DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #8,446 of 14,084
  I am so close to pulling the trigger, and buying myself a DX90.  I have a question though... Do people usually pair it with a headphone amp?  I haven't seen any pictures of this, usually its just the DX90 on its own.

Currently, I have a FiiO X5, paired with FiiO's E12 amp, and I bought FiiO's new X1 on a whim, and paired it with the FiiO E11K.

I want to branch out, and try something other than FiiO, but I like the whole "stack" idea with an amp underneath.  Is there amp people usually pair the DX90 (or even DX50) with?  And if not, why not?

I don't necessarily need the amp most of the time... honestly, I just love the look of the rigs, and the oogly eyes people give you when you pull the monsters out of your pocket.

Thanks!

I've been pairing my dx90 with C5D amp on and off. When I combine those two there is a flatter response. Bass is slightly less (if I keep bass standard on C5D) and treble doesn't sparkle as much. The mids seem more up front. I love this player by itself. Someone mentioned being able to just throw it into your shirt pocket and that's what I like. No more thick stack! 

If you do get it I would like to hear your impression compared to X5. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #8,447 of 14,084
  I am so close to pulling the trigger, and buying myself a DX90.  I have a question though... Do people usually pair it with a headphone amp?  I haven't seen any pictures of this, usually its just the DX90 on its own.

Currently, I have a FiiO X5, paired with FiiO's E12 amp, and I bought FiiO's new X1 on a whim, and paired it with the FiiO E11K.

I want to branch out, and try something other than FiiO, but I like the whole "stack" idea with an amp underneath.  Is there amp people usually pair the DX90 (or even DX50) with?  And if not, why not?

I don't necessarily need the amp most of the time... honestly, I just love the look of the rigs, and the oogly eyes people give you when you pull the monsters out of your pocket.

Thanks!

I have the DX90 and I use it through my Schiit ASGARD 2 amplifier when driving my Sennheiser HD-650s because they just keep sounding better as you throw more capable amplifiers at them.  For all my other headphones and In Ear Monitors (IEMs), the amp in the DX90 is so good that I don't really need anything else.  I can use the DX90 without an amp on the HD-650s and have adequate volume in a quiet room, but it just isn't as "fulfilling" a listen as it is when the HD-650s are properly-driven.  All that said, the HD-650s ARE the only headphones in our house that the DX90 doesn't provide more than enough power for.  Graco SR-225e, VMODAs, Koss Porta-Pros, Photive PH-BTX6, etc... all sound awesome through the DX90 without it even being set to HIGH gain.  So your question really depends on what headphones you intend to use your DX90 with.

I too have the FIIO e17, and to be honest, I have relegated it to the role of dedicated DAC for our home theater since the DX90 doesn't need amplification help like our APPLE devices (iPADs & iPhones) do. Beside driver signature issues, I have experienced serious audio lag when using the DX90 as a DAC for video.  The FIIO e17 does it perfectly without any issue, so I just leave it hooked-up between our Media PC and our home theater.  (It does a great job!)  New drivers may fix the video lag issue with the DX90, but I can only tell you about my experiences now.

That is my GOOD-->BAD-->UGLY summary.  I highly-recommend the DX90.  It is easily the best sounding media player in our home - mobile, ,desktop, component, or otherwise.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #8,448 of 14,084
I've been running iphone 5 and Headstage Arrow..I just recently got my DX90 and I don't really feel like it needs an amp.

Quote:

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #8,449 of 14,084
has anybody in Europe ordered from here ? Is it legit ?

thanx, i have doubts whether this is a scam site or not

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ibasso-dx90-high-performance-digital-audio-player-dual-mono-dac-aufbau-en.html

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #8,450 of 14,084

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ibasso-dx90-high-performance-digital-audio-player-dual-mono-dac-aufbau-en.html

send you a PM regarding buying DX90 in EU.

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #8,451 of 14,084
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Original-OEM-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-L710-T999-i747-EB-L1G6LLA-Battery-/360994405325
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLA-Samsung-Galaxy-S-3-III-4G-i9300-Battery-NFC-2100-mAh-/191023656414

If you want to buy one from amazon, I'd buy it directly from amazon and not a third party seller

one of the 2 is currently on sale 50% off , for the next 19 hours

maybe someone wanna check it out

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #8,452 of 14,084
  I've been pairing my dx90 with C5D amp on and off. When I combine those two there is a flatter response. Bass is slightly less (if I keep bass standard on C5D) and treble doesn't sparkle as much. The mids seem more up front. I love this player by itself. Someone mentioned being able to just throw it into your shirt pocket and that's what I like. No more thick stack! 

