DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #10,428 of 13,478
They're in Shenzhen I believe, which is very far from Wuhan.
However, as Paul implied, it's a uniquely disastrous time for this viral outbreak to have occurred as prior to Chinese New Year, countless people travel back to their hometowns to celebrate with family (one report estimated that 1.3 billion journeys would be taken over that period!).
So when you're trying to lock down an outbreak that's already spread to other cities, it's going to be extremely difficult.
My best wishes and prayers are with iBasso and the people of China during this festive season!

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #10,429 of 13,478
I bought an amp7 and I honestly don't like the sound. Too bright and too in front of voices and instruments. In addition to this I seem to be powerless, Dunu in 2000j I listen to them on average gain. They have 8 ohms and 102 dB. Honestly, I like amp more 1 mk 2. Can you recommend me another 3.5mm output module?

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #10,430 of 13,478
I bought an amp7 and I honestly don't like the sound. Too bright and too in front of voices and instruments. In addition to this I seem to be powerless, Dunu in 2000j I listen to them on average gain. They have 8 ohms and 102 dB. Honestly, I like amp more 1 mk 2. Can you recommend me another 3.5mm output module?
I suggest you to go for amp8 if you want performance, but on top of that, go for 2.5 cables to have balanced output and enjoy the music :)

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #10,431 of 13,478
I suggest you to go for amp8 if you want performance, but on top of that, go for 2.5 cables to have balanced output and enjoy the music :)
If he doesn't like the Amp7 sound i wouldn't recommend Amp8, because both are discret amp designs with similar specs. They differ in the output single ended vs balanced, but they share a part of the the same amp design.
From my perspective its therefore risky to recommend Amp8 for him.

Amp9 has a nice warm tube sound, can hiss with sensitive headphones, but worth to consider if the phones pair gently.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #10,432 of 13,478
AMP 9?
I hope that Dunu is not very sensitive to hiss..
A side that, AMP9 is the most fluid among others AMP...
20200122_180706.jpg

And I would said, AMp1Mk2 still good and versitile for me... same VRMS with AMP8, and have option to the majority jack SE with PO and LO.... IMHO
so there's nothing wrong with AMp1Mk2...

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #10,434 of 13,478
AMP 9?
I hope that Dunu is not very sensitive to hiss..
A side that, AMP9 is the most fluid among others AMP...

And I would said, AMp1Mk2 still good and versitile for me... same VRMS with AMP8, and have option to the majority jack SE with PO and LO.... IMHO
so there's nothing wrong with AMp1Mk2...

Agreed on amp9 being most fluid and organic of all. Was on amp8exfe and now switched back to amp9. I like the sound better with the latest firmware.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #10,435 of 13,478
Agreed on amp9 being most fluid and organic of all. Was on amp8exfe and now switched back to amp9. I like the sound better with the latest firmware.

Does AMP9 with your Solaris not hiss like crazy? With the A18t the sound was exceptional but I had to basically crank the volume to levels I normally don’t listen to to drown out the hiss.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #10,436 of 13,478
Does AMP9 with your Solaris not hiss like crazy? With the A18t the sound was exceptional but I had to basically crank the volume to levels I normally don’t listen to to drown out the hiss.

Actually I never thought about hiss as it was never a problem for me. Now that you mentioned when I turned up the volume from 0 to higher
I do hear some noticeable hiss but then when I brought it up to normal listening level around 55, it's all masked. Does it still bother you at normal
listening level? What's your normal listening level?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #10,437 of 13,478
Actually I never thought about hiss as it was never a problem for me. Now that you mentioned when I turned up the volume from 0 to higher
I do hear some noticeable hiss but then when I brought it up to normal listening level around 55, it's all masked. Does it still bother you at normal
listening level? What's your normal listening level?

I don’t own AMP 9 anymore but I remember it having to be around 70 with my A18t to get rid of the hiss (unless it was a quiet passage on the track)

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #10,440 of 13,478
Wow, you must be extra sensitive to hiss. I don't feel a damn thing after 50. amp8 hits hard and all but seems to lacks the 'sophistication' which amp9 possess.
hmm... I wont even stand on Volume 30, AMP9 to Solaris, without ifi...
the Hiss even enter in the song...

For you, is DX220 amp1mk2 warm, neutral or bright ?
Neutral for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back