DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #5,552 of 14,084
Been using FW 2.0.5 for four days.

Taking my Rockbox iPod 5G, Sony XBA-H3 and Fitear TG334 to the mix:
- V2.0.0 the TG334 sounds perfect on DX90 compared to 5G, deeper bass, good mid and great treble presence . H3 is almost equal on both with better bass on DX90 and more resolving treble on 5G. But I prefer to use the Sony with 5G than DX90 though.
- V2.0.5 changes everything... DX90 and H3 are perfect combo now, even better than when paired with 5G iPod. More controlled bass, more realistic treble (non plastic)  and retain the good mid. While TG334 sounds like a big mess in this FW version, long sssssibilance and a touch too warm on lower mid. So, yeah TG334 is best paired with the 5G at the moment.

Anyway, I would suggest that those who says V2.0.0 is better than V2.0.5 or vice versa please share your IEMs/headphones model, observation and comparisons so we can have general idea how the two DX90 firmware pair with different cans. Thanks!

May 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #5,553 of 14,084
Mython wouldn't know he does not have the DX90 and I would not know about the DX100 I don't own one so you're on your own
wink.gif

DX90 is more hip, cool so go for the DX90!
biggrin.gif

LOL - that is a regrettably true fact, I can't deny it, but there's absolutely no way I could let someone with those requirements get a DX100 - it'd end in tears, a hernia, or both!

And yeah, DX90 is more fashionable, which is the main thing - A&K have taught me that 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5,554 of 14,084

- V2.0.0 the TG334 sounds perfect on DX90 compared to 5G, deeper bass, good mid and great treble presence . H3 is almost equal on both with better bass on DX90 and more resolving treble on 5G. But I prefer to use the Sony with 5G than DX90 though.
- V2.0.5 changes everything... DX90 and H3 are perfect combo now, even better than when paired with 5G iPod. More controlled bass, more realistic treble (non plastic)  and retain the good mid. While TG334 sounds like a big mess in this FW version, long sssssibilance and a touch too warm on lower mid. So, yeah TG334 is best paired with the 5G at the moment.

Anyway, I would suggest that those who says V2.0.0 is better than V2.0.5 or vice versa please share your IEMs/headphones model, observation and comparisons so we can have general idea how the two DX90 firmware pair with different cans. Thanks!

I think you should buy another DX90 and put the different firmware on each, don't forget to mark which is which then you can enjoy both without having to painfully flash back and forth between different versions and if you have enough cash then one for each future version, just saying.

Then by all means say what iem/ciem/phone you recommend for each. :p

Seriously though someone made the suggestion to build a table on the first page listing versions and recommended synergetic phones for each, that would be grand.

@jaygotmymotto8 are you there buddy? Would be nice if you add this table to the first page. :beerchug:

May 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #5,555 of 14,084
Nah... I'm done with 2.0.0. The UI speed and touch feels a lot better on 2.0.5. Sound-wise, it is pros and cons on my two frequently used IEMs. So 2.0.5 is a plus in my case.

Good idea though. Jamato8 maybe kind enough to add the table to first page 
atsmile.gif

May 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,556 of 14,084
Mython wouldn't know he does not have the DX90 and I would not know about the DX100 I don't own one so you're on your own
wink.gif

DX90 is more hip, cool so go for the DX90!
biggrin.gif

Actually there is a big problem I have

Sound is important for me but  at the same time   my  heart    say that you should try sony F886

I am very very confused ,   I want to good listen with my sd3 and also chating , radio , ethernet so f886 can do that

I am not professional , if dx90 and sony f886 are close in terms of sound ,  I will buy sony f886 

oooooffff   I dont know What I will buy   ........................

*** my english not good   you should know this  ^_^  you know grammer rules etc

May 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #5,557 of 14,084

Sound is important for me but  at the same time   my  heart    say that you should try sony F886

I am very very confused ,   I want to good listen with my sd3 and also chating , radio , ethernet so f886 can do that

I am not professional , if dx90 and sony f886 are close in terms of sound ,  I will buy sony f886 

Hmmm... well if you want to chat, listen to the radio, access the internet, etc., then the DX90 is not best for you, as it seems you may actually be looking for a multi-functional device - so much so that I'm almost tempted to suggest an iPod Touch, HTC One M8 , or, as you've already mentioned, a Sony NW-F886.

You've arrived in this DX90 thread perhaps not fully realising that iBasso stuff is mostly aimed at audiophile geeks who are interested in sound quality more than multi-functionality. It's not a 'snob' thing, it's just that different people have different priorities and the DX90 (and DX100) are aimed at people whose biggest priority is sound quality, with other functions (broadly-speaking!) being secondary.

May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,558 of 14,084

Good question. I use my GR-07 MkII with version 2.05. Much better sound pairing than 2.00.
With Westone 4s, 2.00 is the better pairing.

May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #5,559 of 14,084

If sound quality is important and you love to chat, radio and internet. Look no further, ZX1 is the one for you.
I have tried F886, but never really like it. I will get DX90 or even 50 over it. Again, go try them out first and choose wisely. Our impressions may be different 
wink.gif

May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #5,560 of 14,084

I can tell you that the pairing for the SD3 with the DX90 is awesome, I only have the F807, but for me the DX90 is much better than the F807 with the SD3. The DX90 can be used also as a DAC (win32 for the moment), if you have a laptop you can listen to your streaming ...

May 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5,561 of 14,084
If sound quality is important and you love to chat, radio and internet. Look no further, ZX1 is the one for you.
I have tried F886, but never really like it. I will get DX90 or even 50 over it. Again, go try them out first and choose wisely. Our impressions may be different :wink:  

When I bought dx90, I immediately sold zx1. With my Roxanne's it's just sound better.

May 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #5,562 of 14,084

FW v2.0.0 and Roxanne's sound much better then v2.0.5.

May 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #5,563 of 14,084
If you need a forceful and rich bass to send through your phones/iems/ciems and you don't want to loose the highs response, version 2.0.0 is definitively for you. IMO version 2.0.5 is bass anemic and highs strident. If you are allergic to accentuated highs you are going to hate 2.0.5 but again some people will equate it as being detailed which to my point of view is truly debatable. Loosing the bass response to me is unforgivable. I want the dap to really shake my phones when I hit those low notes, 2.0.5 just does not do that.

May 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #5,564 of 14,084
For those who want your IEM listed with a particular FW, if that is what you want, then highlight the IEM and the FW and what you hear. I don't want to search all the comments for each one but if they are highlighted, it would make it easier to go back over the last few pages and pull the info to the first page. 

May 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #5,565 of 14,084
If you need a forceful and rich bass to send through your phones/iems/ciems and you don't want to loose the highs response, version 2.0.0 is definitively for you. IMO version 2.0.5 is bass anemic and highs strident. If you are allergic to accentuated highs you are going to hate 2.0.5 but again some people will equate it as being detailed which to my point of view is truly debatable. Loosing the bass response to me is unforgivable. I want the dap to really shake my phones when I hit those low notes, 2.0.5 just does not do that.

Yuck. Gonna stick with 2.0.0 for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back