DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 24, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #10,471 of 13,478
I installed the Fidelizer Enhanced ROM last weekend. The instructions are very brief, and a little hard to follow if you are not an Android developer. Screen shots would really help. I had it installed in the end.

My main reason to get it was to be able to stay in the Android O/S and also have the same sound as with the Mango O/S, and to be able to stay in touch with my work via Skype for Business and email while on the go/listening to music. The ROM met these goals. Now I don't find myself switching to the Mango O/S (with no Skype or email).

I will also get one of the hardware mods from Fidelizer next month. If the mod reduces the hiss with AMP9, then I'll send in AMP9, otherwise it will be with AMP8.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #10,472 of 13,478
I installed the Fidelizer Enhanced ROM last weekend. The instructions are very brief, and a little hard to follow if you are not an Android developer. Screen shots would really help. I had it installed in the end.

My main reason to get it was to be able to stay in the Android O/S and also have the same sound as with the Mango O/S, and to be able to stay in touch with my work via Skype for Business and email while on the go/listening to music. The ROM met these goals. Now I don't find myself switching to the Mango O/S (with no Skype or email).

I will also get one of the hardware mods from Fidelizer next month. If the mod reduces the hiss with AMP9, then I'll send in AMP9, otherwise it will be with AMP8.

If there was an AMP 9 hardware mod that reduced the hiss I would be all over that.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #10,473 of 13,478
20190712_181357.jpg
I was doing AB ing with other DX221mk2 (left) which installed Advanced purist, with mine (Right)

I did felt what I exp.
I didn't go for it, since there was not much difference in Mango OS....

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #10,475 of 13,478

I was doing AB ing with other DX221mk2 (left) which installed Advanced purist, with mine (Right)

I did felt what I exp.

That's a hardware mod, it is a completely different deal
I'm talking about the Fidelizer ROM. For me, there isn't any kind of audible difference between the Fidelizer ROM and the stock ROM.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #10,476 of 13,478

I did felt what I exp.

You got two? I got two myself bro..one with amp9 and one completely modded with amp8exfe. :)

dx.jpg

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #10,483 of 13,478
That's a hardware mod, it is a completely different deal
I'm talking about the Fidelizer ROM. For me, there isn't any kind of audible difference between the Fidelizer ROM and the stock ROM.
noted and understand...
the left one was only installing Fidelizer ROM...
And for me, I didn't go for it, since I am more on Mango OS

You got two? I got two myself bro..one with amp9 and one completely modded with amp8exfe. :)

hahaha.. WOW... I can only said that....
Only have one la...
it was a trial to find out Fidelizer at that time...

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #10,484 of 13,478
It's my second week with the DX220 and it couldn't impress me so far.
Both amp1 and amp8 sounds fine, but nothing noticeably than Dragonfly Blue, Mojo and other cheaper stuff. Am I the only one not very satisfied with the DX220's sound quality ?

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #10,485 of 13,478
It's my second week with the DX220 and it couldn't impress me so far.
Both amp1 and amp8 sounds fine, but nothing noticeably than Dragonfly Blue, Mojo and other cheaper stuff. Am I the only one not very satisfied with the DX220's sound quality ?
Maybe it isn't for you. I would trying something else to listen to it with, maybe the volume is too low or maybe you won't hear the difference and a Dragon Fly will suit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back