@wmedrz I'll definitely take that into consideration.  I've heard from others that the DX90 simply doesn't need an amp in most cases.  When I get one (it's only a matter of time... :p ) I'll definitely keep you in mind, and do a thorough A/B comparison, and my impressions of the two.

I have the DX90 and I use it through my Schiit ASGARD 2 amplifier when driving my Sennheiser HD-650s because they just keep sounding better as you throw more capable amplifiers at them.  For all my other headphones and In Ear Monitors (IEMs), the amp in the DX90 is so good that I don't really need anything else.  I can use the DX90 without an amp on the HD-650s and have adequate volume in a quiet room, but it just isn't as "fulfilling" a listen as it is when the HD-650s are properly-driven.  All that said, the HD-650s ARE the only headphones in our house that the DX90 doesn't provide more than enough power for.  Graco SR-225e, VMODAs, Koss Porta-Pros, Photive PH-BTX6, etc... all sound awesome through the DX90 without it even being set to HIGH gain.  So your question really depends on what headphones you intend to use your DX90 with.

I too have the FIIO e17, and to be honest, I have relegated it to the role of dedicated DAC for our home theater since the DX90 doesn't need amplification help like our APPLE devices (iPADs & iPhones) do. Beside driver signature issues, I have experienced serious audio lag when using the DX90 as a DAC for video.  The FIIO e17 does it perfectly without any issue, so I just leave it hooked-up between our Media PC and our home theater.  (It does a great job!)  New drivers may fix the video lag issue with the DX90, but I can only tell you about my experiences now.

That is my GOOD-->BAD-->UGLY summary.  I highly-recommend the DX90.  It is easily the best sounding media player in our home - mobile, ,desktop, component, or otherwise.

@knorris908 I'm definitely looking into one.  

Can anyone comment on OTG capabilities?  It works well on my X5, and for me, if it doesn't have at least the same level of performance, it could be a deal breaker

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #8,454 of 14,084

C5D in my experience doesn't add anythng to improve DX90. The internal amp delivers more power at 32ohm load. If you prefer C5D paired with DX90. perhaps you don't need a DX90 at all. you can just use a much cheaper DAP to pair with C5D.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #8,455 of 14,084

Can anyone comment on OTG capabilities?  It works well on my X5, and for me, if it doesn't have at least the same level of performance, it could be a deal breaker

Works great, I use it all the time. I use directly to go to all the songs on the external card. I probably use it about 80% of the time. 

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #8,456 of 14,084

I made a comment about this site an another one. It's a Hong Kong based site and it's not 100% sure. You can get your product fast ... or not.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #8,457 of 14,084

Don't know for eglobalcentral, but I got mine in Europe from mp4nation, in about 1 week after the payement by paypal, with free iems and fedex shipping. No custom, they mention "sample, 20$ value" in the package.

If this can help

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #8,458 of 14,084

Don't know for eglobalcentral, but I got mine in Europe from mp4nation, in about 1 week after the payement by paypal, with free iems and fedex shipping. No custom, they mention "sample, 20$ value" in the package.

If this can help

it does - gonna check it out

thanx a lot
beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #8,459 of 14,084

Thanks!

Here you go. Paired with RSA SR71-B

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #8,460 of 14,084
Hi All, 

First time posting!! Woot Woot. Anyway. I am in the process of purchasing the DX90, along with the Sandisk 128gb SDXC card, and the ATH-M50xBL Headphones. I have a few questions, I am hoping to get answered.

1. What is the cable called I see a lot of people have that is directly plugged into the unit, and then plugs into the headphones. Its only about three inches long, mind the long question's this will be my first DAP, and i just want to get the best quality connections for purest of sound. Seems like its some sort of filter or something but I am having trouble finding it.

2.  As this being my first DAP, I have done some research on both the Fiio X5 and the iBasso DX90 and have come to choose the DX90. Simply because of user interface, seems to be more user friendly on the DX90. The question is being a first time poster and DAPPER! Will this unit suffice my lack of knowledge in never ending abyss of Technology progression? I learn fast but want to make sure the 700 bucks I am investing will be worth it. As far as files and things go I am sure I will learn the best quality and such over time. But just asking about how easy it is to put music onto one of these player's?

3. Third, is the ATH-M50xBL a wise investment for listening to trance and techno edm style music. I have read a lot of reviews and just want some one's advice who's maybe listening on that specific pair, and music type...Or Has. 

4. And Lastly would all of the products I am going to be purchasing be a good Investment to break into the DAP society?

Thanks All for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. And sorry if I am posting in the wrong section I am new to all of this!!

LsTn2MaGic 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back