DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #10,232 of 13,478
there is noticeable difference between listening to tidal app and between listening to tidal using the uapp app, when in bit perfect mode in uapp. i do not like how tidal sounds as a stand alone app on dx220, but with uapp there are more details in mids when using tidal.

tidal as stand alone app i get a hollow sound in mids while tidal through uapp is more detailed in mids

to understand what i mean listen to this using tidal alone and then tidal from uapp

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #10,233 of 13,478
DX220+AMP8EX-FE+Oppo PM1 sounds great
20200117_205544.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #10,235 of 13,478
there is noticeable difference between listening to tidal app and between listening to tidal using the uapp app, when in bit perfect mode in uapp. i do not like how tidal sounds as a stand alone app on dx220, but with uapp there are more details in mids when using tidal.

tidal as stand alone app i get a hollow sound in mids while tidal through uapp is more detailed in mids

to understand what i mean listen to this using tidal alone and then tidal from uapp

That is why I am not too fond of these streaming services. Not only Tidal but all other apps are very similar. Non of them care enough about a proper way to process digital music enough. More like they just want money.
Their pros is that you can discover music easier
This is the reason why I rather buy the CD and then play it in MangoOS
Lately I discovered that Dx220 is acting so much as a smartphone with Android. I can buy and download directly from Tidal, even manage folders and moving files locations with the app “file manager” that comes with it. I am pretty happy. If anyone who would like to do the same, the tip I can give is to “download your purchases file by file” otherwise they may mess up where the count is accounted and the files are not downloaded

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #10,236 of 13,478
Also, honestly, I am very excited to see the hardware configurations of Fiio M15. What is holding me back is the DX220Max. That is just because I know very well how good Ibasso Dx220 and Amp8 can be as I played around a lot. That is how there is “EX”

Beside, it is very sad that as much as I have keep on saying, the OS plays a huge part in music and sound quality!!!! Neither Fiio, nor Cayin, A&K are dedicated enough to invest into a proper Dedicated Proprietary OS. Only Ibasso is doing so with MangoOS.

Believe me, I still remember the time where MangoOS was so bad that I never used it but sticking with Android and PowerAmp....Nowadays it is being perfected more and more. For example, the latest Firmware, even more details and treble extensions ? Ridiculously awesome!!!!!

the wait for DX220Max is “long”!!!!

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #10,237 of 13,478
Also, honestly, I am very excited to see the hardware configurations of Fiio M15. What is holding me back is the DX220Max. That is just because I know very well how good Ibasso Dx220 and Amp8 can be as I played around a lot. That is how there is “EX”

Beside, it is very sad that as much as I have keep on saying, the OS plays a huge part in music and sound quality!!!! Neither Fiio, nor Cayin, A&K are dedicated enough to invest into a proper Dedicated Proprietary OS. Only Ibasso is doing so with MangoOS.

Believe me, I still remember the time where MangoOS was so bad that I never used it but sticking with Android and PowerAmp....Nowadays it is being perfected more and more. For example, the latest Firmware, even more details and treble extensions ? Ridiculously awesome!!!!!

What do you think about the sound of DX220 with AMP1mk2 and AMP8 (all unmodded) ?
I try them with various headphones (high end Focal and Senn) and while they often sound fine, I am not entirely satisfied Especially given the price and the hype. DX220+ AMP8 could be my DAP endgame but not quite yet.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #10,239 of 13,478
That is why I am not too fond of these streaming services. Not only Tidal but all other apps are very similar. Non of them care enough about a proper way to process digital music enough. More like they just want money.
Their pros is that you can discover music easier
This is the reason why I rather buy the CD and then play it in MangoOS
Lately I discovered that Dx220 is acting so much as a smartphone with Android. I can buy and download directly from Tidal, even manage folders and moving files locations with the app “file manager” that comes with it. I am pretty happy. If anyone who would like to do the same, the tip I can give is to “download your purchases file by file” otherwise they may mess up where the count is accounted and the files are not downloaded

u mean downloading form tidal, but in the end u must use tidal to play them offline, will there be a difference between streaming form tidal and downloaded tidal offline

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #10,240 of 13,478

Mango OS totally is way better than android on ibasso, i totally agree, and really like dx220 using mango os no complains whatsoever, but my issues are in the android side of dx220. But again mango os totally I endorse it as it sounds perfect , so all my negative issues are on android side of the dx220

If only i can download from tidal and then go to mango OS and play downloaded files from mango os

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #10,241 of 13,478
For example, the latest Firmware, even more details and treble extensions ? Ridiculously awesome!!!!!

left my DX220 at home...

btw,
tried the following song
Screenshot_20200117-184905_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

The recording was unique, the soundstage was narrow, but the depth was so thick and layered...
if you Cans & DAP are regular, it will having difficulty to seperate Vocal & Instrumen...
Its a good track to test TOTL in narrow yet Depth soundstage...

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #10,242 of 13,478
Mango OS totally is way better than android on ibasso, i totally agree, and really like dx220 using mango os no complains whatsoever, but my issues are in the android side of dx220. But again mango os totally I endorse it as it sounds perfect , so all my negative issues are on android side of the dx220

If only i can download from tidal and then go to mango OS and play downloaded files from mango os

buy the albums LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back