DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #8,431 of 14,084
did you receive your package without any problems with customs ?

very interested in aqcuiring it , i too  live in Europe (Greece)

cheers

i got it without any problems :) pay via paypall! Check first if its in stock :wink: i got it within 3 days lol thats very impressive for a store in hongkong. Hmm will the malakas in greece deliver it in time for you? :D

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #8,432 of 14,084
i got it without any problems
smily_headphones1.gif
pay via paypall! Check first if its in stock
wink.gif
i got it within 3 days lol thats very impressive for a store in hongkong. Hmm will the malakas in greece deliver it in time for you?
biggrin.gif

definitely pay by Paypal - don't want to lose my money
wink.gif

lol , hoping for no malakes between the dx90 and me
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #8,433 of 14,084
Possibly playing 1,10,11,12,...,2,3,4

Try left padding the one digit track numbers and filenames with 0

Thanks for the advice

The file names are numbered correctly ie 01, 02 etc

However when I look at the Music Info on the DX90 as well as File there is Title, and Title is inconsistant - some have numbers at the beginning and some do not.  Problem is I do not know how to change this, as on my Macbook when I look at the files, all I see is the correctly numbered File Name and Title is unnumbered,  and if I remove the number from the file of course they get alphabetised...

Files I have ripped from CD all have 01 02 etc at the start of the Title, so it is the tracks without numbers in the Title that are throwing out the correct playback sequence.

Any ideas how to solve this?  This is annoying 

UPDATE - Updated firmware. Seems to fix the sequencing. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #8,434 of 14,084
dalai lama wisdom post

bravo.

Quote:
  From the perspective of high end audio, where everything makes a difference, from reseating the RCA plug to remove oxide buildup, applying a cleaner, like Caig Pro-Gold to plugs, and all metal to metal contact surfaces. I highly recommend this for earphone headphone contacts, plugs, etc., BTW.  This is the cheapest and simplest improvement you can do, with major effects on the SQ, due to removing oxide buildup, and providing a good metal to metal contact.  Should be done periodically.  This Caig Pro Gold, and a German product called Cramolin (which I cannot find anymore) are the only contact cleaners I found that  really work, and over an extended period of time.  If you've never tried them, you'll be amazed at the difference a clean contact can provide. 

People should keep in mind that discussion and feedback is a civil medium, preferably between people with the same interests.  When done positively, the result is beneficial to everyone.  Keep in mind that both sides do have the same interest, and keep the discussion positive.  Neither side owes anything to the other, and when there is no benefit, either side can walk away.  For us users, we all vote with our wallets.  Find something that is better, and also a good value, and we will move on to the next "best value".

For me, the DX90 is a blast, as it is offering a SQ that is rivaling DAPS costing 3-6 times more.  Yes, the DX90  is not perfect, but it is pretty good for the money, and it is also making music more enjoyable and affordable.  For that, I have a lot of patience and forgiveness for the negatives that are present, which I am choosing to live with.  Everything is about balance, whether the positives override the negatives.  This is true of your work, your mate, your hobby.

Case in point, each fw version has a different SS (Sound Signature).  You can look on that as a positive or a negative.  On the positive side, you can pick whichever one you like, and that has synergy with your equipment, and use that one.  Isn't it nice that you have a choice? 

After all, there  is  absolutely no way to make 100% of the people happy, given this super finicky audience.  Every choice has tradeoffs, for the Manufacturer as well as the user.  That is  the name of the hobby,  and I am sure that we each want our own choice.  And deservedly so.  I want my biases, no matter whether other people believe in them or not. 
High end audio is by it's nature imperfect, as we happily change batteries, cables, IEMs, DAPs, Amps. 

Look around at your non-audiophile friends, who are not afflicted with this disease. They are supremely happy with their Radio Shack setup, while you are agonizing on DAPS, amps, silver cables, versus silver plated,   BA versus Dynamic, hybrids, multi-driver IEMS at ridiculous prices that could be enough for a down payment on a car.

Just remember that you could choose to be like them, happy with a simple setup, with no urge to upgrade/change, or be constantly evaluating the SS/SQ after every change of hw or fw.

But admit it.  You are happy with the state of the art, and not having perfection, which you would find boring. 

So have a beer ( or a couple), enjoy the music, and look forward to what you can change next. 

Me, I'm thinking about paralleling two batteries to see what it sounds like, and whether it is better than the single Japan/China battery (of which I have 3 !), as soon as I am back home in about 2 weeks. 

But I am already happy with the way it sounds now, on 2.1, with a Japan/China battery, so I get to satisfy my further curiosity, with nothing to lose.  The DX90, paired with an IE800, I am finding pretty enjoyable.  More than any previous setup I have had before, so for that, I am happy with iBasso, and the DX90.

