DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #5,536 of 14,084
I played a file (voice, not music) on a SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus (with rockbox) connected to the Sound Devices HX3 and also to the GKC 600 which I believe to be good quality amplifiers. As I turned up the volume (on both the player and the amplifier) the sound distorted quite a bit. I was wondering if using the DX50 without an amplifier would be able to give me the volume without the distortion.

May 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #5,537 of 14,084
I played a file (voice, not music) on a SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus (with rockbox) connected to the Sound Devices HX3 and also to the GKC 600 which I believe to be good quality amplifiers. As I turned up the volume (on both the player and the amplifier) the sound distorted quite a bit. I was wondering if using the DX50 without an amplifier would be able to give me the volume without the distortion.

Is it possible that you may be overdriving your phones rather than having an issue with your sources? Also, are you using a line-out from the Clip or using the headphone out? If you are using the headphone out with increased volume, you are clearly overdriving your amp.

May 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #5,539 of 14,084
I am using the headphone out as there is no line out on the Sansa Clip. Are you not supposed to use the headphone out? Wouldn't it be an option to use the headphone out with the DX90?

That's the problem. You are double-amping. Connecting to an external amp needs or at least is best through a Lineout. So you feed the amp the cleanest signal as possible coming from the DAC.

May 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #5,540 of 14,084
Thank you for the info. I didn't realize that I needed a line out for best amplification results. People say that the headphone out of the clip has a very clean sound, but it seems like it's still not the same as a line out connection. Also, aren't these amplifiers called "headphone amplifiers" which would imply a connection to the headphone out?

May 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5,542 of 14,084
My thoughts, bass was reduced, airy and more wide soundstage, SQ for me became more balance and neutral. Due to the reduced bass I find the dynamics and musicality lacking(this was 1st impressions). But then the neutrality and more detailed SQ got me for me to like it. Maybe you should give it a shot and hear what you really want.. Again just my thoughts and still a personal preference..

Totally agreed!

May 23, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #5,543 of 14,084
Thank you for the info. I didn't realize that I needed a line out for best amplification results. People say that the headphone out of the clip has a very clean sound, but it seems like it's still not the same as a line out connection. Also, aren't these amplifiers called "headphone amplifiers" which would imply a connection to the headphone out?

That implies that they amplify the signal for a headphone

May 23, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #5,544 of 14,084
I am confused , which one I should buy   
ph34r.gif

iem :   inear stage driver 3  
bigsmile_face.gif

dx90  or dx 100

I think I should buy dx90 because  usb charge ,   replaceable battery  , especially small and light ( 400 gr ) , easy to use than dx100 ( I heard dx100 screen not good , some bugs vs )

Am I right ?

May 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #5,545 of 14,084
  I am confused , which one I should buy   
ph34r.gif

iem :   inear stage driver 3  
bigsmile_face.gif

dx90  or dx 100

I think I should buy dx90 because  usb charge ,   replaceable battery  , especially small and light ( 400 gr ) , easy to use than dx100 ( I heard dx100 screen not good , some bugs vs )

Am I right ?

Well, what IEM(s) do you already own?

May 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #5,546 of 14,084
I am confused , which one I should buy   :ph34r:

iem :   inear stage driver 3  :bigsmile_face:

dx90  or dx 100

Am I right ?

Well, what IEM(s) do you already own?

It's right there in his comment :D

InEar stage 3 driver

I think you should buy the DX90 too for the exact reasons you gave. :beerchug:

May 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #5,548 of 14,084
LOL - that is funny - I see now.

When I originally read the post, I thought it was saying there was a choice between buying a new IEM (Stage Diver 3) OR buying a new DAP.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #5,549 of 14,084
  LOL - that is funny - I see now.

When I originally read the post, I thought it was saying there was a choice between buying a new IEM (Stage Diver 3) OR buying a new DAP.
biggrin.gif

hehehe no problem  
beerchug.gif

I said that   dx90 or dx100  than   I should  buy dx90

May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #5,550 of 14,084
Yeah, for your needs, definitely a DX90.

I had a DX100 and it sounded fantastic but it was such a big heavy brick (and it had no hardware [REW]  [FFW] buttons) that it was a nightmare to use in my pocket.

DX90 would certainly suit you much better than DX100.

But it is only fair to point out that you should expect a few bugs/glitches, as is (unfortunately) quite common with audiophile DAPs.

If you can't, or are not willing to, handle a few bugs, as the firmware evolves, then you should stick to Apple or Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back