DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #8,461 of 14,084
Either DX90 or X5 will be a great dap that you should be happy with for a long time.

The short cable in the DX90 box is a dedicated burn in cable that you plug into the headphone out and then leave the DX90 on random repeat for 3-400 hours play to reach it's full potential, or you could just start listening and ler it burn in as you go along enjoying the music. Btw. be aware that they both use micro SD cards and not full size SD.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #8,462 of 14,084
  I am so close to pulling the trigger, and buying myself a DX90.  I have a question though... Do people usually pair it with a headphone amp?  I haven't seen any pictures of this, usually its just the DX90 on its own.

Currently, I have a FiiO X5, paired with FiiO's E12 amp, and I bought FiiO's new X1 on a whim, and paired it with the FiiO E11K.

I want to branch out, and try something other than FiiO, but I like the whole "stack" idea with an amp underneath.  Is there amp people usually pair the DX90 (or even DX50) with?  And if not, why not?

I don't necessarily need the amp most of the time... honestly, I just love the look of the rigs, and the oogly eyes people give you when you pull the monsters out of your pocket.

Thanks!

I like mine stacked with E18's amp for HD700 and SE 846. Rest of the iems do not benefit from an external amp.

Oct 12, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #8,463 of 14,084
Mp3tag can tell you size and resolution

Sorry for the delay in answering but thanks for the tip, it worked!

I managed to find and add the column which shows album cover size. I had a few album covers over 2-3MB.
Changed these files and also some tags with odd track number info (1/15, 01/20, etc) and now DX90 scans a whole 64Gb SD card (with 45Gb of 320kbps MP3's) in around 80seconds. Great stuff!
cool.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #8,464 of 14,084
has anyone paired DX90 with Hifiman's RE-600 ?

how is their synergy ?

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #8,465 of 14,084
  has anyone paired DX90 with Hifiman's RE-600 ?

how is their synergy ?

The sound is very good. A very decent depth to the soundstage and realistic vocals. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #8,467 of 14,084
Does anyone run their dx90 with a balance amp? And how much improvement going balanced with dx90.

Look at the prior page. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #8,468 of 14,084
Dx90 sounds even more better with a balanced amp like the PB2

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #8,469 of 14,084
Yes the DX90 does improve with all my balanced phones with the SR71-B but not so much that I would have gone out and bought the amp for this purpose (except with the HE-500) but since I already had it I use and enjoy it.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #8,472 of 14,084
i realise the burn in cable is for the headphone out, but should you also be burning in the line out or coax out if you intend on using them?

No, the whole unit is undergoing burn in when you plug into the headphone out

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #8,474 of 14,084
  Hi All, 

First time posting!! Woot Woot. Anyway. I am in the process of purchasing the DX90, along with the Sandisk 128gb SDXC card, and the ATH-M50xBL Headphones. I have a few questions, I am hoping to get answered.

1. What is the cable called I see a lot of people have that is directly plugged into the unit, and then plugs into the headphones. Its only about three inches long, mind the long question's this will be my first DAP, and i just want to get the best quality connections for purest of sound. Seems like its some sort of filter or something but I am having trouble finding it.

2.  As this being my first DAP, I have done some research on both the Fiio X5 and the iBasso DX90 and have come to choose the DX90. Simply because of user interface, seems to be more user friendly on the DX90. The question is being a first time poster and DAPPER! Will this unit suffice my lack of knowledge in never ending abyss of Technology progression? I learn fast but want to make sure the 700 bucks I am investing will be worth it. As far as files and things go I am sure I will learn the best quality and such over time. But just asking about how easy it is to put music onto one of these player's?

3. Third, is the ATH-M50xBL a wise investment for listening to trance and techno edm style music. I have read a lot of reviews and just want some one's advice who's maybe listening on that specific pair, and music type...Or Has. 

4. And Lastly would all of the products I am going to be purchasing be a good Investment to break into the DAP society?

Thanks All for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. And sorry if I am posting in the wrong section I am new to all of this!!

LsTn2MaGic 

1. Personally, I'm not a cable's believer guy. And I don't think the dx90 need any filtering.

2. Putting music is about simple as putting music in an usb key/drive. Hot switch sdcard without problems, so you can considering two 64GB if you want to spare a few $$$.  

3. For trance / techno / idm, I definitively recommend Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (If you can get it at the 150$/€ price tag, don't hesitate one second). With velours pad for more comfort (and more airy sound, with less bass and isolation) if you can afford it. I choose it over the Audio-Technica, and I don't regret it. But ATH50 is a good choice too.

4. There is always a cheaper choice, and there is always a better quality choice. Ultimately the decision is yours, but I guarantee than you will be pleased with the dx90, no doubt. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back