DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 24, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #10,456 of 13,478
- Tidal, Qobuz, UAPP, Neutron, HiBy, Fiio Music and all the apps that you can use they still work, no problems on this side. Imagine this rom as an improvement over the stock one, the way it works its THE SAME, no problems and no issues
- Google Play Store can be installed on stock firmware in fact using APKPure, so, yes, can be installed too on Fidelizer's ROM
- There are some improvements applied to Mango OS but the main focus its to Android (basically because there are more things to improve on Android than Mango which by default its improved over Android)
Interesting you the feeling you have the with the Advanced ROM is that much.

I had got it with the AMP8 Signature mod of his, and got the Advanced ROM at a discount. Definitely felt improvement in sound, like the background was darker and as far as i remember, the bass was a bit more tighter. But overall I felt it was very subtle to hear, and overtime I couldnt differentiate i guess.

But those that want to try the ROM, I would suggest trying out the Purist ROM first since its free, and then go to the Advanced ROM.

Jan 24, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #10,457 of 13,478
It's only like an extra hr of battery so in my view not worth it getting it over the Purist.

One thing I've always found is the Apollo app doesn't work very well and best to be avoided

Have you tried the free version? Try that first and see if it improves anything for you before jumping for the paid version.

There is also Lurkers mod to try as well, that's free and also is an improvement over the stock rom
Lurker does not advertise his ROM as improvement on the sound department, his is basically an add-on, the Fidelizer ROM is a complete ROM in itself.

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #10,465 of 13,478
Does the free fidelizer rom bring a minimum of sound improvement or not?
i installed the free version and felt it improved nothing

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #10,467 of 13,478
I've just installed the free Fidelizer ROM too. No changes to the sound at all.
its just a hype that does nothing to the sound

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #10,468 of 13,478
I have purist installed but i did it few days after my am8 arrived. so after obvious sound changes jumping from amp1 mk2 to amp purist improvement are nothing like it. But i did not expect that either.
Now i have sent my amp8 for signature mod, so had to go back to amp1 mk2, i think the layering and seperation has improved further a tiny bit.

Anyways i will go for advanced rom too but only after my ears get used to modded amp8 just to see how it changes. Will let you know

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #10,469 of 13,478
IMO, Fidelizer only affect on Android OS... Mango OS will only have small effect...
based on my exp, tighter in every freq...

please pay attention, to disable verity... if you don't do it properly, it will make your device loop in a reboot sequence...

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #10,470 of 13,478
IMO, Fidelizer only affect on Android OS... Mango OS will only have small effect...
based on my exp, tighter in every freq...

please pay attention, to disable verity... if you don't do it properly, it will make your device loop in a reboot sequence...

Using Fidelizer in Android OS. Absolutely zero audible difference compared to the stock FW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back