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #8,435 of 14,084
Hey guys, I've been lurking around for quite sometime now.

I've had my DX90 for a while, but since yesterday, whenever I am charging, my DX90 gets way too hot, too hot to handle.

I opened the back to take off the battery and I see that it looks swollen, I can't put the case back on until it cooled down.

After putting it back on, the DAP can be turned on, but the battery life is way shorter.

Is it just the battery? Because if it is, I will just get a replacement battery tomorrow, the DAP is still under warranty, but I don't want to go into the trouble of sending it over to iBasso.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #8,436 of 14,084

I've had my DX90 for a while, but since yesterday, whenever I am charging, my DX90 gets way too hot, too hot to handle.

I opened the back to take off the battery and I see that it looks swollen, I can't put the case back on until it cooled down.

After putting it back on, the DAP can be turned on, but the battery life is way shorter.

Is it just the battery? Because if it is, I will just get a replacement battery tomorrow, the DAP is still under warranty, but I don't want to go into the trouble of sending it over to iBasso.

You need a new battery. You can get one on Amazon by Anker. They aren't very expensive. If it does it again then something would be wrong with the charging unit of the 90 and you would need to send it back to iBasso. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #8,438 of 14,084
I just received my dx90 today put rockbox on it am already impressed with the quality. I think I'll lose the iPhone Headstage arrow combo. Gonna burn in the 400 hours and hopefully get my roxanne soon

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #8,439 of 14,084

I just got my new/spare battery today.  Plugged it in and it works like a charm.  More capacity too!  (The OEM PISEN battery only has 2100mah)
3800mah High Capacity Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 From USA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JKKDCW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #8,440 of 14,084
Sorry to tell you. That battery does not have 3800mah capacity. It is 2100mAh. I bought one of them a while ago. It works great but is not in any way bigger than the stock battery that came with the DX90. Kinda misleading but you know what they say about if it sounds too good to be true. A true 3800mAh battery will be twice as thick unfortunately.

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #8,441 of 14,084
Have a look at www.ibasso.com in the Where to Buy Section e.g. http://hdphns.com/nl/catalogsearch/result/?q=Dx90

The Spanish shop price is good also.

I bought mine at hdphns.com on their french site - they forgot to change the "precommand price" and I've got my DX90 for 300 euros. After that, they updated the price.

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #8,443 of 14,084
  Sorry to tell you. That battery does not have 3800mah capacity. It is 2100mAh. I bought one of them a while ago. It works great but is not in any way bigger than the stock battery that came with the DX90. Kinda misleading but you know what they say about if it sounds too good to be true. A true 3800mAh battery will be twice as thick unfortunately.

Well, I'll say that I'm only half-disappointed.  (You're right about it sounding too good to be true;  I had a nagging suspicion, but figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.)  It's not like I paid MORE for the battery based on capacity, though I think that it SUCKS that they are willingly misrepresenting a product to the public, and that I just rewarded their behavior.  Why be honest if dishonest practices bring in the bucks?  (Aside from the obvious reasons...)  If it wasn't unfair to Amazon, I'd return it and get a similarly-priced advertised 2100mah battery.  If I had a definitive metric to measure the battery with, I'd publish my findings, and ask that Amazon consider "encouraging" the seller to amend their misleading copy...

In the mean-time, I'll be satisfied with doubling my run-time via this new battery.  also, I have two portable USB battery packs that I can keep the DX90 running all day with.  Anker® Astro Pro2 20000mAh & an Energizer "XPAL" XP18000 as well as a couple of iGO chargers that run off of 2 AA batteries.  (I keep about 20 AA Eneloops and 10 or so AA Duracells in my bag at all times since Photography is my other love, and I always want fresh batteries on-hand for my flash units.)  In other words, I don't foresee my DX90 running dry any time during one of my trips in the near-future.

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #8,445 of 14,084
I am so close to pulling the trigger, and buying myself a DX90.  I have a question though... Do people usually pair it with a headphone amp?  I haven't seen any pictures of this, usually its just the DX90 on its own.

Currently, I have a FiiO X5, paired with FiiO's E12 amp, and I bought FiiO's new X1 on a whim, and paired it with the FiiO E11K.

I want to branch out, and try something other than FiiO, but I like the whole "stack" idea with an amp underneath.  Is there amp people usually pair the DX90 (or even DX50) with?  And if not, why not?

I don't necessarily need the amp most of the time... honestly, I just love the look of the rigs, and the oogly eyes people give you when you pull the monsters out of your pocket.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back