoke with him. What they lack is pride in their product and the ability to understand the fact that the product they are marketing as a professional grade monitor simply does not deliver what ANYONE would expect in terms of durability from a product targeted at people who will be moving around on-stage and most likely using them on the go. They either don't understand their market, or simply don't give a ****; the worse condemnation of the two would be whichever actually inspired such shoddy workmanship.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,627 of 1,687
Yes I've dealt with Max, he was very curt with me. He did give me a replacement but only after some badgering. Maybe he's changing his tune, though.
Quote:
Send an email to max@earsonics.com.

He is very responsive and he pretty much changed how I perceive their customer service.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,628 of 1,687
Earsonics isn´t making it easy to take the leap of faith and buy the SM3/SM64... Not only would I have to order it blind, but the only shipping option to Finland is a 40 euro overnight express one. It kind of adds insult to injury as the company isn´t exactly famous for build quality or in other words making the product look and feel like something that wasn´t bought for 1/4 of the price.

May 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,632 of 1,687
I dunno - I got the SM1 V2 from Amazon just a few days ago - I thought the ultra slim - Westone type body of the IEM looked sturdy as hell. And for $99 (musicaacoustics is asking 220 Euros) the price cannot be beat. The cable is exactly the same as the standard Heir Audio cable (at least it looks like it)

We'll see.

May 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #1,633 of 1,687
Yeah at those prices they seem like steals. If I had cash floating around I would probably grap a set of SM2s.
Quote:
I dunno - I got the SM1 V2 from Amazon just a few days ago - I thought the ultra slim - Westone type body of the IEM looked sturdy as hell. And for $99 (musicaacoustics is asking 220 Euros) the price cannot be beat. The cable is exactly the same as the standard Heir Audio cable (at least it looks like it)

We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back