DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 24, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #13,036 of 13,478
Apr 24, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #13,038 of 13,478
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #13,039 of 13,478
My AMP8EX-FE is going to PH... kamangha-mangha

have a nice day....

Good Haul. (photo shared by new owner). the link shared by @Lohb all sold out...
1619264157663.png

Apr 24, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #13,040 of 13,478
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #13,041 of 13,478
I plan on selling mine soon (haven't been using it). I have it (stock) with the Amp 8 and Amp 8EX. I'm initially planning to offer only within the U.S. but might be persuaded to ship overseas. it's just been a very long time since I've shipped overseas and I hear the costs are much higher. I'll post again right before I put it up for sale here on the forum. It will be reasonably priced.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #13,042 of 13,478
I plan on selling mine soon (haven't been using it). I have it (stock) with the Amp 8 and Amp 8EX. I'm initially planning to offer only within the U.S. but might be persuaded to ship overseas. it's just been a very long time since I've shipped overseas and I hear the costs are much higher. I'll post again right before I put it up for sale here on the forum. It will be reasonably priced.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends
Hi!
Since you have both amp8 and amp8ex, is there a percievable difference in sound between the two?

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #13,043 of 13,478
Hi!
Since you have both amp8 and amp8ex, is there a percievable difference in sound between the two?
Perceivable? Yes, definitely. But if you want me to characterize the differences, I'd have to go back and give them both a listen. A better option is several folks posted comparisons in this thread. Searching for posts from Whitigir, ExpatinJapan, and others should give you some insight, but the modded Amp (Amp 8EX) was a noticeable improvement.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #13,044 of 13,478
Perceivable? Yes, definitely. But if you want me to characterize the differences, I'd have to go back and give them both a listen. A better option is several folks posted comparisons in this thread. Searching for posts from Whitigir, Expat in Japan, and others should give you some insight, but the modded Amp (Amp 8EX) was a noticeable improvement.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends
I'm sure a modified one will sound different.
I'm just asking to know whether it's worth the jump from amp8 to amp8ex, or better to send my amp8 for modification, or even buy an amp8ex for further modification.
Because I beleive a modified amp8 and a modified amp8ex will probably sound the same.

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #13,045 of 13,478
I'm sure a modified one will sound different.
I'm just asking to know whether it's worth the jump from amp8 to amp8ex, or better to send my amp8 for modification, or even buy an amp8ex for further modification.
Because I beleive a modified amp8 and a modified amp8ex will probably sound the same.
I have the Amp8 Fidelizer Ultimate Mod and vs the stock amp8 no competition...added dynamics, fluidity, decays, bass extension/tightness, veil removal.......
I cannot speak for amp8ex - but I doubt it will have less than that....
The Fidelizer amp mod from Thailand costs a stack of cash maybe, but I was lucky to get it along with a DX220 recently.

Actually, after subscribing to both iBasso DXxx0 threads, this mods thread below maybe more relevent to this stuff...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx200-220-amp8-max-and-other-ex-modifications.898918/

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #13,047 of 13,478
I gave up on my quest to get an AMP8EX and got my Amp8 modded by Fidelizer along with the main unit & Amp9. Modded Amp9 is pretty special.

Totally recommend the Fidelizer option. Very happy with the results and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #13,048 of 13,478
I gave up on my quest to get an AMP8EX and got my Amp8 modded by Fidelizer along with the main unit & Amp9. Modded Amp9 is pretty special.

Totally recommend the Fidelizer option. Very happy with the results and he was a pleasure to deal with.
The amp9 is being sold as modded already or send the amp9 to the modder?

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #13,049 of 13,478
I have the Amp8 Fidelizer Ultimate Mod and vs the stock amp8 no competition...added dynamics, fluidity, decays, bass extension/tightness, veil removal.......
I cannot speak for amp8ex - but I doubt it will have less than that....
The Fidelizer amp mod from Thailand costs a stack of cash maybe, but I was lucky to get it along with a DX220 recently.

Actually, after subscribing to both iBasso DXxx0 threads, this mods thread below maybe more relevent to this stuff...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx200-220-amp8-max-and-other-ex-modifications.898918/

Great info about the Fidelizer mod for amp8 as that was my first thought along with the advanced rom.
It's easier for me to send my amp8 to be modded than have to search for an already modded one.
Btw, I'm already following the DX220 mods thread and requested a modded amp8 but still no response. :wink:
I could do the mods easily 3-4 years ago but my eyes are very bad now at 48. Can't see anything up close even with glasses.
I used to make homage Panerai watches as hobby and now i can't even turn a screw. :frowning2:
The Fidelizer amp8 mod is $499 or is that the actual DX220 modification?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #13,050 of 13,478
Would anyone be interested in stock AMP8+AMP9, 2 for the price of one?
Excellent condition, barely used. I'm in Sweden, but can send overseas.
I might be interested in amp9 although i haven't read any reviews about it.
I'm in Cyprus EU.
I like massive space and details to be honest.
I was looking for amp4s and amp4 before amp8 but i was told the amp8 is better so i stopped looking for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back