DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 24, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #1,126 of 13,478
Please turn the Auto Mute off and see how this works for you.

You can reverse the skip/fwd button setting in Settings. This is an option to customize the buttons. We will have a manual shortly that will explain all of this.

That might solved it. Based on half hour usage, skipping no longer present. Wondering why the option is there in the first place?

Aware there's skip/fwd button behaviour setting however the effect is reversed compared to what's shown. Minor bug easily fixable.

Possible to implement screen double-tap to wake? That will greatly improve the usability (at least for those familiar to the function).

Another potential bug on Mango OS, when press power to turn off screen, the LCD still active albeit backlight is off. I still can see the album cover on the screen at certain angle.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #1,127 of 13,478
This new amp1 module won't have 4.4mm balanced either? Does it come standard with the DX220 or does it also have to be bought separately? When is the expected release date in North America?

Any way to stream with this independently outside?

By any chance has anyone heard the DX220 and amp8 with the IER-Z1R Sony iem, especially in comparison to the Sony daps, mainly the wm1a?

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #1,128 of 13,478
This new amp1 module won't have 4.4mm balanced either? Does it come standard with the DX220 or does it also have to be bought separately? When is the expected release date in North America?

Any way to stream with this independently outside?

By any chance has anyone heard the DX220 and amp8 with the IER-Z1R Sony iem, especially in comparison to the Sony daps, mainly the wm1a?

@Whitigir is definitely your guy for this. :wink:

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #1,129 of 13,478
The Dx200 has been released for two years now, I auditioned it initially and because of the many software glitches and inferior sound to the Sony 1Z at the time I stayed away from the DX200. Now I want to give the DX220 another try but I am scratching my head why is there still constant software glitches after two years. You would think they should have enough time to iron out all the problems out by now. But the Amp8 and the upcoming tube amp sound very interesting.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,130 of 13,478
iBasso DX220 + Campfire Solaris + Plussound GPC :beyersmile:

IMG_20190423_004934_648.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2019-04-22_15-32-18-2.jpg
    photo_2019-04-22_15-32-18-2.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #1,131 of 13,478
The Dx200 has been released for two years now, I auditioned it initially and because of the many software glitches and inferior sound to the Sony 1Z at the time I stayed away from the DX200. Now I want to give the DX220 another try but I am scratching my head why is there still constant software glitches after two years. You would think they should have enough time to iron out all the problems out by now. But the Amp8 and the upcoming tube amp sound very interesting.

First off, the DX220 is a new product, yes an improvement over the DX200 sharing many components, but still a new product. So you will not be giving the DX220 a "second" try. Unless you already have a DX220??
Second, can you go over the software glitches in the DX200? I really want to investigate the possible problems in my well used and loved DX200.

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #1,132 of 13,478
Lowest duration, lasts the shortest amount of time in comparison to other daps with 4.4mm balanced outputs.

How quickly does the battery degrade?
Sony battery last the longest hence has no power. 200 or 350 mw in balance is pretty liw power.

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #1,133 of 13,478
DX220 is not even fully released yet. I imagine it's the same reason new Samsung phones still have bugs on the old version of Android. I'm going to wait for a couple months, but ATM the 220 looks like where I'll throw my ducats.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #1,135 of 13,478
Possible to implement screen double-tap to wake? That will greatly improve the usability (at least for those familiar to the function).

This. It will be a great feature if ibasso implements this.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #1,136 of 13,478
Second, can you go over the software glitches in the DX200? I really want to investigate the possible problems in my well used and loved DX200.

Here ya go:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here.838997/page-22

How about:

"Yeah? Your point? They did over 13+ FW updates and corrected all that and they still follow up "
  • You don't look like a homer
  • You point out iBasso's excellent track record with follow up as they (Paul) are still active in the bug thread
Win....Win

Ya wanna see a video of DX220 struggling? I can help you with that.
You can go check that site with 28 flashing banner adds but I doubt they will tell much besides what you wanna hear. Lemme show ya!! Camera don't lie.
But
I will wait for the FW as any experienced DAP user would do.
You have been here 10 years. There is a thread dedicated to folks who had issues like he stated so enjoy your gear and stop dumping on someone who didn't word a post good enough for you to catch it and act like it is odd. DX200 and a bug?? Whaaa? SHOCKING!!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx200-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here.838997/

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,137 of 13,478
Sony battery last the longest hence has no power. 200 or 350 mw in balance is pretty liw power.

That is quite true , never look at it from this angle.
Sq & longevity has always been my priority.

***Base on Balanced out***

Sony WM series is doing 300mw
Dx2xx is doing 6.2 Vrms = 768.8mw !!!

So battery on DX2xx lasting 8-10hrs for normal lossless playback is actually quite acceptable no ?

Is this correct ? Or correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #1,138 of 13,478
That is quite true , never look at it from this angle.
Sq & longevity has always been my priority.

***Base on Balanced out***

Sony WM series is doing 300mw
Dx2xx is doing 6.2 Vrms = 768.8mw !!!

So battery on DX2xx lasting 8-10hrs for normal lossless playback is actually quite acceptable no ?

Is this correct ? Or correct me if im wrong.
I get around 8 hours of balanced output use or just a little more.

Today, using the AMP1 mkII and the Ether II, very detailed and layered. Been using the DX220 with hi res, DSD and regular resolution and no problems with the UI or speed. Right now I am using it with the Focal Stelia and the sound is more like an open headphone than closed. Very nice.

I have the WM1Z and had the 1A before that and for a few weeks with the 1Z but preferred the 1Z so sold the 1Z. IMO the DX220 now is better than the 1Z. More dynamic and able to control and work naturally with some nice headphones with lots of headroom so the sound never compresses.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #1,139 of 13,478
Here ya go:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here.838997/page-22

How about:

"Yeah? Your point? They did over 13+ FW updates and corrected all that and they still follow up "
  • You don't look like a homer
  • You point out iBasso's excellent track record with follow up as they (Paul) are still active in the bug thread
Win....Win

Ya wanna see a video of DX220 struggling? I can help you with that.
You can go check that site with 28 flashing banner adds but I doubt they will tell much besides what you wanna hear. Lemme show ya!! Camera don't lie.
But
I will wait for the FW as any experienced DAP user would do.
You have been here 10 years. There is a thread dedicated to folks who had issues like he stated so enjoy your gear and stop dumping on someone who didn't word a post good enough for you to catch it and act like it is odd. DX200 and a bug?? Whaaa? SHOCKING!!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx200-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here.838997/

The DX220 hasn't even been released, except to some reviewers and other early adapters (that includes you, right?). I certainly can't buy one as none is available for sale from an authorized dealer. Can't really comment on a Unit that isn't mass released yet as I am sure the software is still being matured.

As for the bug thread, that is exactly what it is. A bug thread to help iBasso solve bugs that get resolved with software updates. I currently do not have issues with my player and most don't or it wouldn't have been so well received with positive reviews and sales.
Here are some reviews from actual users or reviewers, of the DX200. Again, the DX200 is a different player than the DX220.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back