DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 23, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #10,441 of 13,478
The hiss is bad with DX220, AMP9 and Solaris during quiet passages. This can be quite annoying, otherwise it's a great pairing.

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #10,443 of 13,478
+1 Hiss is bad with Andromeda on DX229. Plugged in straight, low gain/volume 30 would be my listening level and it's listening in static noise. I do enjoy it a lot with IEMatch inserted at "High" setting and volume up to 60. With IEMatch, it sounds very musical and good!

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #10,444 of 13,478
For you, is DX220 amp1mk2 warm, neutral or bright ?
For me amp1 mk 2 is neutral. I think this is the sound signature that I like, and to listen to I listen with the filter number 1. The problem with amp7 is that the sound is too far in front and the bright signature does not reconcile with the headphones. The Dunu needles are a little aggressive on the wrong source.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #10,446 of 13,478
Im gonna avoid to create a separated thread as im not so good than other ones to create this content, so, I will put here my review of the Fidelizer's rom. This one its the Advanced one, choosing Purist mode which basically its the better one in terms of sound, then you can use compatibility to enhance the compatibility with some music apps/services and then you have a third one, battery saver which under Fidelizer's opinion, you obtain 1 hour more.

After 10 days more or less of listening after the upgrade to Advanced I only can say that its amazing how just "only" software mod can change SO DRAMATICALLY the overall sound experience, again, amazing. 2 case uses, both under Android, I need to taste Mango after the update but I can state that Android was improved so much that im shocked that this improvement could be done, really.

First setup, DX228 + Andromeda S, medium gain, volume 80, FLAC most of them 16 but some others 24 bits, no mp3

- Soundstage better

- Bass dramatically improved, not the typical bom bom but with more clear sub-bass

- Instrumentals with more separations. I started listening the Whiplash BSO and oh god, sometimes I closed my eyes and I thought that I was on the film shoot

- More vocals presence

- I noticed that the mids are maybe those who have benefited the least as a "bad" point

Second setup, DX228 + Fostex TH610, high gain, volume 120, FLAC most of them 16 but some others 24 bits, no mp3

- Soundstage has teleported me to the first row of the concert, amazing

- Bass on this headphones are very nice and I noticed a more "dry" bass and sub-bass not affecting the rest of the frequencies, right on, perfect

- Instrumentals again with more separations, very clear

- Highs and mids both improved, for sure, overall improvement

One absolutely amazing thing that I noticed is the battery, oh my gosh, the last testing was 2 hours of use and the stats went from 100% to 81%, really, this is freaking awesome.

In general for me its more than worth this solution, the free one its quite nice but of course that its very far away from the performance that the enhanced and above all, the advanced one.

PD: Im not sponsored by Fidelizer nor they didn't pay me anything for this review

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #10,448 of 13,478
To be honest, I was thinking seriously about it because have more battery its always good and well, taking into account that the base sound quality of the device for me its more than worth, plus the Fidelizer Advanced its the best, go for Battery instead of Purist (best sound) it could be understandable. In any case and again, the overall performance improvement with "just" software its amazing, it shows the potential of the device with just changes at soft level (of course, knowing what are you doing)

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #10,449 of 13,478
Im gonna avoid to create a separated thread as im not so good than other ones to create this content, so, I will put here my review of the Fidelizer's rom. This one its the Advanced one, choosing Purist mode which basically its the better one in terms of sound, then you can use compatibility to enhance the compatibility with some music apps/services and then you have a third one, battery saver which under Fidelizer's opinion, you obtain 1 hour more.

After 10 days more or less of listening after the upgrade to Advanced I only can say that its amazing how just "only" software mod can change SO DRAMATICALLY the overall sound experience, again, amazing. 2 case uses, both under Android, I need to taste Mango after the update but I can state that Android was improved so much that im shocked that this improvement could be done, really.

