iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #316 of 333
I have a problem on last stock firmware 1.0.5. I use my player in Android mode with Tidal (it is the only one additional app installed). When it plays music all works fine. But when i pause or kill application my player turns of in 30min or 1 hour (can't say exactly). When it turns of it even doesn't charge. I have to long press power button 2-3 times to turn it on, then it starts boot with dx200 logo. I checked all turn off timers in Mango. Tried to factory reset device, all the same. May be it hardware problem?

Are you on the latest Tidal version and does this happen in the Mango OS?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #317 of 333
Hello,
Since I have installed Android Oreo on my Ibasso DX200 I notice strange issues related to wifi connection (2.4 GHz). When the screen is turned on everything is ok, but when the screen goes to the sleep mode, the wifi connection breakes off. It is very annoying when using Tidal or other streaming apps, because the music stops and I have to turn on the screen and push the button play again. I have tried the factory reset, battery optimization options - without any result.

Did you have to do with similar issues before? Is there any solution of this problem?

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #318 of 333
Hi Paul,

I brought my DX200 from amazon in 2017 and I think it is the first generation of DX200 that has the touch screen sluggish issue. I never have it fixed and now it is getting much worse. Do you still offer free fix on that? Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks
Jeff

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #319 of 333
^

Wow! Two years and you're just enquiring about the issue now? Of course I'm not the great Paul@iBasso so I'd suggest using the "Contact Us" link on the iBasso site. FYI, there is only a 1 year warranty on their gear so you could be running into some costs in getting the issue resolved.

Fwiw, I bought my DX200 two years ago and the dap did experience the touch screen issue as well. I was suppose to send it in at the request of Paul about a month after purchase which I decided not to do. The touch screen lag disappears with Lurker0's firmware mod. And with the recent Android os update the DX200 is as snappy as can be. Have you got the latest iBasso updates and/or tried Lurker custom mod? May be a solution.

Again, just contact iBasso directly.

Good luck.

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #320 of 333
^

Wow! Two years and you're just enquiring about the issue now? Of course I'm not the great Paul@iBasso so I'd suggest using the "Contact Us" link on the iBasso site. FYI, there is only a 1 year warranty on their gear so you could be running into some costs in getting the issue resolved.

Fwiw, I bought my DX200 two years ago and the dap did experience the touch screen issue as well. I was suppose to send it in at the request of Paul about a month after purchase which I decided not to do. The touch screen lag disappears with Lurker0's firmware mod. And with the recent Android os update the DX200 is as snappy as can be. Have you got the latest iBasso updates and/or tried Lurker custom mod? May be a solution.

Again, just contact iBasso directly.

Good luck.
I updated the latest firmware, not getting any better. When everyone was complaining about screen lag two years ago, my unit was not bad all the time, it lagged sporadically, so I didn’t bother asking for fix. Now I use it more and seems to be getting worse. Sent a question via Contact Us, will see what will happen.

Thanks
Jeff

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #321 of 333
Any idea why UAPP is skipping about the first second (maybe less, the point is that audio playback doesnt begin at the very start of a song)

Hi, new guy here as well, but I am experiencing the same issue with UAPP. Tried a factory reset and tried re-flashing the firmware again (I'm using the latest release by lurker). The problem occurs when I select a new song to play for example when I first start UAPP with nothing playing and I select a song with a drum hit or a chord strum that starts the song, it would skip it and play the rest of the song perfectly. However if I play another song before the aforementioned track and the let the player transition to it, the drum hit/chord strum can be heard (hope this makes sense). So I am at a lost here, I love the DX200 and it's versatility but this is driving me nuts.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am experiencing the same problem and getting very frustrated with it...

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #322 of 333
Firmware: Version 1.07.082
Bug Found in: Mango and Android
Issue Description: Various Artists tag not read when viewing by Genre or Artist. Latest update looks to have applied Album Artist to Album view only. I use the genre view a lot and is annoying to see the compilation album artists randomly spread within this view. Can they not be grouped in the genre view?

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #323 of 333
Firmware: Version 1.07.082
Bug Found in: Mango and Android
Issue Description: Cannot load an imported playlist if it has over 100 songs. I have one playlist with 146 songs. Playlist appears empty after load if I keep all 146 songs, however, same file is loaded if reduced to 99 songs.

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #324 of 333
DX220, latest 1.12.149 firmware.
USB connection is not stable with stock usb cable.
I cannot see the usb connection selection of "charger only", file transfer",...
by swipe down from top.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #325 of 333
DX220, latest 1.12.149 firmware.
USB connection is not stable with stock usb cable.
I cannot see the usb connection selection of "charger only", file transfer",...
by swipe down from top.
I kind of found that this is due to I connect it from usb hub.
If I connect dx220 direct to PC's usb port, it works fine.

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #327 of 333
With the most recent firmware, is watching the battey drain from 90-100 down to 86% from a full charge in 45-50 minutes normal? I watch the percentage drop while only having the screen on for a short time.
The battery page says I've got about ~6 hours left, but I can't help but feel this is way too fast for dishcharge. The files I'm listening to aren't really that heavy, either, mp3 podcasts lately.

Is this something I should consider getting repaired/replaced? Any advice Would be extremely helpful.

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #329 of 333
Hi all my dx200 has developed a fault it takes longer to boot than in the past & then while playing a song it continuously crashes/turns off completely it is running the latest. battery shows 100%, firmware v1.10.
any ideas?

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #330 of 333
Hi all my dx200 has developed a fault it takes longer to boot than in the past & then while playing a song it continuously crashes/turns off completely it is running the latest. battery shows 100%, firmware v1.10.
any ideas?
I would use the Android tool that is on the 1st page of the DX200 thread and then update to the latest firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back