DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 27, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #9,691 of 13,478
ok so here are my impressions without any sugar coating bout ibasso dx 220:

- sony ier z1r--- this iem does not match well at all with ibasso dx 220 with amp1mk2 or amp9, totally bad synergy, the z1r works way better with cayin n6ii and of course with Ak sp2000. With amp9 the sound is muddy lacks detail and is not pleasing at all with dx220 using either amps. With amp1mk2 its better than amp9 but still not great synergy with z1r. Tired everything with amp9 high gain modes for the dac and amp, and switching between gain options, simply no its bad synergy
- noble khan -- is good with ibasso dx220 and I love it with amp9 more than amp1mk2, with amp9 this is good pairing
- noble encore kaiser brass limited edition: was a good pairing with amp9 period. This is an easy to drive iem, but I hear alot alot of noise when I pause the music and raise the volume to max, this happens with all the iems mentioned above but with kaiser more as its a very easy to drive iem, and this happens regardless what output gain you choose, to hear it play some music press pause and then turn to max volume, this is so irritating the noise level amp 9 has is way too much. you can even hear the noise at regular levels between tracks with amp 9

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #9,692 of 13,478
It happened on my DX150 when mixing card reader and player itself. I was only able to see some folders.
Format card with https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ and start from scratch.
I didn’t try this option and as far as I see it’s the only one that I can try because I tried everything.. let’s see later, I will keep updated

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #9,693 of 13,478
That is strange. Never had that happen. First thing I would do is a factory reset and if that doesn't work then a reinstall of the firmware from the 1st page and then update directly to the latest firmware.
I would like to reinstall original dx220 firmware, then latest fw 1.15.233.
I bought the dx220 with fw 1.13.202 installed, it's a re-sealed unit. When I go to settings "Revert to factory settings", I still get fw 1.13.202, is that a problem?
After I click pause, then play, sound plays on only one ear. Also slow response of some commands.
So, how do I delete everything ,instal original fw and update to latest FW.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #9,694 of 13,478
Go to the beginning of this thread (first page) and download the tools and follow the instructions. Thats what I did and it all worked perfectly :).

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #9,695 of 13,478
Ok,thank you.

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #9,696 of 13,478
Anyone from UK received their Amp8EX FE?

I've been told by DHL that their UK account with iBasso has been closed and the package sent back to Hong Kong (full post on EX thread, didn't realize most posts had moved here, I have 200Ti)

Dec 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #9,697 of 13,478
ok so here are my impressions without any sugar coating bout ibasso dx 220:

- sony ier z1r--- this iem does not match well at all with ibasso dx 220 with amp1mk2 or amp9, totally bad synergy, the z1r works way better with cayin n6ii and of course with Ak sp2000. With amp9 the sound is muddy lacks detail and is not pleasing at all with dx220 using either amps. With amp1mk2 its better than amp9 but still not great synergy with z1r. Tired everything with amp9 high gain modes for the dac and amp, and switching between gain options, simply no its bad synergy
- noble khan -- is good with ibasso dx220 and I love it with amp9 more than amp1mk2, with amp9 this is good pairing
- noble encore kaiser brass limited edition: best pairing I ever heard this iem is with amp9 period. This is an easy to drive iem, but I hear alot alot of noise when I pause the music and raise the volume to max, this happens with all the iems mentioned above but with kaiser more as its a very easy to drive iem, and this happens regardless what output gain you choose, to hear it play some music press pause and then turn to max volume, this is so irritating the noise level amp 9 has is way too much. you can even hear the noise at regular levels between tracks with amp 9

I have z1r and amp9, really good combination for me. Very musical. Not muddy at all. I’m using eq setting from oratory1990. Oh also make sure use the 3.5mm cable, don’t use converter.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #9,698 of 13,478
I would like to reinstall original dx220 firmware, then latest fw 1.15.233.
I bought the dx220 with fw 1.13.202 installed, it's a re-sealed unit. When I go to settings "Revert to factory settings", I still get fw 1.13.202, is that a problem?
After I click pause, then play, sound plays on only one ear. Also slow response of some commands.
So, how do I delete everything ,instal original fw and update to latest FW.
I am trying to install original fw v1.08 for dx220 with no success. I get: "Verifying failed,please check yor package".
What do I do?
Edit:
i installed directly fw 1.15.233 and there is a gap between the control of the keys and the playback of the 6-7 seconds.And before installing the last fw it was a latency,but now it has increased.
Edit 2:
It seems that the unpleasant phenomenon of sound disappeared only in one channel aftter restarting the song.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #9,699 of 13,478
I am trying to install original fw v1.08 for dx220 with no success. I get: "Verifying failed,please check yor package".
What do I do?
Edit:
i installed directly fw 1.15.233 and there is a gap between the control of the keys and the playback of the 6-7 seconds.And before installing the last fw it was a latency,but now it has increased.
Edit 2:
It seems that the unpleasant phenomenon of sound disappeared only in one channel aftter restarting the song.
Were you able to overcome the error message you noted about verifying? I had the same issue when trying to install an older FW image using the file linked in the first post of this thread - had success by downloading the file directly from the iBasso website (http://www.ibasso.com/down.php) and using the android tool.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #9,700 of 13,478
Were you able to overcome the error message you noted about verifying? I had the same issue when trying to install an older FW image using the file linked in the first post of this thread - had success by downloading the file directly from the iBasso website (http://www.ibasso.com/down.php) and using the android tool.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Tim
I installed the last fw directly. It looks like the format fw in the first post is not in a format supported by dx220. Can Paul - iBasso check?

Dec 28, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #9,703 of 13,478
Fiio still have until iBasso level .... I bought dx220 after returning a M11 Pro.

Dec 28, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #9,704 of 13,478
It happened on my DX150 when mixing card reader and player itself. I was only able to see some folders.
Format card with https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ and start from scratch.
Nothing... Yesterday I tried to format using this app but still having the same issue

TkzQyeh.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back