Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Jun 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #976 of 1,687
I don't know many head-fiers who have heard the j-phonic, but I do agree with you that the SM2 is more preferable over the SM3.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #978 of 1,687
Can i ask something.I bought  before 2 weeks my sm3 and read,read,read again and again the reviews about them and i cannot listen to anything good about them described there.

I had er4p,triple fi,and i use the pk2. 

What the problem? The armature sound is not for my ears; (i sold the er4p and triple after 1 month)

I love the pk2, but i want a hi end sound , like the one that comes from my genelec 8030 :)

I own clip+ and cowon D2

Regards

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #979 of 1,687
^ Maybe try some high-end dynamic driver based IEMs like the JVC FX700 or Sony EX1000? You'd have to sacrifice some isolation, but their sound signature should be closer to what you're looking for. Just click the links in my signature to read up on these phones.

Speaking of which, I'm going to try out the EX600 within the next few days, since some say they're almost as good as the EX1000 for only €150. If that proves true they might be among the best bang/buck IEMs on the market.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #980 of 1,687
I personally think the FX500s should also be considered. IMO, they are 95% of the FX700s and are actually more balanced with more isolation. They don't have the energy nor the body of the FX700s but the timbre, imaging and soundstage of the FX700s is all there. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #981 of 1,687
^ Interesting, from memory the FX500 were more v-shaped than the FX700 and vocals seemed noticably more laid-back. They did have less mid-bass emphasis though, but overall I'd still think the FX700 are better balanced. But I concur, a lot of the FX700's strengths are there and they're definitely worth considering.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #982 of 1,687
- hey guys, im back for more questions! 

have anybody tried using the SM3s with a 75ohm impedance adaptor? if so, could you elaborate on the changes in sound? are the highs more prominent? 

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #985 of 1,687

Quote:
Nice! Please post impressions of the v2's once you have them! 

Got an e-mail that they were shipped from France. I expect that they will arrive in the next few days/ beginning of next week. As said before, I will atleast provide some pictures when I receive them. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #987 of 1,687
Comfort is definetely improved! As for sound I can not say that much as I am not an expert/ bad at describing.
But I'm guessing it is more of a big room sound, sounding more spacious and clear.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #988 of 1,687
There is a L and a R stating the left and right in-ear. 
And I know some of you are eager to know this, the length of the ''top of the cable'' to the Y cable is approximately 30 cm. 
And the part of the cable that comes out of the driver has a tube around it, making it impossible for it to bend. I do not know if you can remove this or that you can bend it if you push pressure on it or not. I have no difficulties with it as it is now so I will just leave it this way. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #989 of 1,687
Does anyone besides me wear their SM3s over the ear, but with the y-splitter in the front? When I do this with my v1s, the cable somehow always gets twisted in such a manner that turning my head left or right will create a "bubble" in the cord right behind my ears. This is extremely bothersome, to the point that I will take them off and attempt to straighten out the cable. For some reason I find this quite difficult. Sometimes I just cannot get it to lay like it should and there's these weird kinks and twists all down the length of the cable right up to the plug. Hopefully this is easier to visualize than it is to describe...

I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some insight as to what I'm doing wrong. I can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm very mindful when inserting/removing them to not rotate the drivers or the plug. Perhaps it's something in the way I wear them? Any input would be greatly appreciated. How do YOU detange your iem cables? Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back