First setup, DX228 + Andromeda S, medium gain, volume 80, FLAC most of them 16 but some others 24 bits, no mp3

- Soundstage better

- Bass dramatically improved, not the typical bom bom but with more clear sub-bass

- Instrumentals with more separations. I started listening the Whiplash BSO and oh god, sometimes I closed my eyes and I thought that I was on the film shoot

- More vocals presence

- I noticed that the mids are maybe those who have benefited the least as a "bad" point

Second setup, DX228 + Fostex TH610, high gain, volume 120, FLAC most of them 16 but some others 24 bits, no mp3

- Soundstage has teleported me to the first row of the concert, amazing

- Bass on this headphones are very nice and I noticed a more "dry" bass and sub-bass not affecting the rest of the frequencies, right on, perfect

- Instrumentals again with more separations, very clear

- Highs and mids both improved, for sure, overall improvement

One absolutely amazing thing that I noticed is the battery, oh my gosh, the last testing was 2 hours of use and the stats went from 100% to 81%, really, this is freaking awesome.

In general for me its more than worth this solution, the free one its quite nice but of course that its very far away from the performance that the enhanced and above all, the advanced one.

PD: Im not sponsored by Fidelizer nor they didn't pay me anything for this review
Can you also point out if there are negatives with this ROM vs the stock one? How is the software stability, fluidity etc ?
Ty

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #10,450 of 13,478
Can you also point out if there are negatives with this ROM vs the stock one? How is the software stability, fluidity etc ?
Ty
Well, there is nothing negative in terms of stability, fluidity or performance, quite the opposite actually, I mean, all its improved. As a "negative" thing, well, Fidelizer removes ALL useless under Android as Clock app or stock apps that you are not gonna miss but if any of those in fact you will miss, yes, maybe its a problem xD In any case, nope, everything its fine and works like a charm, 0 reboots, 0 problems, 0 process closed by some failures and the overall experience its the best one

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #10,451 of 13,478
Well, there is nothing negative in terms of stability, fluidity or performance, quite the opposite actually, I mean, all its improved. As a "negative" thing, well, Fidelizer removes ALL useless under Android as Clock app or stock apps that you are not gonna miss but if any of those in fact you will miss, yes, maybe its a problem xD In any case, nope, everything its fine and works like a charm, 0 reboots, 0 problems, 0 process closed by some failures and the overall experience its the best one
I see, does Tidal Quobuz and UAPP still work?
Can google play store be side-loaded?
And does this affect only android OS and not Mango OS?

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #10,452 of 13,478
I see, does Tidal Quobuz and UAPP still work?
Can google play store be side-loaded?
And does this affect only android OS and not Mango OS?
- Tidal, Qobuz, UAPP, Neutron, HiBy, Fiio Music and all the apps that you can use they still work, no problems on this side. Imagine this rom as an improvement over the stock one, the way it works its THE SAME, no problems and no issues
- Google Play Store can be installed on stock firmware in fact using APKPure, so, yes, can be installed too on Fidelizer's ROM
- There are some improvements applied to Mango OS but the main focus its to Android (basically because there are more things to improve on Android than Mango which by default its improved over Android)

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #10,453 of 13,478
- Tidal, Qobuz, UAPP, Neutron, HiBy, Fiio Music and all the apps that you can use they still work, no problems on this side. Imagine this rom as an improvement over the stock one, the way it works its THE SAME, no problems and no issues
- Google Play Store can be installed on stock firmware in fact using APKPure, so, yes, can be installed too on Fidelizer's ROM
- There are some improvements applied to Mango OS but the main focus its to Android (basically because there are more things to improve on Android than Mango which by default its improved over Android)

I just wanted to shoot a real quick thanks for the detailed info and review. I have been real curious about this mod but not quite ready to pull the trigger. Your words may get me off the fence!

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #10,455 of 13,478
To be honest, I was thinking seriously about it because have more battery its always good and well, taking into account that the base sound quality of the device for me its more than worth, plus the Fidelizer Advanced its the best, go for Battery instead of Purist (best sound) it could be understandable. In any case and again, the overall performance improvement with "just" software its amazing, it shows the potential of the device with just changes at soft level (of course, knowing what are you doing)

It's only like an extra hr of battery so in my view not worth it getting it over the Purist.

One thing I've always found is the Apollo app doesn't work very well and best to be avoided

I just wanted to shoot a real quick thanks for the detailed info and review. I have been real curious about this mod but not quite ready to pull the trigger. Your words may get me off the fence!

Have you tried the free version? Try that first and see if it improves anything for you before jumping for the paid version.

There is also Lurkers mod to try as well, that's free and also is an improvement over the stock rom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back