DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #5,566 of 14,084
When I bought dx90, I immediately sold zx1. With my Roxanne's it's just sound better.

eek.gif
 hımmm I am going to buy DX90   
beerchug.gif
    it is over

May 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,568 of 14,084

You give up very easily.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Yes , I agree with you

for example in my life , I bought vsonic gr07 mk2  , sound was very good  but gr07 cable wasn't   suitable for me ...

I mean cable is huge  than 2 weeks later ,  I sold it 
confused_face(1).gif

another example is you know  that   DX100  ,  Sony F886 , and finally DX90  

maybe tomorrow  DX 1500   
ksc75smile.gif
  who knows? 

May 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #5,569 of 14,084

Yes , I agree with you

for example in my life , I bought vsonic gr07 mk2  , sound was very good  but gr07 cable wasn't   suitable for me ,  I mean cable is huge  than 2 weeks later ,  I sold it 
confused_face(1).gif

another example is you know   ,  DX100  ,  Sony F886 , and finally DX90  

maybe tomorrow  DX 1500   
ksc75smile.gif

No worries - as long as you enjoy the hobby, that's all that matters. Me, I love pleasing my ears.
gs1000.gif

May 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #5,570 of 14,084
Will DX90 work as a DAC / Amp for Mac? I see they are working on the Windows side. 

May 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #5,572 of 14,084
  Will DX90 work as a DAC / Amp for Mac? I see they are working on the Windows side. 

They will try, from what has been said. Maybe I will send them my Mac. lol would love to have it work with Mac. Maybe I will get Parallel software for my mac and I can run Windows on it and there you go! I want to run Windows for some apps anyway. 

May 23, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #5,573 of 14,084
  Maybe I will get Parallel software for my mac and I can run Windows on it and there you go! I want to run Windows for some apps anyway. 

I have been quietly wondering about this, but my old Mac is a G4, so I don't know how well newer Intel-based Mac function using Windows Emulation (substantially better, I presume, but, generally-speaking, ports do not usually emulate well).

I suppose the most successful method might be to just go ahead and install Win7 32bit as a Dual-Boot configuration, alongside OSX.

May 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #5,574 of 14,084

I have been quietly wondering about this, but my old Mac is a G4, so I don't know how well newer Intel-based Mac function using Windows Emulation (substantially better, I presume, but, generally-speaking, ports do not usually emulate well).

I suppose the most successful method might be to just go ahead and install Win7 32bit as a Dual-Boot configuration, alongside OSX.

The Parallels actually for most, works better and is faster as you can go back and forth on one screen and you don't have to use Boot Camp. I spoke with a Mac tech guy and he much prefers Parallels over all the other software and over Boot Camp. I don't think the G4 is going to work though. I plan on getting a new MacBook Pro very soon. I will run Parallels. The only thing is, from what I have read, when you upgrade your Mac OS, Parallels doesn't work on the new OS. 

May 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #5,576 of 14,084
  Hi. Where do you buy your DX90, from amazon or directly from ibasso?

Depends on where you live. If you live in the U.S., you can get it from Amazon from the seller ProStudio Sound & Music and delivery should be faster. Outside of U.S., you can buy it from iBasso since they ship internationally but beware of customs.

May 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5,579 of 14,084
FW v2.0.0 and Roxanne's sound much better then v2.0.5.

Funny, I liked it the other way around. Roxanne and 2.0.5 with slow roll-off. in comparison, 2.0.0 is too analytical on Roxanne. Very sharp details with very distinct instrument separation. It's feels like its a big soundstage and so many empty spaces between each elements (instruments) in the music.

2.0.5 on slow roll off makes Roxanne sound like filling those empty spaces a bit without making details overlap. Of course, some may think that the sound is somewhat muddier. But to my ears, Roxanne has never sound this natural while maintaining high detail resolution and good imaging.

May 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #5,580 of 14,084

Parallels and VMWare are in mature state now to a point that dual-booting a Mac doesn't make sense anymore. I used parallels to run Windows and all hardware I hook up through USB works like a charm on virtualized Windows. But I am not going to use Windows just to run DX90 as a DAC. I have not upgraded my parallels yet so it runs on Maverick. To be honest I don't want to go back to Windows. Everything I used now are available in MacOSX. Except the USB DAC for DX90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back